Final: Diamondbacks 1, Pirates 0

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (68-85) vs. Arizona Diamondbacks (88-65)

Time: 9:40 p.m.

Site: Chase Field, Phoenix

TV, radio: Root Sports, News Talk 104.7 FM

Weather: 85 degrees, absurd

Here is the official live box score, and here are lineups …

Pirates:

4. Miguel Montero, C
  5. Paul Goldschmidt, 1B
  6. Chris Young, CF
  7. Geoff Blum, 3B
  8. Willie Bloomquist, SS
  9. Ian Kennedy, RHP

News updates are on our Pirates page. Rob Biertempfel is at the Bob..

Comments

In search of another 10 game win pitcher

2. hsages211 says:

Pirates record on day Steelers reported to training camp 54-49, since it is 14-36. Just sayin’

They may not get a hit tonight.

4. Eric Bowser says:

So, let’s see since the Pirates game started, I managed to complete my NHL fantasy team in a 20-team league and its only the 6th inning and I’ve already heard Tim Neverette get excited on a fly ball by Walker.

5. Eric Bowser says:

and just like that, a solo HR by D’backs against Karstens… where have I seen that before?

6. Eric Bowser says:

Serious question, how is 2012 going to be any better than the last 19?

I just don’t see it, in fact, ’12 team could be much worse than this season because of the first half pitching performance that will not repeat itself next season. We know the Pirates can’t and won’t play in the free agent market and there’s nothing really on the way from AA or AAA to be excited about for next year.

7. TS says:

This franchise is pathetic. Thank you front office.

8. JMB says:

I’m w. you EB.

There is nothing much to be excited about for next year.

9. JMB says:

TBrownYahoo
    OK, it’s the Pirates, but Ian Kennedy has been superb tonight. One-hitter thru 8.

SOP.

10. TS says:

Sorry DK, but Mr. Huntington does not deserve an extension.

There will not be a winner in Pittsburgh again unless…. a) new ownership, b) new general manager and scouting department, c) a salary cap, or d) a salary ceiling. None of these is anywhere near happening. In a sad sort of way, it’s almost more exciting to see how long the losing streak continues.

I was wrong. They got 2 more hits than I thought they would. Feh.

12. TS says:

Hell, at least the Bad News Bears won.

13. TS says:

Milo, you must be an MOT. Feh is right.

@TS

No. Just years of listening to Myron.

15. yinzguys says:

another one out triple in the ninth and no runs… time to mail it in!

16. JoeBucco says:

See what happens when you get rid of Adam LaRoche? You get no production in August or September. Be careful what you wish for I guess. :)

I’ve got front row seats to the season finale in Milwaukee next week. Actually, all three games for some reason, but the last game I am in the front row behind the Pirates dugout. Hope I see NH out there for that one. Can’t wait to congratulate him for a great season. Have they picked a date for the ticker tape parade yet?

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle