On location: Pirates 3, Marlins 0

By Dejan Kovacevic | Trib Total Media

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (53-40) vs. Miami Marlins (44-50)

Time: 1:35 p.m.

Site: PNC Park

TV, radio: Root Sports, 93.7 The Fan

Here is the live box score.

And here is the Pirates’ lineup vs. Miami RHP Anibal Sanchez

1. Alex Presley, LF
  2. Neil Walker, 2B
  3. Andrew McCutchen, CF
  4. Garrett Jones, RF
  5. Casey McGehee, 1B
  6. Pedro Alvarez, 3B
  7. Michael McKenry, C
  8. Jordy Mercer, SS
  9. Jeff Karstens, RHP

UPDATE 1:35 p.m.: First pitch, from Karstens to Reyes, 82 degree, place nearly packed …

2:18 p.m.: Couple of items from Neal Huntington today …

On making trades: “It continues to be an interesting dynamic. We continue to hit well, with the best offense in the majors the past couple months. We continue to pitch well. We don’t need to go out and get a bat. We don’t need to go out and get an arm. We’re going to continue to look at what makes sense for us from a cost standpoint. It’s part of the discussions we’re having now with Clint and our whole staff.”

On Starling Marte: “Well, Starling’s hit a bit of a rough patch, and that could be great for him, actually. We’ve talked a lot about dealing with adversity. He was on a great roll before, and he’s continuing to hit the ball hard. He hasn’t gotten the results. He’s chasing a little bit. It’ll be interesting to see how he responds to it. Two months doesn’t mean a player’s locked in and has the minor leagues figured out.

Comments

Ah. The All American Pastime

2. RobertoForever says:

Jordy Mercer gets rewarded with the Sunday afternoon lineup.

We need a sparkplug. How could anyone keep Harrison on the bench at a time like this!

#FreeJHayDaMan

There was an article in the Beaver County Times saying Tabata is dogging it big time in AAA. It was written by Perotto.

Not good news, maybe its time to move him?

Death penalty is being discussed on ESPN regarding PSU

Now they are saying “not expected to get death penalty”

Enough, time for a ballgame, I smell 1st place before the day is over

5. JRay3 says:

@ BIz – I saw something similar with regards to Tabata, the piece quoted one NL Scout saying he looks even more disinterested and his jogging down in Indy. Too bad as I still hold out hope for him but apparently the light bulb has not gone on for him.

Only changes to the Sunday lineup are inserting the Fort and Mercer, this actually maybe a better hitting lineup with how those two have performed of late.

6. cherokee23 says:

About Tabata……..saw the quote last night about Clemente’s feeling of pride whenever he put on the uniform……it made me remember something about Tabata wanting to wear the #21, even for just a day, and the Clemente family wanted no part of that….kinda disgraceful the effort he is giving on the field!

7. likeabugonarug says:

I would like to see the Fort hitting 8th. Don’t have any facts to back it up, but it seems he comes up with more key hits out of the 8 hole than hitting 7th.

My thoughts going into this series and the next 3 was we needed to take at least 10 out of the 13 games before the series at Cincy. Taking 3 from the Marlins would be a great start.

Tabby had two throwing errors in one inning a couple of days ago.

9. dcpfjr says:

I like this lineup. Alex seems like he’s figured out what a lead-off hitter is supposed to do. The question is, “how does Jordy’s D compare to Clint’s?”

10. DemonDachshund says:

Really catching a break with the Fish missing Hanley Ramirez all weekend. Without him and Stanton, this is definitely a sweepable team.

11. JMB says:

CQuentin is off the trade board: probably raised the prices on the other OFers.

Sometimes the best trade made is the one that isn’t

13. JMB says:

Victorino —

Upton –

I also read yesterday that the Twins want a “huge haul” for Span.

Looks like we’ll be standing pat, unless these prospect prices come down.

‘Sometimes the best trade made is the one that isn’t’

Biz, if NH doesn’t make a major trade at the deadline, that comment will come back and be used against you.
    :-)

[ I used the smiley face because I didn't want you to think I was being snooty. Or un-American. I do know you live across the border in Beaver County :-) ] there I go again………..

15. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Broom time my fair weathered brethren. Let’s open the window!!

