Chat transcript: Tabata’s big muscles, big talk

By Dejan Kovacevic | Trib Total Media columnist

SARASOTA, Fla.The chat transcript gets into Jose Tabata’s physique and determintion, the Penguins’ lack of discipline, the Steelers’ lack of leadership, Pitt’s lack of a go-to scorer, and other happiness. Thanks to all who participated!

Comments

1. Dom says:

It was worth the wait!

I’m officially concerned that Martin has either a labrum or a rotator cuff tear.

Wouldn’t that be pretty easy to diagnose?

With an MRI? I would think so. Why hasn’t he had one yet? Maybe because they wanted to see what would happen after a few days. If I have this right, they don’t want to go around giving MRI’s unless they think it’s necessary.

I obviously don’t have any more knowledge than the next guy on the bus, but I think they’d be pretty darn quick to check up on their $17m investment.

You would think. Maybe the trainers are all over it, know exactly where his problem is, and it isn’t the location of the labrum or rotator cuff.

7. Dom says:

I think it’s safe to say that was a good signing.

I wonder how much of this “injury” is just a matter of a veteran in spring training?

Got an e-mail today

Season Tickets have been shipped.

Crap, today is March 1, one month till Opening Day

Was Jose doing his offseason training in Miami by any chance?

Just caught up on the chat.

“They need a couple of total $#%^%$ types.”
    - They need MORE $#%^%$ types??? Haven’t you read my posts?

“Promised myself I wouldn’t spend this whole trip bashing Florida”
    - Why not? Go for it. Gotta be right on target. I mean, it must be why no one comes here anymore.

“This is the Internet at some of its worst.”
    - Again, haven’t you read my posts?

“Holiday In Cambodia”
    - I prefer Turtle “Crick”

“Get back to being a lot more annoying”
    - Again, haven’t you read my posts?

I predict that by July, we’ll complain that Tabata is too muscular for baseball.

I’ll leave you with a final thought.

“If hope can spring eternal here, then truly hope is never fully extinguished.”