On location: Penguins 4, Jets 0

Looking ahead to faceoff …

Game: Penguins (26-8) vs. Winnipeg Jets (18-14-2)

Time: 7:08 p.m.

Site: Consol Energy Center

TV, radio: Root Sports, TSN Jets (Manitoba), WXDX-FM 105.9

Here is the official live box score.

Here is TribLIVE’s Penguins page. Rob Rossi, Josh Yohe and the Trib’s Manitoba correspondent are on the scene, as is Winnipeg Free Press columnist Gary Lawless.

Comments

1. Kevin says:

I know Morrow’s here and Iginla will probably play Saturday. When do we get to see Murray?

DK: Tonight.

2. Eric Bowser says:

What is going on with the BLOG?

3. philthegroundhog says:

I have had trouble all day getting to the Trib site. Lots of Server refused the connection messages. Even typing this comment I’m getting interrupted. I wonder is there is some server maintenance going on in the background.

4. SamnRita says:

Cannot present on my iPad. Trib website is awful. Loaded with pop-ups, really fat.

5. Kevin says:

Thanks DK! I thought tonight but wasn’t sure.

Blog has been funky all day, the early thread, posts disappearing, posts appearing in random order, not by time, stuff like that.

Thats what we get when Shero makes a trade like he did last night….

7. Eric Bowser says:

I can’t read the board, so I’m typing a lame post to get to a spot where we can read it. Sorry if this isn’t a problem for others.

Iginal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. SamnRita says:

May I say I LOVE the last 3 acquisitions, though I do wonder how for ex a rather slow D will fit in with the Bylsma scheme…hope he’s paired with a quicker puck mover.

Anyway – is it fair to say we’ve now morhped from DB’s preferred roster shape/form to Shero’s?

Almost seems like we’ve been busy putting back the type of players that were deemed not so important (gritty vet grey beard leaders, net clearing heavy body D) in the heady post Cup days, and back to what we had.

I know, I know, we couldn’t have kept both Gill and Scuderi.

Could we have kept one? Gill went to MON 2 years at 4.5 mil.
    We spent boatoads on MnM, including 25 mil over 5yrs for Martin.
    You have to think they could have found a way to squeeze Gill under the cap.

But RS went with DB’s preferred player size/shape.

Along with that role players like Talbot got ditched. Even Fedentko – who crashed the net to good effect for Malkin. NOw we have Morrow.

Almost like we’re putting back the pieces we discarded.

So is this SHero’s roster or Bylsma’s?

In any case – it is CUP. NOW.

9. Eric Bowser says:

Ok, let’s try another post to get to the point where we can read without all the poorly placed links and stuff. (Sorry)

10. philthegroundhog says:

When I first saw the headline that Iginla wanted Penguins, I thought that he had been traded somewhere else. When I read that he was traded to the Penguins, I turned a few heads in the office when I said “Holy $$$”. After reading the article and finding out that he can’t play until he gets a work visa, I wondered why he just didn’t play as an undocumented worker. Then I felt bad by going there…

11. Eric Bowser says:

Three players that I’ve wanted on the Penguins have all been acquired…. what a great few days for many Penguins fans and players.

Losing Kenny Agostino and Ben Hanowski is nothing since I didn’t consider either winger to be much more than organizational depth, i.e. AHL filler. The first round pick was already going to be a late first rounder, by acquiring Murray and Morrow now combined with Iginla, that pick is virtually a 2nd round pick now as I think the Penguins will win the Cup.

Here’s what I’d like to see come playoff time with the current roster (which I expect to change between now and April 3rd).

1 Kunitz – Crosby – Dupuis – Despres – Letang
    2 Neal – Malkin – Iginla – Orpik – Martin
    3 Morrow – Sutter – Bennett – Murray – Niskanen
    4 Cooke – Vitale – Kennedy
    G Fleury – Vokoun
    Scratches: Adams, Glass, Jeffrey, Eaton, Engelland, Bortuzzo

What a great day for hockey!!

12. TJ says:

I don’t see how you don’t put Iginla on the top line. I think he slides in on top and slide Dupuis down to the 3rd line. I’d almost go with the captains line of Morrow – Crosby – Iginla as my top line. Gives you a sick second line of Kunitz-Malkin-Neal and even some scoring on your 3rd with Dupuis-Sutter-Cooke

13. Eric Bowser says:

Anything is possible at this point…. I just love the three scoring lines. Really hate to mess with the Crosby line at the moment. A lot can happen between now and playoffs to change my mind about Iginla on Crosby line.

14. Dave G says:

Iginla’s real full name is:

Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla

Absolutely true.

15. Eric Bowser says:

There’s a ton of line combinations

1st Line

Cooke – Vitale – Bennett
    Glass – Vitale – Cooke
    Cooke – Adams – Kennedy
    Cooke – Adams – Bennett
    Glass – Adams – Cooke

So many combos…

Bylsma has to be stressing out… lol

16. That leaves you Sutter, Cooke, Morrow (I guess), and who to be forwards on penalty kill. Dupuis?

I think you have to dress either Adams or Glass to play on penalty kill . . . . . especially if one of the four I mentioned above is in the box!

17. TJ says:

The key though is its now on Bylsma and the players. If they fail they have no one to blame but themselves. Shero did more than his part. I feel like we gave up the same amount this year as we did to get Hossa and Dupuis but we got Murray, Morrow and Iginla. Crazy!

18. Pucknutz says:

Got the same problem Eric!

19. TJ says:

Based on the Boston GM saying that Calgary told them yesterday afternoon that Iginla was theirs you would have to say that Iginla is going to get a warm welcome the next time they visit the Bruins.

20. Eric Bowser says:

I think Kennedy gets traded for a draft pick, which opens up Adams to move to the 4th line RW and that PK role. Come playoff time, if they roll the four lines, it will allow them use Crosby more on the PK.

Kunitz, Dupuis, Crosby, Sutter, Cooke, and Adams is a good mix. I think Vitale should be out there and I’ve been on record that I’d like to see Malkin out there late on a PK.

21. TJ says:

Ok Eric… How does your PP look? LOL

I mean seriously; ridiculous.

Even regulation OT going 4 on 4. You go with Iginla and Crosby then Malkin and Neal? Jeezus

Welcome Lunatics, if you don’t see your current location below, please add a reply to this post