Today’s OVER / UNDER (always for fun of course)

Total Hits + Walks by Jordy Mercer
    Line is 1.5

*** MAXIMUM IS 100 (FAKE) UNITS ON ANY SINGLE LINE ***

61 Current Fair Weather Participants!!
    If you haven’t played yet, what are you waiting for??!!??
    Anyone can play!! Everyone should TRY!!
    What’ll ya have!! What’ll ya have!!

CURRENT PARTICIPANT TOTALS

Third Place at the end of the season will win:
    (1) 2012 Topps Roberto Clemente Card

16. Milo66 says:

100 on the OVER

Go Bucs!

17. JMB says:

I figure NH learned from the Bay trade. Based on the info, every team low balled him, so he should low-ball everybody else for their players. No one wanted to pay pre-injury Bay prices, so why should we pay last year’s prices for Upton or Victorino.

Karma’s an evil rapscallion.

18. dcpfjr says:

100 on the over, sil vous plait.

19. bobhasis says:

dcpfjr@9

Barmes has played very commendable defense recently – so I wouldn’t criticize him. But if you are looking to draw a comparison, just watch the gun. Over time I believe he can evolve.

One other comparison, watch the way he drives through the ball at the plate. Not a defensive kind of a swing just to make contact, but a swing with a purpose to drive the ball.

In summation I have been pleased about Barmes progress and performance (not his .206 avg), and he rarely has hurt recently if at all. I’m anxious to see Mercer under fire myself

20. OZ says:

100 on the under. Thx

Playoffs—I would like to place a fair weather 25 on the OVER, please.

Thank you.

22. crkkid says:

@ playoffs

Let me get 75 on the under please.

Thanks!

23. radio wave says:

At playoffs:
    60 on the under.
    Thanks

24. swissvaletoarizonapat says:

50 on the over

please and thank you

25. Mlrgenuine says:

@Playoffs -

Gotta go 50 on the UNDER please.

Let’s Go Bucs!

26. Kevin S says:

100 under.. So he’ll go 3-4 with a walk..

27. Mike C. says:

@playoffs

I’ll take 50 on the UNDER. thanx

28. JRay3 says:

@ Playoffs – good afternoon, on Sunday Sweep day!

Wanted to get this in before I take the little one biking.

I will take 100 on the UNDER.

Thanks so much, and to all at the game today have a great time and bring us home our first five game winning streak!

Let’s Go Bucs.

29. cosmo says:

@ PLAYOFFS

he’s on a roll 2 hits in a row.

let’s go 50 on the over today

thanks as always

30. SlackBoss says:

@playoffs – hopefully he stays hot and I’ll go 75 on the over.

Let’s go Bucs!

31. pattonbb says:

Playoffs – 100 on the UNDER.

32. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I had a feeling when Jordy Mercer hit that triple last night, after smacking a double the night before, that he would be given the start today. Good move on Hurdle’s part there.
    Jordy is keyed in right now and Barmes can use a day off. I expect a couple hits from him today, maybe even a big one. Got a good feeling about Pedro Alvarez today too, would love to see another majestic bomb to electrify the cowd.

33. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Crowd. ‘Electrify the cow’ would work too, I guess.

34. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Milo66, dcpfjr, OZ, Arriba, crkkid, radio, swiss, Mlr, Kevin S, Mike C, JRay, cosmo, Slack and pattonbb…….YOU GOT IT AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Side Note,
    The Window is going to see The English Beat show in Baltimore this evening. If you all haven’t seen them in person, you don’t know what you’re missing. Nothing like some late 70′s – early 80′s ska to end the week.

Head’s UP…..
    As will be the custom for the next few weeks, The Window will post the line for tomorrow’s game in THIS game thread at 8AM tomorrow. Just need a kind fair-weathered soul to re-post it in the Monday game thread for me. Thanks as always!!

Playoffs, much as I hate to do this and I hope I lose

50 on the UNDAH, thanks

36. The Gunner says:

@ Bizrow -3
    @ JRay3 – 5
    @ cherokee23 – 6

Joggin Joe Tabata, rhe crown jewel of the Xavier Nady trade. Isn’t that what they said back in the day?? What a joke!!

Everyone on this board knows how much I HATE this lazy and lowest integrity scumbag. This dumbbell will never play in the majors with the Buccos again…write it down!! And, then, he has the audacity to ask the Clemente family about wearing #21 for just a day. Thank God the Clementes made the right decision. End of this subject, it really upsets me.

