Chipped Ice

Seeing Yakupov in person quite a treat

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailfacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Comments

1. Jay Walker says:

If I’m Crosby, then I want out ASAP. What a Mickey Mouse operation.

2. badvibesdude says:

How many doctors from outside of the Pens organization did Crosby see before somebody caught the c-spine fractures? Medicine isn’t always an exact science and good doctors miss things, especially when they aren’t looking for them. Nobody caught it until Crosby went to see a guy that specializes in neuro-spinal issues. It’s a freak injury and I don’t think you have any basis to say that it would have been caught earlier by another team’s medical staff. Although Crosby had to be cleared by the team’s medical staff to play, he wasn’t being treated by the team. They diagnosed the concussion and then he sought treatment from specialists. I suppose UPMC is a Mickey-Mouse operation as well then.

3. Robert says:

It seems obvious to me the concern was with the concussion. I doubt anyone, including Doctors, considered a fracture. As vicious the hit was from Steckel, I doubt anyone still considered fracture. The same with the next game. When they said ‘fracture’ many thought a “break”. I’m betting it is a hairline crack which by definition is a fracture. Radiologists read and interpret imaging results and forward them to the Dr. who requested them. The Dr. relies on his expertise. Maybe the images, up until the one in CA. didn’t expose it. I had c6-7 problems and the pain manifested itself in my back, shoulder and arm. Sidney’s may manifest itself in his head. Especially being near the brain stem.

4. sabu says says:

only an idiot like jay walker would say something like that.

5. badvibesdude says:

There are also blood vessels that run through loops (foramen tranversarium) on the outside of the c-spine vertebrae. Those blood vessels feed blood to the cerebellum, which controls precision movement, equilibrium, etc. If those fractures somehow obstructed the blood flow, I think they might have the culprit for the prolonged, post-concussion problems with balance and motion that Crosby complained of.

6. Dejan Shortpants says:

For the good of hockey, we should trade Crosby to the team of his choice. We don’t deserve him here.

7. Candy says:

Dejan: Well said as much as I hate to admit it.