Final: Pirates 6, Rays 4, exhibition

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (10-14-1) vs. Tampa Bay Rays, exhibition

Starters: RHP Jeanmar Gomez vs. RHP Alex Gomez

Time: 1:05 p.m.

Site: McKechnie Field, Bradenton, Fla.

Radio: MLB.com

Here is the official live box score.

Here is TribLIVE’s Pirates page. Rob Biertempfel is on the boardwalk.

Comments

1. Ghost says:

Yesterday NMR forecast “a true pitchers duel.” Dry humor at the time. Then it came true. Now we gotta see what you do for an encore, NMR. Predict the cycle for Hawpe?

2. JoeyBats says:

One of many funny lines from DK’s chat yesterday ==>
    Comment From Sammy: Will Jeanmar Gomez pitch for the PBC this year?

Dejan Kovacevic: If that question ever becomes pertinent …
    ….agree, and…so why do we keep giving this dude more & more innings? I don’t get it. I realize that this spring training is EXTRA long…but it seems like we could be evaluating some more meaningful candidates for the staff :-(

3. John Lease says:

Jeanmar Gomez, with his 9.00 ERA, needs a closer look?

For what, the correct door out?

I’ve updated this a bit from the last time I used it…

Jeanmar we’ve got your number
    ERA over nine
    Jeanmar don’t call us, we’ll call you
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309
    867-5309

Four hits from the shortstop. Whomever that may be. :)

I think we have to assume the “closer look” thing is basically saying “somebody needs to pitch”.

AJ hasn’t been throwing in Grapefruit League games, Wandy is just getting back from WBC, Karstens is building up innings, Liriano not throwing in games yet.

Locke, McP, and possssibly now Sanchez are the realistic options for the 5th spot. Anybody else is just filler.

Jeeeeaaaaaanmar
    You don’t have to wear that hat over your ears tonight
    Play for Nutting’s money
    You don’t care if it’s a ball or a strike.

Jeeaanmarrr
    (Put on that hat right)
    Jeeaanmarrr
    (Put on that hat right)
    Jeeaanmarrr
    (Put on that hat right)

8. If Pirates get 4 hits from shortstops today, I’ll buy your ticket to the 2nd game of the season!!!!

I’m not even checking to see if I have money in my pocket!! No need!!

9. National Mart of Records,

You’ve been taking way too much cold medicine again, haven’t you?!

(Actually, I’ll probably have “Roxanne” running around in my mind all day)

I think that song also works with Dixon. Not only is the name pretty close but that whole don’t-sell-your-love-to-another theme works pretty well without much rewriting.

Worlds may collide today

It’s Friday, brother. I’m ready to put a lid on this week!

13. Brad, Indiana PA says:

So what exactly is the status for Liriano right now? Does he have an estimated return date or anything of the like?

My normal side is thinking he’s Bedard -2.0. My attempt to ignore Pirate recent (if you can count 20 years as recent) history side says he may be a pleasant surprise. Hard to imagine one way or the other when he’s not throwing.

I need to start prefacing my Pirate comments with a disclaimer…this is what SEEMS to make sense, in my opinion. I have better luck playing the lotto than guessing what these guys are actually thinking.

Heard they made some cuts this am Brian Morris was one of them, don’t remember the others.

Is anyone thinking that Sanchez will be coming north?

DeJesus and Goedert are the other two cuts

17. 9 days until Opening Day.

Starting Jeanmar Gomez, with 9.00 ERA (Spring Training only——but last year for Cleveland almost 6.00) makes about as much sense as keeping Pedro Alvarez, with his 25 sure errors and limited range at 3rd base.

Wait: we already decided to keep Alvarez at 3rd????

Well, never mind. Start Jeanmar or whomever you want. Apparently good pitching and good defense are not goals for the 2013 Pirates.

Ol’ Jeanmar, however, does have good downward plane.

* sniff sniff *

I’m picking up thunder in the air

Speak of the devil…what exactly are they waiting for Morris to do?

Gotta mean that 2 of the 3 5th starter candidates make the team with one in the pen, right?

Isn’t Morris out of options?

He was just granted a fourth this week.

Thanks, hadn’t seen that.

23. As soon as Morris was granted that extra Minor League option this week, Neal Huntington’s eyes lit up.

There was no way Morris was coming North.

Watch: Huntington will say something about Morris going down “to work on some things.”

The guy’s words and, unfortunately, actions are so predictable. That’s because he knows what “the reality is” more than others.