Now, let’s get out the brooms and hope the Redlegs (as Greg Brown calls them) finally lose one!! Hey Pedro, it’s a day game today; maybe 2 dingers a possibility?

37. RobertoForever says:

@Playoffs

Did some minor league stat digging on this one.

Jordy is no Daydro. In the minors in day games his OBP is 87 pts lower than night games. And, in his 3 previous starts this year, he has not gone over. He’s in the 8th spot for a reason. However, in the minors he did have much better splits against RHP than Lefties, contrary to conventional wisdom.

So I think the Bucs will sweep, but it will be because of a good Karstens outing, and contributions from Jonesy and Daydro. So I will go 100 on the UNDER. Thanks and enjoy your tunes!

Beat em Bucs!

38. Cmat0829 says:

Let’s do 100 on the over I think he will get one intentional pass to get to the pitcher and will get one hit.

39. likeabugonarug says:

@Playoffs – please set me up for 100 on the under.

Broom time, boys!!

40. Curt says:

Put me down for 100 on the under.

Never heard the explanation, but what’s with his #69 jersey?
    Someone explain the reasoning behind it. Thanks!

Let’s Go Bucs! Let’s go the now clean shaven Karstens!

41. Chico says:

@playoffs

75 on the under please!

42. DemonDachshund says:

@Playoffs -

100 on the UNDER please.

Thanks as always.

43. jaxbuc says:

100 on the OVER, please

44. likeabugonarug says:

If you get a chance, you need to go to the Pirates web site and check out the picture of Karstens they used. Jeez! Poor guy!

45. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Bizrow, Roberto, cmat, likeabug, Curt, Chico, Demon and jaxbuc…..YOU GOT IT AND GOOD LUCK!!

Window will remain open until Jordy Mercer’s first at-bat.

46. jeffsbar says:

@Playoffs-

100 on the OVER

Thank you!!

47. Playoffs by 2012 says:

@likebug

Wow, did they really have to put up a picture of him that makes him look like a Goonie??

48. Playoffs by 2012 says:

jeffsbar, you got it and good luck!!

49. manny _sanguine says:

@playoffs

I’ll take 100 on the UNDER if it’s not too late.

Thanks

50. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Manny,

The Window will remain open until Mercer’s first at-bat, so…..YOU GOT IT AND GOOD LUCK!!

51. Boise Bucco says:

C’mon Karsty, you’re sure makin’ an event of this first inning…let’s get it done here.

52. JD says:

Playoffs – 50 on the over please.

Go Bucs!

53. Milo66 says:

Nice lead off knock Alex. Need much more of that.

54. Boise Bucco says:

Wow, this is old news by now, but did anyone see the Cubs/Cardinals score from yesterday? 0-0 going into the 7th, then the Cards put up a 12 spot in the 7th…they won 12-0.

Let’s hope the Bucs don’t trade for anyone off the Cubs’ pitching staff named Corpas or Russell…

55. Playoffs by 2012 says:

JD,

You got it and good luck!!!

56. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Window is officially closed. Good Luck and Thanks to all who played today.

57. DemonDachshund says:

Brew Crew is up 1-0 going to B3.

Would be nice if the Reds would finally lose one.

58. RobertoForever says:

DK,

Interesting update on the quotes from NH.

Sounds like he is preparing folks for a trade deadline like last year. Boras appears to be right on this front. The trade market will be suppressed, due to the changes in compensation for free agents, as well as other recent CBA changes.

Oh, and it sounds like Marte will not be up until September, barring an injury.

59. DemonDachshund says:

I know I’ve got the OVER, but it’s good to see Mercer swinging the bat well. Maybe Clint’s finally gaining some trust in the kid to at least get an occasional appearance.

60. DemonDachshund says:

Er, that should be “I know I’ve got the UNDER”.

It seems I DON’T know what I’ve got.

61. likeabugonarug says:

@DD

Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you got til it’s gone?

62. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Carlos Quentin Signs 3-Year Extension with Padres

Scratch one name off the list…….

63. DemonDachshund says:

As much as I would love to see the team pick up another bat and another starter, look around the league. NOTHING is happening, with the exception of the Astros dumping a few players. I think a lot of teams are still figuring out whether to buy or sell, and regardless, the market isn’t really set for the new rules.

