Chipped Ice

Pens’ Game 1 on Friday, Game 2 on Sunday afternoon.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

LIKE MOST FOLKS IN PITTSBURGH…

I’m on my couch watching Game 7 between the Canadiens and Capitals. Team Trib Total Media has Kevin Gorman at Verizon Center, so be sure to check the Web site and Thursday’s print product for complete coverage.

As for the Penguins’ second-round schedule — well, the NHL release scenarios for either outcome at Washington:

If Canadiens win:

Sunday, May 2— 2:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh— NBC, CBC
Tuesday, May 4—7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston —CBC, VERSUS
Thursday, May 6 — 7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston—CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, May 8 *—7:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh—CBC, VERSUS
Monday, May 10 *— 7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston— CBC, VERSUS
Wednesday, May 12 *—7:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh—CBC, VERSUS

We’ve put together some early scouting reports for either the Canadiens or Bruins, so look for those online and in print. Plus, there will be the tasty treats that are my picks for the Pens in Round 2.

— BY ROB ROSSI

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Author: Rob Rossi

Rob Rossi is the lead sports columnist for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He has been called many names, but “Rossi” is the one to which he most often responds. He joined the Trib in November 2002 and was promoted to the columnist role in July 2014. Previously, he had covered the NHL’s Penguins (2006-14) and MLB’s Pirates (2006), while also working on beats associated with the NFL’s Steelers (2005-06) and the NCAA’s Pitt (2004-06). He has won national and local awards for his coverage of youth concussions and athletes’ charities. Also, he is a member of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association executive committee and the Pittsburgh chapter chair. Raised in Crafton and Green Tree and a graduate of West Virginia University, he has covered a Super Bowl, All-Star Games in baseball and hockey, the NCAA basketball tournament and over 100 Stanley Cup playoff games, including the Cup Final twice. Oh, and his sports reporting has led him to brief chats with Mick Jagger and Bruce Springsteen; so that’s pretty cool. He is a regular contributor on TV with WPXI, Root Sports Pittsburgh and TSN. Also, he is the authorized biographer of Penguins star Evgeni Malkin.

Comments

1. Robert Horey says:

Rob, your TV listing differs from what I read in the other daily. I prefer yours.Is it CERTAIN all round two games will be on Versus? I have the regional “Sport Package” on DirectV but games on FSN are usually blacked out except if they are on :Center Ice” which I also had. I hope I don’t have to drive to Pittsburgh just to watch on TV!

2. Robert Horey says:

P.S. My e-mail was incorrect on my comment question!

3. Robert Horey says:

Something screwed up! Probably me! Are your TV projections correct that other than NBC, Versus will carry the other Round 2 games of the Penguins?