All-Star week: The Pirates’ three amigos

PHOENIX Here is my coverage of the Pirates on All-Star media day.

I’ll have much more to share later. Other stuff still to write.

Comments

1. DannyMoe says:

Love the Correia quote about having the worst stuff in the rotation. Probably true, but good enough for 11 wins so that’s all that matters.

We’re at 89 registered locations right now, can we get to 100 before Friday?

I’m just saying, something else to discuss other than package deals and trade rumors ;-)

3. CDBrewer says:

@Biz,

Attaboy, Biz…I am with you the rumor mill makes me as nervous as it does happy. I MUCH prefer the games breaking it up.
    And DK’s report this am that scouts think the pitching can hold up…WOW. Made my week.
    I am scared to death of Karstens’ inning count.
    If he goes, it is Correia and Maholm, and three question marks.

Forget the offense, if the starters go, the bullpen wears down, and we are back to 73 wins – which i would have loved in May, but now…NOW I believe.

Karstens may have worse stuff, just throws it better.

5. pipecock says:

About the lovations, are we counting neighborhoods within the city of Pittsburgh separately? I’d hate to think I’m getting lumped in with someone from Carrick or Beechview….

6. CDBrewer says:

@pc (can’t call you pipeco…nope, can’t do it)

I would love to see a neighborhood list, but I am not sure that really meets the spirit of the list.

7. DannyMoe says:

With ya Biz…

Quote from a decent article about players and their mitts

“[Dave] Clark said he knows of players who sent their gloves to a seamstress to have them stitched back together. Others, he said, would continuously change out the webbing so they could keep the same glove.”

Some interesting quotes from Overbay, I think he needs to keep searching for a new one. My last “gamer” sits securely in my closet, one of my most prized possessions.

8. ddom says:

@Biz,
    Add Clearfield, PA to the list!

9. Jonathan says:

Biz,

You can add the city of Mackay, Australia to the list. Cheers

10. Maddamma says:

@Bizrow

Not sure if you have Rochester, NY. If not…you do now!

11. SouthSideBucsFan says:

@Biz

If you haven’t added the South Side for Pittsburgh, feel free to do so!

12. George says:

Add Eugene, Oregon to the list

13. Colo Springs Steel says:

@Biz – Not sure if you got Colorado Springs. I know you had me on the list from the other site.

14. Dejan Kovacevic says:

@Jonathan and George: Welcome to both. Australia, indeed.

15. Jonathan says:

Thanks, Dejan, I’ve been reading your work for years. I moved to Australia in 2004 and have since missed 3 Super Bowl runs two Stanley Cup finals and now this miraculous Pirates season, but your blogs and writing always make me feel close to home. Cheers

16. cfjohnsn56 says:

@JMB,

Thanks for that link. I’m glad that trade never went through. I couldn’t imagine trading Jones for a catcher who, in parts of 7 seasons has a career BA below the Mendozza line.

It would have reeked of desperation.

17. kicker of elves says:

@Biz: Erie, PA… add it. :)

18. Mosca says:

@ Biz: You can add Mountain Top, PA, up here in the Poconos.

19. JaxBuc says:

I tried to post my first comment the other day, but never saw it come up. I’m usually just a reader, don’t have much to add that is unique. But I have been enjoying my daily dose of DK and the asylum’s inmates. If you haven’t added Jacksonville, FL, please do.

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle | Flow Back