I’m hopeful the Cubs move Dempster soon for a reasonable return, and that kicks off some moves that the Bucs can be a part of.

As it stands, it feels like NH is doing the right thing in standing pat and waiting for the first domino to fall. And his public statement that the team doesn’t need to do anything is exactly what he should be saying right now. Don’t pull a Littlefield and tell everyone you HAVE to do SOMETHING.

64. bobhasis says:

Anibal Sanchez is pitching very well. If the Pirates aren’t serious, they could easily get beaten.

I’m just sayin’

65. JRay3 says:

Another solid performance being turned in by Jeff Karstens today who has firmly grabbed hold of the #3 spot and each outing is giving us a chance to win. He battled in the first and than has nicely settled in.

66. DemonDachshund says:

Cincy put up 2 in B3 and are up 2-1 going to B5.

67. RobertoForever says:

Karstens with 7 straight retired. only at 77 pitches thru 6 IP.

Need to scratch out another run or two this inning

68. Playoffs by 2012 says:

This game is starting to smell a lot like last Sunday’s game. Would love to see them put up a few more runs today.

@TC – re#14

If it ain’t there, I hope NH doesn’t do it.

CQuentin wouldn’t have been worth what they would have had to spend.

Big play here with Presley and the “catch”, they reversed the call, where does the runner go?

70. Playoffs by 2012 says:

HUGE!!!

Love the Twin Killing!!

Boy did we dodge one there

72. JRay3 says:

DP! Way to pitch Jeff Karstens! Gets out of another jam, now get him some runs.

And thanks Ryan Braun leaves runner on second and Reds still lead 2-1 B7. Figures the one time I would ever root for the Brewers and they would get swept.

73. JRay3 says:

Casey rips a lead off double, getting him in would be huge!

74. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Saw it coming a mile away!

75. JRay3 says:

Good bye – two run bomb El Toro does it again!!!

76. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Bob Walk is clairvoyant!!!

77. DemonDachshund says:

#DAYDRO!

78. Milo66 says:

SWEET!! El Toro!

79. JRay3 says:

Boy was Sanchez mad about the lumber Pedro put to that ball. Cutch 22 HR’s, Pedro 21 HR’s nice to have two big boppers in lineup.

One other point, Alvarez just seems very comfortable in the 6 spot huh?

80. Milo66 says:

Cmon Jordy. Need that OVER

81. The Gunner says:

So where are all those individuals that wanted to send Pedro back to Indy???

El Toro hits ‘em like Willie the Starg!!!!!!

82. JRay3 says:

Kameron Loe gets out of runner on 3rd one out situation and Brewers head to 8th still down one. Come on Milwaukee.

83. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I think pitchers fear Pedro more than Cutch, or eventually will, because Pedro can muscle out anything they throw him. He reminds me so much of Willie Stargell in that aspect.

84. JRay3 says:

Cutch, Alvarez, Walker those are some nice pieces to build around.

@ The Gunner – as one that did not get to see Stargell other than highlights (too little) it does appear they both could make it look effortless and can just crush the ball when they run into it.

85. cosmo says:

The Gunner

I admit that I was all for sending Pedro down earlier in the year, and I admitted on this blog that I was wrong.

86. DemonDachshund says:

@Gunner -

I’m right here, and very happy to have been wrong.

87. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I was one who wanted Pedro sent back, but as soon as he had hit those six homeruns real early on, I changed my mind.
    I said then that I don’t care what his batting average is, if he hits homeruns at the pace he was hitting them (and has continued that pace), his batting average will never matter.
    If he hits .220 with 30+ homers, so be it. The Pirates desperately need a home run hitter like Alvarez. His average will rise eventually, if even by accident.

88. cosmo says:

Pig Legs

The power is very similar to Willie’s. How many more HR’S would Willie have hit if he played his entire career at PNC Park?

89. JRay3 says:

And Jared Hughes continues to do his thing…a nice 1-2-3 shut down 8th…just 3 outs away from our longest winning streak of the season.

90. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Batting average is such an over-rated stat. .200 to .300 is merely the difference between 2 hits every 10 at bats vs 3 hits every 10 at bats.
    Home runs and Runs batted In, on the other hand, are much more important in the long-term scheme of things. Pedro has excelled in both of those categories and it’s a big reason why the team is so good now.