24. You must have read 24/7′s piece today. More Neal quotes on tall pitchers.

26. I’ll go check it out.

24/7 seems to be producing more good baseball stuff this year. Anybody else notice that?

Musta found a good, close parking space! More time to write!

27. Brad, Indiana PA says:

“He’s obviously a very accomplished defensive player. Veteran presence. Quality guy on and off the field that provides us with some depth and stability,” Huntington said. “At a spot where we all of a sudden didn’t have a lot of depth and stability… He provides us some organizational depth at a position where there’s not a lot of industry depth.”

I don’t really care about this move one way or the other, but oh my. Chase d’Arnaud was our keystone to depth at SS? All of a sudden? Wow. But then again, there just aren’t many decent 2-way shortstops in baseball. Anywhere. In the world.

I’m waiting for Neal’s next book, “50 Dynamics of Depth”.

Completely agreed. Going back to the Winter Meetings I thought Rob really stepped up his game.

Trib’s baseball coverage seems superior to me, and I read the other paper.

This logic would lead one to believe that Jonathan Sanchez has made the team, right?

Who else is out of options or has an opt out clause?

30. Ha! You’re right, though. His stuff has been better lately.

31. Inge for sure and maybe Hawpe?

You’re right, but I was thinking pitchers since most figured Morris would have a spot in the pen.

Now THAT sounds kinky!

I hope Jeanmar throws a no hitter and Pedro hits 2 home runs today

Sometimes it is more fun when we want to fire the hockey or college hoops coach. It might even be more fun to debate again the merits of picking up a backup infielder.

There are only a few more ST games left. McPherson started the game before last and Sanchez started last night. That only leaves a few candidates to start AND try have to start to think about lining up the rotation for the start of the season.

35. Two second year players (writers) over at the other paper, who, like Jose Tabata and Travis Snider, were given starting positions before they had proven themselves.

P-G is hoping one shows as much promise as Starling Marte.

Seriously, really surprised that P-G didn’t hire a veteran baseball writer when Dejan took the boat across the river!!

Maybe Neal Huntington is also their General Manager.

36. Jeanmar threw better last time, but Sanchez has the resume. I’d say he’s pitching his way into the rotation, which is almost unbelievable based on his earlier performance.

Baltimore was a playoff team and they killed us in interleague last season and Sanchez held them to 2 hits.

Maybe you’ll see some runs scored today. Roberto sure didn’t last night.

It seems like the minute they realized Bryan Morris had another option they couldn’t send him out fast enough.

I think they have to decide on Sanchez this weekend, he has that get out of jail free clause, either gets added, or can become a FA, or if agreeable to go to the minors, gets a 100K check

Does anyone think they are considering McPherson for the bullpen ? I like him there.

40. gregenstein says:

Looking forward to an Eastern conference playoffs of USA vs Canada. If you swap Carolina and Winnipeg, you get an entire bracket composed of USA/Canada matchups. What’s not to love, eh?

While I agree with you, I think they’re more likely to put Sanchez there and give Locke his shot in the rotation while keeping McP in AAA.

After his last two starts, I feel like Sanchez thinks that somebody out there will give him a chance if the Pirates don’t.

8 IP in spring training haven’t even begun to change my opinion on him, but it would be soooooooo “Pirates” to let him go – as well they should – only to see him catch on with the Cubs or Astros or Indians and light it up.

42. gregenstein says:

Is Karstens playing? I heard he make his “Spring Debut” a week ago, but I see no statistics for him. As long as Jeff Locke is not one of your proposed starters, I could see moving McPherson to the bullpen.

I still can’t believe they let him go, period. Incredibly short sighted.

Pay the man, Shirley.

44. gregenstein says:

Why let Sanchez go? Has his “stuff” been good or bad? I’m asking because I don’t really trust ST numbers.

Exactly. I’m seeing 2 of Sanchez, Locke & McPherson in the rotation at the start of the season. I’m noy buying into Karstens until I actually see him against big league hitters. He’s not stretched out either, he could start in the pen.

Karstens will be ready by his turn in the rotation. Pitching in minor league games right now, like AJ. 5th starter still up for grabs.

47. gregenstein says:

No doubt. They’ll give some other guys chances to start the season. Morris I think is going to be on speed dial in Indy. He’ll get a chance sooner or later by someone getting hurt or traded, just probably not until May.

Sorry, hit send before I read your post. Sounds like I’m being a jerk. You could definitely be right about Karstens, and I think for just about any other pitcher that timeline makes perfect sense.

