. Brief and to the Point … >> My Wednesday column is about the Steelers’ weird hiring of Todd Haley, dead rats in salads and other pleasant stuff for a morning read. Bon appetit! >> The Steelers’ Weslye Saunders was suspended four games by the NFL for using a banned stimulant. If what the Trib [...]
. Looking ahead to faceoff … Game: Penguins (30-19-4) vs. Montreal Canadiens (20-24-9) Time: 7:38 p.m. Site: Bell Centre, Montreal TV, radio: Root Sports, RDS (French), 105.9 The X Here is the official live summary. News updates are on our Penguins page. Josh Yohe va ecrire l’article pour vous.
Brief and to the Point … >> The Steelers’ hiring of Todd Haley as offensive coordinator raises way, way more questions than it answers, and it’s hard to tell where to start. Here’s the first: Is the guy nuts? The second: Is he as lousy a coach as it it looked in Kansas City? The [...]
INDIANAPOLIS – Brief and to the Point … >> My Monday column off Super Bowl XLVI could have glowed about Eli Manning and all that stuff. Sorry, just wasn’t there. Much more moved by that bizarre backward touchdown by Ahmad Bradshaw. I suppose there’s lots of Eli stuff out there on the interwebs if you [...]
. INDIANAPOLIS – Looking ahead to kickoff … Game: Super Bowl, XLVI, New England Patriots vs. New York Giants Time: 6:29 p.m. Site: Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis TV: NBC (Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth) Weather: 37 degrees, but the place has a roof Here is the official live summary, and here are previews and news updates on [...]
. Looking ahead to tipoff … Game: Pitt (14-9, 3-7 Big East) vs. Villanova (10-12, 3-7) Time: 2:05 p.m. Site: Petersen Events Center TV, radio: ESPN, 93.7 The Fan Here is the official live summary, and here are news updates on our Pitt page. John Grupp is there.
. Looking ahead to faceoff … Game: Penguins (30-18-4) vs. New Jersey Devils (29-19-3) Time: 1:08 p.m. Site: Prudential Center, Newark, N.J. TV, radio: Root Sports, 105.9 The X Here is the official live summary. News updates are on our Penguins page. Josh Yohe is buying postcards.
. Looking ahead to faceoff … Game: Penguins (29-18-4) vs. Boston Bruins (32-15-2) Time: 1:08 p.m. Site: TD Banknorth Garden, Boston TV, radio: Root Sports, NHL Network (not in Muncie!), 105.9 The X Here is the official live summary. News updates are on our Penguins page. Josh Yohe is struggling to come up with a Celtic-type [...]
. MUNCIE, Ind. – Brief and to the Point … >> My Friday column follows a fun sit-down I had yesterday morning with Bill O’Brien. Really down-to-earth guy, the type I could see doing very well in recruiting the state. You’ll also find a brief video. Curious to hear the reaction of you Penn Staters. [...]
. MUNCIE, Ind. — Brief and to the Point … >> My Thursday feature is on Eli and Peyton Manning. In that order, too. This really should be Eli’s week, but you’d hardly know it from all the attention the elder is inviting to himself. >> A few more photos, these of the Indianapolis scene [...]
Dejan Kovacevic’s Blog
- Morning Java: The Mane Man makes his case
- On location: Penguins 7, Senators 3, Game 4
- Final: Pirates 1, Cubs 0
- Morning Java: Who’s your key to Game 4?
- Iginla, Bylsma discuss his power-play usage
- Ghost on On location: Penguins 7, Senators 3, Game 4
- theplanisworking on Final: Pirates 1, Cubs 0
- theplanisworking on On location: Penguins 7, Senators 3, Game 4
- Drew71 on On location: Penguins 7, Senators 3, Game 4
- Baywatch on Final: Pirates 1, Cubs 0
- Morning Java on the blog: Videos of my talk with Kris Letang, several others, plus links to all @TribSports fare: blog.triblive.com/dejan-kovacevi… 12 minutes ago
- If you haven't seen #Sens coach Paul MacLean's postgame press conference, set aside 22 seconds. It's priceless: video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/co… 1 hour ago
- Customs guy, who looked like the mute Phantom Zone criminal from original Superman films, somehow let us back in country. #TribUSA 2 hours ago
- Rebel photog/driver Chaz Palla cracks joke with U.S. customs guy: "All we're bringing back is maple syrup." Guy doesn't laugh AT ALL. 2 hours ago
- Happiness is finding an open Tim Horton's in the Canadian hinterlands on our way to Syracuse. #TribHNGRY 2 hours ago