Dejan’s Lunatic Nation – at the Trib,
    Arizona – Tucson, Chandler, Phoenix, Sunnyslope, Davis-Monthan AFB*
    Arkansas – Rogers
    Alaska – Anchorage
    Austrailia – Mackay
    California – Bakersfield, San Francisco, UNION CITY, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, Yuba City, Solana Beach, Yorba Linda, Yuba City*, Edwards, Long Beach, Modesto, Davis
    Canada – Toronto, Winnipeg, Moncton – New Brunswick, Ontario – Muskoka
    China – Beijing
    Colorado – Ft Collins, Estes Park*, Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs
    Connecticut – Cos Cob, Bridgeport, Wallingford, Norwalk, NEWTOWN
    Costa Rica
    Czech Republic
    Delaware – Newark
    Denmark – Greenland – Thule*
    District of Columbia
    Florida – Palm Harbor, Orlando, Valrico, Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Oviedo, Tampa, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Palm Beach Gardens, Cape Coral, Coco Beach (Major Nelson and Mary Ann), Niceville (Red Neck Rivera), St Petersburg, Pembroke Pines, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens, Hallandale Beach
    Georgia – Marietta, Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Acworth
    Germany – Leverkusen/Cologne
    Hawaii – Honolulu
    Idaho – Mountain Home, Coer d’Aline, Mountain Home AFB*
    Indiana – Indianapolis, Burns Harbor, South Bend, Bicknell, Ft Wayne
    Iowa – Bettendorf, Humboldt
    Illinois – La Salle, Peru, Payson, Chicago, Palatine (3 inmates there), Lincoln Park, Grayslake, Algonquin
    Japan – Tokyo
    Kentucky – Louisville, Bowling Green, Lexington
    Louisiana – Slidell
    Maine – Bangor
    Maryland – Arnold, Odenton, Severn, Baltimore, Waldorf, Hagerstown, Chevy Chase, Hampstead
    Massachusetts – Boston, Tygnsboro
    Michigan – Kalamazoo, Eaton Rapids, Lansing, Ann Arbor
    Minnesota – Yinzer
    Mississippi – Biloxi
    Missouri – St Peters***
    Montana
    Nebraska – Omaha
    New Hampshire – Barrington
    New Jersey – Chesterfield, Princeton, Roxbury, Lebanon, Lincoln Park, Berkeley Heights, Somerville, Hammock, Barrington, Delran, Pennsville
    New Mexico – Mike
    New York – New York, Smithtown, Manhattan, Long Island, Nyack, Brooklyn
    Nevada, Las Vegas
    North Carolina – Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Wilmington, Chapel Hill, High Point
    North Dakota
    Ohio – Cincinnati, Columbiana, Westerville, Green, Hilliard, Toledo, Louisville, Columbus, Perrysburg, Pickerington, Youngstown, Cleveland, Olmsted Township, Liberty Township, Warren, Oregon, Wintersville, Austintown, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base*, New Philadelphia, Powell, Canton, Salem, New Albany, Bloomingdale

Pennsylvania – Downtown, Hopewell, Indiana, North Wales, Franklin Park, Forest Hills, Lansdale, Philadelphia, Du Bois, Reading, Crafton, Arnold, Wexford, Mt Lebanon, Canonsburg, Lancaster, Huntington, York, Boiling Springs, Philly suburbs, Morningside, Harrisburg, Lawrenceville, Bradfordwoods, Norristown, Hanover, Clearfield, Sewickley, DuBois, Plum Boro, Slippery Rock, Wilks-Barre, Sharpsville, Bessemer, Greensburg, Washington, Imperial, South Side, Duncansville, Newville, Sheppton, Grove City, Butler, Allentown, Ross Township, Blairsville, Flood City (Johnstown), Overbrook, Danny’s Hoagies, Baldwin, Economy, Sharpsville, Erie, North Huntington, Bellfonte, West Mifflin, Kennywood, Pleasant Hills, Beechview (Mad Turk, No 200), Macgunie, Mechanicsburg, Uptown, Cambria County, Mon Valley, Salisbury, Coraopolis, Emsworth, Cranberry Twp, Garrett, O’Hara Township, McCandless Township, 115 Federal Street, Bethel Park, Harrison City, Penn Hills, Kittanning, Dover, Lebanon, Upper St Clair, Rennerdale, Oakland, Scranton, Moon (RMU), State College, Erie, Penn Twp, Stowe, Elizabeth, Hermitage, Easton, Carlisle, Finleyville, Belle Vernon, Madison, Sellersville, Waynesburg, Warren, Beaver Falls, Chambersburg, Green Castle, East Freedom, Leechburg, Banksville City, Ellwood City (named after one of the Blues Brothers??), Hollidaysburg
    The Philipines
    Rhode Island
    Singapore
    South Carolina – Duncan, Longs, Columbia, Bluffton, Greensville
    South Korea – Seoul, Mike
    Sweden
    Tennessee – Smithville, Nashville
    Texas – Tyler, San Antonio, Belton, Houston, Katy, Plano, El Paso
    Utah – Salt Lake City, Provo
    Vermont – North Bennington
    Virginia – JAL, Hampton, Rescue, Richmond, Front Royal, Woodbridge, Suffolk, Warrenton, Springfield*, Virginia Beach, Fairfax, Arlington, Yorktown, Henrico, Aldie, Manassas, Newport News, Clifton
    Washington – Seattle, Nine Mile Falls, Spokane, Sammamish
    West Virginia – Martinsburg, Morgantown, Wheeling, Mt Olivet
    Wisconsin – Madison, Oshkosh, Hortonville
    Wyoming – Caspar, Lander

