Final: Braves 18, Pirates 9, exhibition

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (10-13) vs. Atlanta Braves, exhibition

Starters: RHP Kyle McPherson vs. LHP Mike Minor

Time: 1:05 p.m.

Site: Champion Stadium, Kissimmee, Fla.

Radio: MLB.com

Here is the official live box score.

Here is the TribLIVE’s Pirates page. Rob Biertempfel is wearing mouse ears.

Comments

Did Tabata really get caught stealing by the same battery that let Mckenry swipe 2nd?

2. Naterosboro says:

Maybe he got a bad jump…

3. JHadar says:

Without seeing the game all I can offer is that sometimes throws go off target.

Kyle McPherson’s outing was really discouraging today. How about just once when one of these “prospects” has a chance to make a statement we see positive results ? After his last outing, he could have cemented his spot with a good outing today. Instead, after 9 runs in 4.2 innings, we turn our attention back to Jonathan Sanchez tomorrow night. Thank goodness the system’s been flooded, huh.

Seconded

5+ years into the BMTIB

6. MadTurk says:

They need to run not jump it slows you down. :-)

7. MadTurk says:

Batteries and jumping we talking about Green cars and basketball?

8. MadTurk says:

Wow bad humor, forgive me I just finished reading the 365 post or so from the morning thread

9. officer mancuso says:

McPherson’s outing looks like a perfect game next to Mazzaro’s line.

C’mon, Neal had no chance. :-P

You can keep your spring training outing. I’ll take those 10 games last season. When they actually counted.

12. Makes sending him to Indy a little easier.

13. Guys, I owe you an apology for forgetting this game thread today. I actually had it ready to go last night. Just forgot to pull the trigger. And it was very busy today with the basketball out here.

Especially because of all the dedicated baseball fans here, I promise to be more careful in the future. I just blew it.

You do have actual work to do. Just speaking for myself, I think we were OK.

Now that I’ve finally gone to a Starbucks, we’re going to have to hook up before a game this year. We park right there at 6th & Penn.

DK: I’ll be there!

And no, it’s not OK. I’m not being dramatic here. I take pride in this blog being there all the time for all Pittsburgh sports, and missing out on a Pirates exhibition doesn’t come with an excuse.

It was no big whoop.

Wonder why the Steelers were the lone vote against getting rid of the “tuck rule”? Vote was 29-1.

DK: They’re the new Raiders.

No, really, check Alan Robinson’s news report. Full explanation.

17. No problem. We just ran up over 400 on the other thread. What’s a few extra posts among friends?

18. Brad, Indiana PA says:

What about IUP threads?

19. MadTurk says:

I am just happy the Tuck rule is gone. Now if they can re-do when a fumble is a fumble and when a completion is a completion rules I would be happy.

I agree with Lucky.

No finger-wagging at you DK.

:-)

Yeah, I saw Alan’s report. I just thought the “don’t fix what’s not broken” explanation was weak sauce. Not saying there is more to their vote but the rule did have implications for the Steelers back in 01.

I appreciate the apology and the commitment, Dejan.

I wasn’t following the game. Did the Braves miss a two point conversion?

Just saw an ad for “42” the biopic about Jackie Robinson. Looks promising. Now get to work on “21” Hollywood.

Finally saw “Lincoln” tonight.

Wow.