But I get the feeling that they’re purposely holding Jeff out. Doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy that needs time to tweek his secondary offerings and whatnot. The man just goes out and pitches.

Keith Law, talking about another pitcher, said the guy only has a limited amount of bullets. No sense wasting them outside of MLB competition.

I kind’ve think this is the Jeff Karstens strategy.

Some of these other guys have actually seen him this spring, so I can’t answer your “stuff” question.

But he has an opt out clause in his contract that says if he isn’t on the 25 man by a certain date, he can choose free agency. By assigning him to AAA, the team would basically be cutting him.

No apology necessary. I sure hope you’re right. I really wanted to take some time to go to Pirate City & see Karstens myself but it just never lined up. A healthy month out of him could make a big difference.

About the Keith Law line, Yogi used to say he didn’t take a lot of BP because he only had so many hits in his bat & he didn’t want to waste them in batting practice.

51. gregenstein says:

I’m not a huge fan of Karstens in the bullpen anymore. He proved to me he’s a starter. If he’s healthy but only able to pitch maybe 75 pitches on his regular season debut, I’d rather he go out and make that start. There will probably be a rainout to let the bullpen get rested back up, and if not there’s the off day on the 11th.

Hasn’t Huntington been interested in Sanchez for “a while”?

When’s the clay pigeon shoot scheduled this year?

54. He tried to get him the first year the Giants won the WS recently, but Sanchez got hot and they didn’t trade him.

All the conjecture is fun, but it’s probably an exercise in futility applying conventional wisdom to this bunch of clowns.

56. gregenstein says:

-Melancon
    -Hughes
    -Leroux
    -Wilson
    -McP or Sanchez
    -Zagurki?

I really can’t figure out the bullpen this year. But I guess to answer your question, yes, I think Sanchez is basically a “shoe in” now.

57. gregenstein says:

It’s actually really fun this year because I can’t find 7 relievers, even if you include the loser of the 5th starter battle. I’ve got Grilli, Melancon, Hughes, McP/Sanchez, Leroux, Wilson, and ????????. Now that Bryan Morris has been optioned, I’m actually expecting NH to acquire some bullpen guy off the scrap heap, perhaps even from another team after it makes final cuts.

Tony Watson. If he’s healthy, that is.

He would however get a 100k check if he reported to the minors.

I’m thinking they will start the season with him in the rotation.

And there were lunatics reports that his stuff has been “filthy” from what they’ve seen

you two guys have it spot on!
    Last call for the boat ;)

It will be a best seller like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea….with the same motto…ALL WASHED UP!

62. Any truth to the rumor that Dejan actually had his return ticket to the Burgh already scheduled for today . . . . . . . . so he could make it back in town for the Pittsburgh Power opener tomorrow night?!?

By the way, when is Woodley’s Pittsburgh bowling team Opener? Hope Dejan covers it! He claims he is now the “Man of All Sports!”

63. Just check the baseball schedule and plan on the first off-day after the Bucs play 20 straight days!!

24/7 just tweeted he got 2 texts from scouts last night telling him it appears Sanchez has pitched himself onto the Pirates roster. He didn’t specify if they were Pirates scouts or not.

More from 24/7 – Inge scratched from today’s lineup. He’s still taking BP, however. He’s cut (that part’s from me).

66. Brad, Indiana PA says:

Hey Jandy,

You live near Cresson- what is the deal with that place? It’s like all the winds in the world get together and have a meeting, then they all say “hey, let’s all blow as hard as possible and converge right on Cresson at one time.”

And I’ve driven it a million times (not as much during the winter as this year), but 422 has to be the dirtiest freakin road on the planet. My poor Tracker doesn’t have enough horsepower to carry all the salt and junk from that road. It’s not even worth washing the little gremlin because of it.

67. Brad, Indiana PA says:

Tyler Kennedy still sucks. Just throwing that out there.

+ 1874658993.8

Johnny Mac starts at short today.

Hey Brad, I was born and raised in Gallitzin, which is 2 minutes from Cresson. Both towns are wind blown cow paths lol. I *HATED* living “up the mountain”, which is what people from Altoona, Holidaysburg, and Duncansville call it. It’s an area God forgot!

LOL just had to, didn’t ya Brad? :P

I applaud consistency.

73. 15 minutes until DUKE basketball!!

Dear Lord, Please don’t let them pull a “Pitt”!!!

Or a “Duke” from last year.