91. The Gunner says:

@ DemonDachshund – 87
    @ cosmo – 86
    @ JRay3 – 85
    @ Pig Legs Robinson – 84

Guys………another guy who hit the ball like Pedro & On the Hill Will was Willie McCovey (or as Steve Blass calls him, Mr. McCovey.) If Pedro evolves into anywhere near the player McCovey & Stargell were, “batten down the hatches!!!”

92. Pig Legs Robinson says:

cosmo – They used to say Stargell would have easily hit 50 a year if he didn’t have to play in Forbes Field, which was huge. As soon as he switched to Three Rivers Stadium he hit 48 in his first full season there.

93. Bill Born says:

Donnie Veal is on to pitch in the 8th for the White Sox.
    Good for him…

94. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I was a huge McCovey fan. He was just like Stargell. Even Bob Gibson used to be more afraid of McCovey (if that was possible for the fearless Gibson) than of his teamates Willie Mays & Orlando Cepeda.

Someone, I think Greg Brown, was saying before the game that through their first 200+ games, Pedro has more homers than willie Stargell right now.

95. DemonDachshund says:

Tuned into the Tigers game for my wife… Saw Donnie Veal pitching relief for the White Sox. Got the Tigers 1-2-3 in the 8th.

Glad to see him back in the majors. Always liked him, even if he did struggle as a Rule 5 guy and then with injuries.

96. cosmo says:

I can remember Forbes field as a kid, and how huge it was. Look out to centerfield and could barely read the distance sign 462ft I believe. Then seeing the batting cage
    out there on the field and in play. And don’t forget the tall scoreboard in left with the Longines clock on top.

97. Pig Legs Robinson says:

“Mr. McCovey” reminds me of the story my dad used to always tell about when he and my older brother Bill were at a game in Forbes Field the ’60s and Willie Stargell was nearby but trying to get to the clubhouse, and all the kids were screaming “Willie!”, but my brother said “Mr Stargell, can I have your autograph?” and Stargell obliged, signing only my brothers glove before hurrying off.

98. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I’m liking Mercer more and more. I can tell Hurdle likes him too.

99. cosmo says:

Wow how often do you see a 5-6-3 putout on a groundball. Thankfully Carlos Lee was the runner.

100. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Sweep!

101. cosmo says:

Raise it. 5 in a row. 14 over .500. ZZZZZZ

102. JRay3 says:

Behind seven strong innings from Jeff Karstens and a 2 run blast from Pedro Alvarez, the Bucs earn their fourth sweep of the year as dust away the Marlins 3-0 and there was noooooooooooo doubt about it.

The Pirates winners of a season best five straight are now 14 above .500 and in sole possession of the top WC spot and 0.5 back of the Reds. The Bucs will look to make it 4-0 on this six game home stand tomorrow night when the Cubs come into town for a three game set. Erik Bedard is the scheduled starter.

Let’s Go Bucs!

103. jaxbuc says:

Ballgame!

104. Playoffs by 2012 says:

So there it is, a 5 game winning streak. All us fair weather fans LOVE IT!! Jordy Mercer just misses covering the line and the UNDER wins that one. The Bucs hit 3 dingers this weekend and the UNDER wins that as well. But the Bucs easily cover the OVER on wins. Big thanks to all who played this weekend. See you tomorrow.

Line will be up on THIS thread at 8 AM. Just need someone to re-post it on the Monday game thread. Thanks again!!

CURRENT PARTICIPANT TOTALS
    Boise Bucco ** -400
    Kevin S ** -400
    TDB1977 ** -1040

105. Boise Bucco says:

SWEEEEEEEP RAISE IT!!!

106. RalphM says:

The Zoltan “Z” + the broom = ZWEEP!

107. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Karstens is sneaky good. Never flashy or loud, but keeps the other hitters off-balance and quietly shuts down their offense. As long as he has good defenders behind him, he will always be a successful stopper.

Ah. The Zoltan Macarena.

This is a simple game.

109. likeabugonarug says:

Final from Cincy – 2-1.

110. Pig Legs Robinson says:

Glad Mr. Majestic Pedro Alvarez gave the large crowd a nice ‘visual bite’ to remember before leaving. A whole new generation of kids will be talking about the majestic blasts of Pedro and imitating him in wiffle ball games, just like me and my friends did with Willie Stargell. Someone ought to teach Pedro the Willie Stargell pump swing. I have it down perfectly. (along with Dave Parker’s high bat twirl).

