Chipped Ice

Pens’ Game 1 on Friday, Game 2 on Sunday afternoon.

LIKE MOST FOLKS IN PITTSBURGH…

I’m on my couch watching Game 7 between the Canadiens and Capitals. Team Trib Total Media has Kevin Gorman at Verizon Center, so be sure to check the Web site and Thursday’s print product for complete coverage.

As for the Penguins’ second-round schedule — well, the NHL release scenarios for either outcome at Washington:

If Canadiens win:

Sunday, May 2— 2:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh— NBC, CBC
Tuesday, May 4—7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston —CBC, VERSUS
Thursday, May 6 — 7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston—CBC, VERSUS
Saturday, May 8 *—7:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh—CBC, VERSUS
Monday, May 10 *— 7:00 p.m.—Pittsburgh at Boston— CBC, VERSUS
Wednesday, May 12 *—7:00 p.m.—Boston at Pittsburgh—CBC, VERSUS

We’ve put together some early scouting reports for either the Canadiens or Bruins, so look for those online and in print. Plus, there will be the tasty treats that are my picks for the Pens in Round 2.

— BY ROB ROSSI

Author: Rob Rossi

Rob Rossi has covered the Penguins for parts of every season that Sidney Crosby has played in Pittsburgh. So, since 2005. He has led the Trib's NHL coverage since 2007, when he became the primary Penguins beat reporter. He joined the Tribune-Review in November 2002. Rossi, 35, is local chapter president of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association. He also dabbles in radio, as ClearChannel's "Penguins Insider," and TV, as "NHL Insider" for Root Sports Pittsburgh, and as a semi-regular contributor to The Final Word, a Sunday sports show that airs on WPXI. In 2012, Rossi was recognized nationally by Penn State's John Curley Center for Sports Journalism for his coverage of youth sports for a Trib series that investigated concussion protocol. In 2013, he teamed with Carl Prine for an investigative piece about athletes' charities what was honored regionally. A graduate of West Virginia University and Keystone Oaks High School, Rossi was raised in Crafton and Green Tree and currently resides in Brookline. He is currently working on the authorized biography of Evgeni Malkin. Follow him on Twitter: @RobRossi_Trib

Comments

1. Robert Horey says:

Rob, your TV listing differs from what I read in the other daily. I prefer yours.Is it CERTAIN all round two games will be on Versus? I have the regional “Sport Package” on DirectV but games on FSN are usually blacked out except if they are on :Center Ice” which I also had. I hope I don’t have to drive to Pittsburgh just to watch on TV!

2. Robert Horey says:

P.S. My e-mail was incorrect on my comment question!

3. Robert Horey says:

Something screwed up! Probably me! Are your TV projections correct that other than NBC, Versus will carry the other Round 2 games of the Penguins?

Other Blogs
Sports: Dejan Kovacevic | Steel Mill | Chipped Ice | Bucco Blog | Sitting Ringside | Pitt Locker Room | Penn State Sports | H.S. Sports Insiders