@Dejan_Kovacevic •Bored out of my skull on this flight. We’re somewhere over Nebraska, I think. Anyone has a non-sports Q, I’m game …

How ’bout your mayoral endorsement?

Then Brad gets a standing ovation every day lol

77. Brad, Indiana PA says:

He might have forgotten but Mother Nature sure didn’t. I could barely see driving home last night. The snow was falling so heavily (yet not sticking) and the lines on 422 are under 6 inches of cinders, ash and salt. Bleh.

78. Brad, Indiana PA says:

How does one get “bored” out of their skull? I thought boring was the process of drilling into the skull…

79. Brad, Indiana PA says:

It’s a slow day. That was all I could effectively come up with :-)

Everyone’s talking about ST and pitching rotations and such while snow’s falling (at least it is here)… so depressing. ST is such a tease. It will be interesting watching Travis Snider ski to first base in a couple weeks though.

Don’t worry Groat, you’ll be OK against SUNY Albany. Then again, I thought that Lehigh thing was safe too.

Brandon Inge seen leaving McKechnie Field in street clothes.

82. Especially as many social media as he’s involved with, plus this wonderful blog.

83. radio wave says:

How many guys are left in camp? Who are the actual players that are still fighting for jobs going north?

I feel for you, brother :/

Anybody else think this whole signing has Clint Hurdle written all over it?

Can’t get much more veteranny than 38 McDonald.

Yesterday was the first day of Spring, and it’s STILL snowing here too.
    I *HATE* snow >:/

We hardly knew ye. Hawpe should’ve tagged along and saved on cab fair to the airport.

That “b” word isn’t in my dictionary. My kids were never allowed to use that word around me. Or they would find themselves with ALL kinds of things to do…things they didn’t like!

You’re going to have Liriano, Morton, Contreras & D’Arnaud start on the DL. It looks like Harrison & Mercer battling it out for the last bench spot, with Pie as a long shot. We pretty much hashed out the pitching staff earlier in the thread. Don’t be shocked by another trade either.

90. Absolutely correct. With all DK has to do, surprising it’s in his.

After the 3 cuts this morning, 37 left with a chance to go north.

Is anybody following the Tigers closer/Rick Porcello trade situation?

I just can’t wrap my head around it. Tigers go into the offseason adament about using their hard throwing, erratic closing prospect Bruce Rondon to start the year, then freak out in the first week of ST when he shows up throwing hard and erratic. What were they expecting to happen?

Names have been thrown around as a return for Porcello anywhere from two Ranger’s minor leaguers not even ranked in their top 20 prospects to stud closer Houston Street to setup man(which they already have several of) Luke Gregerson.

And this is all after Huntington practically begged them to take Hanrahan.

Do teams really see his value as that low? Thats all that makes sense at this point. We’ve seen teams spend big money on closers like Brandon League, Jonathan Broxton, and Raphael Soriano even though Hanny could’ve been had at pennies on the dollar.

Any thoughts?

Closely. I watched him pitch last Friday against Toronto. He threw the ball well very well, touched 93 on many occasions. There were tons of scouts there. I had my eye on a Phillies scout who would watch him throw an inning, then make a call. And so on & so on.

Teams that spend like to talk a good game about their prospects until they actually have to use them. Leyland, of course, wanted to go the established closer route right from the get go. The Tigers are panicking right now but Rondon seems to have straightened himself out.

At the game today.
    There is a guy sitting near me that SOUNDS familiar

I forgot about Presley there.

96. Don’t keep us in suspense.

“Teams that spend like to talk a good game about their prospects until they actually have to use them.”

Which is what confuses me. Why are they so quick to drop Porcello and not Smyly?

The irrational fan in me wants to say “why didn’t Neal hold onto Hanny?”, but what evidence is there to suggest that he would’ve actually been worth Porcello?

98. tdb1977 says:

Amen to that statement!

Is Thunder at the game? Where are you?

They just think Smyly is a better pitcher, plus he’s left handed. They don’t have another lefty in their rotation.

Box 4 row 20

Two rows from the top

Good. Stay there.

Drew hates me!

I think you got your wish, Hawpe was a late scratch also.

105. RobertoForever says:

Sanchez did VERY well last night against essentially the opening day Orioles lineup. And he really had the hook going.

Pie on 1st two outs. Watch. Third out will be a caught stealing.

Shows how much EYE know.

Successful steal

108. Did Tabata get badly hurt when he got plunked? Gameday has been locked up since he got hit.

Inge was removed due to lingering discomfort from being hit by a pitch in the shoulder blade last Thursday. Alrighty then.