Also, it’s high time to bring that old sledgehammer back into the on-deck circle, like in the original Lumber Company days.

111. Pig Legs Robinson says:

I actually doubt that kids are still playing wiffle ball. It’s a miracle to get them away from the video game screen these days for ten minutes, let alone a 2-3 hour wiffle ball game outside.

112. RobertoForever says:

These day/night splits for Alvarez are very striking – batting .301 with 14 HR’s in 29 day games, while batting .192 and 7 HR’s in 52 night games. That is just mind-boggling.

113. RobertoForever says:

The Pirates could lose as many games as they have so far (40) and STILL break the streak. It is real people. 27-40 still breaks the streak. Doubt no more.

114. JMB says:

I hope that I don’t call down the thunder (not TC), but I bought my tix for 8.21 & 8.22.

Stay classy SD!

JRay – I hope to see you there.

115. JMB says:

Rob Biertempfel

GM Huntington says, go for it. “If we end up in wild-card spot, we’re going to give everything we have for that 1 game. I don’t know what other organizations’ mindsets are. Winning wild card would probably mean more to us than anybody in baseball, and we’ve got to be cognizant of that.”

116. JRay3 says:

@ JMB – I have my seats for all 3 games on 8.21 I am sitting in sec. 108 and on 8.22 I am sitting in sec. 116 row 1. I will be there with my wife, but would welcome the opportunity to meet.

Let’s hope we can win the Central and not have to worry about a one game play-in. But I will tell you the WC position has me scoreboard watching the Braves, Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants etc.

117. JMB says:

Nice!

I’ll be in 106 | Row 22 both days.

118. Ryan (Nor-Cal Stlrfanrc) says:

@JMB & JRay

Those games are in SD?

119. Ryan (Nor-Cal Stlrfanrc) says:

Hmmm…road trip?

120. Pig Legs Robinson says:

By the way, Jeff Karstens is the real centerpiece of the Xavier Nady trade with the Yankees. History has proven so. No matter what else happens, the Pirates got themselves a damn good pitcher in Jeff Karstens.

121. JMB says:

@Ryan

Yeah, @SD.

I wonder if Daryle will be coming down.

DARYLE?!

122. JRay3 says:

@ Ryan – yeah I am flying in Mon morning and flying back to PHX Thur. Morning, time to get the band together. SD in August, meaningful Bucs baseball can’t get much better.

123. The Gunner says:

@ Pigs Legs – #121

At the time of that trade, Karstens was definitely not the centerpiece of that deal; Tabata was (and we all know how I feel about lazy Jose.) Since his arrival in Pgh., Jeff has worked his tail off and handled adversity like a real pro; he has become a damn good pitcher.

Speaking of handling adversity well, kudos also to Pedro Alvarez in this area. El Toro handled his challenges like a pro also and is looking like a budding superstar.

124. likeabugonarug says:

Gunner’s comments about Pedro #124

I believe your comment also explains why they are being overly cautious with Marte. They know they have something in the kid, but want to be sure he’s ready to produce and not go through what Pedro has. Especially since Marte will probably feel some pressure coming to a team that is battling for first place in the division and that his arrival will send a current starter to the bench. Which leads us to the next thought.

One of the main names that keeps coming up is Upton for the OF. Not having watched Upton at all, how will he do defensively in left field? That’s where he’d have to go because you can’t bench Jones right now, and there’s no way Jones can play left. Will Upton be able to cover the ground? Or will he be a liability that could cost us as many runs as he produces?

Nice sweep today. Let’s keep it going against the Cubbies.

125. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Need a fellow fair weathered soul to re-post this in the Monday game thread. Thank you in advance.

Let’s open the window!!

Tonight’s MONDAY MULTI-LINE OVER / UNDER (always for fun of course)

Please specify whic line you are (fake) wagering on.

Line #1
    Total Pirates Runs Tonight
    Line is 4.5

Line #2
    Total Neil Walker Hits + Walks
    Line is 1.5

*** MAXIMUM IS 100 (FAKE) UNITS ON ANY SINGLE LINE ***

61 Current Fair Weather Participants!!
    If you haven’t played yet, what are you waiting for??!!??
    Anyone can play!! Everyone should TRY!!
    What’ll ya have!! What’ll ya have!!

CURRENT PARTICIPANT TOTALS