Radio podcast: Suzie, second line, Steelers sunk, more

By Dejan Kovacevic | Trib Total Media columnist

Here’s today’s TribLIVE Radio show podcast, featuring my guests, Duquesne women’s coach Suzie McConnell-Serio and Winnipeg Free Press columnist Gary Lawless.

And here’s video of the monologue on the Penguins’ second line …

Comments

1. Ghost says:

Thanks to Vince, I now know how to download the MP3 of your show and am going to do so. But it looks like there is no link to it, above.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Ghost says:

Meanwhile, am going to re-post my comment from last thread as I feel strongly about this:

Just read that the Olympics are dropping wrestling (both freestyle and Roman Greco) as events. This, to make way for golf and rugby. It boggles the mind. First Jacques Roguefort Cheese or whatever his name is drops softball, breaking the hearts of girls all across America and Asia. But now the Olympics will no longer have one of the world’s oldest and most widely practiced sport‽‽‽ Even women wrestlers competed in the Olympics. I’m thinking it’s been a while since we’ve had a good Olympic boycott …

DK: Wrestling will be my column topic for Wednesday.

3. Ghost says:

GOOD. I know it’s hard to get these decisions revisited or reversed, but come on, IOC.

4. Patrick says:

@JAL…if you still check….maybe check tonight? Its Bucco related. Always generates a response.

5. LuckyNKentucky says:

Nice column, Patrick. Does “It Will End” translate to “Absolute Lock” or is that term reserved for certain other columnists we know and love?

6. tim says:

How can they drop wrestling? WPIAL has such a strong wrestling history. Last Olympics there were TWO on the team from wpial. Just unreal an awful.

7. MadTurk says:

DK, Getting a little better by not watching the fly buzz around, still need work on it though. What is high and to your right? a clock or something? That is where you look the most often. Whatever, move it down and closer to center stage. It may help.
    Just kidding keep up the good openings to the show.

2nd this….great column. IT.WILL.END.

9. TJ says:

Can someone explain to me why every year there is at least one player that is late to camp due to visa problems?

I just don’t get it.

Pirates close with Brandon Inge on minor league contract & invitation to spring training.

Patrick

Got it

12. Ghost says:

Unreal and unfair. How can the Olympics so disrespect its own heritage and the heritage of wrestling which extends back through the ages all the way to antiquity?? And I didn’t realize the WPIAL had two former wrestlers on just the last Olympic team. Tremendous.

13. Sounds like he has been in great demand, signing 2 days before position players report.

At least he “used” to be a Major Leaguer.

Like 52 RBI in 311 at bats ?

15. pattonbb says:

Just can’t put a price on “veteran leadership”….or something like that.

Pirates on Fox 6 times this season

May 4–PNC–Nationals 3:30
    June 1 PNC Red 7 pm
    June 29 PNC Brewers 7pm
    July 13 PNC Mets 7pm
    July 20 at Reds 3:30
    August 17 PNC D-backs 3:30

17. 24/7 says 32 of 35 exhibition games will be broadcast on the Fan, KD-AM, or pirates.com.

There go all my afternoons in March!

By the way, 24/7′s 9 things column yesterday was GOOD! I recommend.

18. Milo,

Certainly you are not saying that Brandon Inge would be a better pinch-hitter and/or backup 3rd baseman than Josh Harrison!

19. JAL,

I’m sure Dejan will be furiously scribbling those dates down.

He loves it when the Pirates get national coverage! He lives for it.

Inge had a 1.6 WAR in 2012, only 6 Pirates were higher

If 100% healthy, yes I am.

Groat:

I’ll be away from the blog for awhile so wishing you safe travels to Fla. Have an orange swirl for me at Mixon,

Say “hey” to the Wal Mart greeter for me as well.

23. Promise to do both!!

Can’t mentally leave though until Duke plays Carolina tomorrow night.

where you goin OshKosh????

25. JD says:

The only thing DK loves more than national coverage of the Bucs is having readers suggest column ideas. Look out!

26. Good call, JD!

Made me laugh!

or less depending on how they calculate WAR–which why i am not a fan–no can agree on what it is.

That’s why I posted his RBI. No dispute there. :)

And don’t forget. Saturday morning. Wearing the dead fish.

30. You’re obviously overlooking Josh Harrison’s 16 RBIs in 250 ABs.

His RBIs all came in crucial situations!

No way Neal signs him. Makes too much sense.

Especially when Barrabbas and Overbay are still out there to be had.

32. I’m not going to “look” for a dead fish . . . . I’m going to find someone that smells like a dead mackerel and go up and introduce myself!!

Either that, or someone holding a dog with a diaper!

Just that 4 letter word that starts with ‘W’” Will be in areas where internet can not always be counted on…..like when JAL visits his family in Morgantown!

34. Daquido_Bazzini says:

Those Fox games are all regional.
    They do nothing for Pirate fans that live outside of the Pittsburgh vicinity.

35. Frankie says:

That means I can see 6 games with going to a game. I live in Warren Ohio which is an hour and a half from PNC Park. Time Warner will not pick up Root Sports and MLB has determined that all Pirates games are blacked out on the MLB Extra Innnings. I attend about 6 games a year to see Pirate baseball.