110. Sounds like the convenience list is upcoming.

Gabby walked. Fort k’ed. Inning over.

Earlier Presley doubled but was put out later on a hard grounder.

No. It didn’t seem like it. But I do admit that when it happened I thought “there it is, the nagging injury and possible reason for a stint on the DL

114. Thanks. Extends our scoreless streak.

115. You 2 boys sittin’ together?

116. RobertoForever says:

I am here too. First baseline. Front row.

Some Yankees fans tried to cheat and sit in the front row. Pirates fan in the section got them kicked out.

117. RobertoForever says:

He got hit on the hands while attempting to bunt.

Shook it off and then struck out

I had forgotten to put up earlier that in the top first, Jenny gave up one single but no damage.

Leadoff double and then single…men on corners, no outs.

Then infield grounder, run scores, one out.

119. RobertoForever says:

Gomez is laboring today. Almost every batter goes up 2-0, then waits for their pitch.

And just now Gomez picked off Roberts on 2nd.

A CS yesterday and now a PO. The new and improved Pirates D

Our new backup short stop McDonald is about as tall as JHay.
    Our second baseman Mercer is very tall.

Nice execution of the run down

Third out. One run.

We are. But we’ll never admit it.

:-). ( < I know this will make him mad)

X rays negative.

Both shaved. Totally. Body paint.

I’m black. He’s gold lamé

Inge was not cut, he has effects from from being hit by pitch on the shoulder

Mercer stretching out…must have tweaked something in slide. Staying in. He’s a hockey player.

Jeanmar is tall too

Jenny plunks lead off hitter.

Good.

There aren’t enough baseball fights in spring training.

buy that guy a beer!!!!

We want Instagrams!!!

131. RobertoForever says:

Haha. I think he plunked him because he had a batter in an 0-2 hole for the first time today and panicked

Good point. Or maybe mad that the batter took him out of his routine.

Still, no damage. 1 run through three. Not efficient but relatively effective.

Jenny is batting. This should be good.

Can you k on two pitches?

Ok. Three straight. Last swing on a pitch halfway to 1B

You’re making Neal very proud

AW might not appreciate my scouting report though

A Rays fan just yelled SEE YA to Presley on a strike.

Unfortunately it was strike two.

Then he drew a walk.

Not sure what gamew Drew is watching with a run scored, i have this game 0-0 in bottom of 3rd

Nice RBI double by Pie. Knocks in Presley

Pie is tall too

We each have nice profile pics, courtesy of the friendly Bradenton Police.

PS. Before you pass out, tasers HURT.

Especially there.

141. tcb says:

Ditto.

142. Jag7 says:

Sorry to interrupt this important Pirate game, but I want to give a shout out to the Bishop Canevin girls basketball team, who just won the 2013 AA state championship. WPIAL champs and now PIAA champs, well done ladies, congrats!

Tied at 1 – bottom 3rd. Pie just doubled in the tying run.

Boo. They knocked Burrell out of both the WPIAL & PIAA. :)

I guess it’s just that simple. Good problem to have, eh?

146. RobertoForever says:

He’s watching the same game as me. Luke Scott was driven on a ground out in the top of the second.

How does one fix that kind of Boo Boo?

Yes, suddenly a run appeared on gameday

The one you’re watching seems to be the same one I’m listening to.

May I recommend Gameday Audio. Every game every team all year long, spring training included. Only $19.99.

Nice RBI single by McDonald.

Great trade for Neal. :-)

152. RobertoForever says:

Well, that over priced backup SS just came thru with a run scoring single.

153. RobertoForever says:

And now a stolen base

I just shook hands with Tim Nevrett. Very nice

I have never met him before , and for some reason he said to me “keep that Drew character away from me.”

He ran away too fast or I would have told him. “He’s a real person , that’s no character”

155. Jag7 says:

That was revenge for Burrell beating Canevin in the softball playoffs 2 yrs. ago !

woah! imagine that :)

ZING!

He’s not tall.

Baseball too. That Leyland has a future though.

160. Oshkosh b’gosh,

Sorry!! I had you guys winning that region.

15 – 56 will do that to a team.

Sorry!

161. tdb1977 says:

New SS is 1 for 2 with an RBI so far.

No Geno tonight. No Letang tonight.
    Cookie is in tho.

Vokoun in goal.

OOps, wrong thread ;X

Well the Zgurisky Experiment will be ending soon

Zgurisky just gave up a HR.

I DON’T CARE!!

Any guy THAT short and fat HAS to make the team.

Neal musta been on vacation when this guy was acquired.

Upward plane.

He thought he was getting Dana Eveland.

Hey!! The big boy got somebody out.

But not before a single and double…3-3 now.

Their new closer?

Tough day for Dickerson….and Zgurisky

168. Jag7 says:

I hope so. He’s a good kid – friendly and humble.

Pirates 1Bman dropped what would have been a successful pickoff throw, missed a foul pop, and Thunder is now chasing around the bases, wearing nothing but his gold lamé body paint.

No idea who the bum is. #77, but the program lists 77 as a pitcher. Maybe they are two question marks, not sevens. That would make more sense.

This game is a classic example of how you can’t trust the box score or worry about the record in Spring Training

Alex Dickerson.

What about the gold lame` body paint???

Wow, Pens recalled Trevor Smith from WBS. Center. He’s played in the NHL before, was once with the Islanders, who we play tonight.

The new closer gave up another run scoring double.

Out of inning on wild DP. Ground to 2Bman Mercer, steps on first for out, throws to SS covering 2nd but too late for runner, who throws to Fort to get out at the plate

Ugh.

Bucky stinks.

176. Sorry to see that, John.

177. We have it. It’s great.

But who’s on 3rd?

179. RobertoForever says:

so will the Zagurski experiment :D

180. RobertoForever says:

Melancon in to pitch. Fairly easy inning, after the Zagurski-Dickerson fiasco.

Easy ground out, walk after 0-2 count, then easy 6-3 DP.

181. RobertoForever says:

Hughes in to pitch. Throwing the nasty stuff.

Easy 1, 2, 3 inning.

182. Melancon pitching 2 today? Can’t trust Gameday today.

183. RobertoForever says:

Yes. Grilli pitched the fifth. Melancon the seventh and Hughes the eighth

Some Buc I never heard of hit a HR. 6-4 Bucs

185. RobertoForever says:

You have never heard of the Aussie, Stefan Welch? What kind of Bucs fan are you? :D

Stefan Welch. He’s an Aussie.

187. That’s cause you don’t pay attention to the minors. Stefan Welch is a bona fide prospect, Drewmeister.

188. RobertoForever says:

Tim Alderson in to pitch the 9th. Yes that Alderson.

The BMTIB may win the Sanchez trade yet. :D

This is why you’re my official minor league watcher, Lucky. I used the media guide.

190. You’d think Drew would make several trips to Bradenton every year, Milo, to see the Marauders and the Gulf Coast rookie team.

:P

We have to watch minor leagues, here. 4 hours to the closest ML team and that’s the Reds.

191. Thanks to you 3 fellows for the game info, especially on a day when Gameday was less than perfect and the NCAA’s take the spotlight.

Drew is probably hurrying the local watering hole now to catch the Gators and Florida Gulf Coast vs. Georgetown, right Drew?

So we left our seats and went to the new outfield concourse for the last three innings.

To have a beer (there’s a surprise)

And to talk so much that we missed that the game had ended (there’s a surprise)

In fact, when this Stephanie Welch chick hit the HR, we thought that made it 4-4. Had to ask all the Rays fans around us what had happened.

193. RobertoForever says:

You are welcome. On the road to Ft Myers to spend a few days with my Minor League mgr buddy.

Great baseball with the Bucs though. Definitely anxious to see those guys winning at PNC in just over a week. Go Bucs

Holy crap. People work in this town. I’m in traffic.

Load photon torpedoes.

195. Push to warp 13, Scotty.

But Captain, she’s gonna blow!

Somehow I knew Bradenton would not survive the day

197. RobertoForever says:

Wow 200+ comments on a Pirates ST game thread. Only 44 comments on the ‘Fire Jamie Dixon’ morning column post. Very telling.

I hit traffic too!

I can’t believe that I saw The Tim Alderson save the game. I am not sure his name was in the back of his jersey. When I looked up the names of 2 Pirate players at the end of the game, it had coaches names next to the numbers.
    Nice recycling program by the team.

Made it back to Palm Harbor. Haven’t seen my wife since last week (I was in Cocoa Beach all week).

And that streak is not gonna change.

Stopped in my favorite brew pub (of course).

She’s going out with friends at 9:00.

So I’ll get home at 9:15.

200. I’ll tell her ‘Hi’ for you when I see her at 9:00.

Then you’re a better man than I am.

Take my wife.