320 locations represented in the blog,
    Honorary members, people that have, in our opinion, made a difference
    Beano
    Lemonade Guy
    The Gunner, Mr Bob Prince
    The Great One
    Mike Lange
    Myron Cope
    The Honorable Mayor Richard Caliguiri
    Kevin Mcclachety
    Mike Emerick
    Commander Hadfield, courtesy of the Space Station
    Fred Rogers
    Wilver Dornell Stargell, No 8
    Maz
    13 countries
    45 states, plus the District of Columbia, missing 6 states, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alabama, Kansas and Oklahoma
    Two planets, at least confirmed, and the Space Station

23. Eric Bowser says:

PP..
    Finally split the units. Each unit gets 60 seconds. If first unit doesn’t get it done and second scores, then second unit gets the first 60 for the next PP chance. That creates competition internally.

1st: Kunitz – Crosby – Iginla – Niskanen – Martin
    2nd: Morrow – Malkin – Neal – Letang – Despres

OT
    My goodness scary
    Iginla – Crosby
    Neal – Malkin
    Morrow – Sutter
    Dupuis – Kunitz

24. Eric Bowser says:

Pens have recalled AHL goalie Jeff Zatkoff… wonder if Fleury can’t go tonight?

25. Eric Bowser says:

Malkin activated, Bennett assigned to AHL (he’ll be back after April 3rd)

26. Eric Bowser says:

looks like Fleury is out tonight

27. TJ says:

Wouldn’t they have to make a corresponding move to make room for him or will he not be on the roster till he actually arrives?

28. I’m just commenting on the lines you touted above, with the untraded Kennedy installed on your 4th line. Got to have Adams or Glass dress to keep penalty kill tight.

Sid is still making courtesy shows on penalty kill only, mostly to take draws in his own end. He is very infrequently out there for long. Malkin still can’t be trusted 5 on 5 not to give the puck away. I’d be scared to death to put him out there a man or two down! Try that in the next 82 game season!!

With team as now structured, must have either Adams or Glass dress for PK, to go with the 3-4 I mentioned above.

29. Pucknutz says:

The beauty of it is they have a month to play w/the lines and can even lose a couple games experimenting. Certainly don’t want them to lose even 1 game but they do have a little slack there.
    Go Pens!

30. Eric Bowser says:

You can have emergency recall for a goalie.

Could just be a precaution, but no reason to push things

32. Eric Bowser says:

exactly, why push it.

33. SamnRita says:

Agreed. Doubt they mess with Line 1 unless Crosby gives the OK.
    Chemistry is over/under rated depending who you talk to.

Whatever – its maybe the best line in hockey. I dunno you change it for a Maybe.

But I guess we’ll see.

34. SamnRita says:

Yep. This is Shero’s message : CUP – NOW.
    No pressure Dan-o.

35. TJ says:

Bruins now chasing Clowe and Danny Briere

36. TJ says:

And Ryan Whitney

37. Eric Bowser says:

Clowe and Briere would be good acquisitions, not sure Whitney would help them all that much. Briere has concussion issues, so that’s a big risk and Clowe, as much as I like him, has struggled this season.

38. Eric Bowser says:

Yes….. Fire Bylsma!

LOL

There’s really no place for Bennett in the lineup, injuries notwithstanding. Just leave him down there so he can play.

40. Keep him fresh and active. A blocked shot could put him back among Top 6.

I like the heck out of him!

Needs Jandy’s cooking though!!

41. TJ says:

I am a little surprised by the length of the press conference Peter Chiarelli of Boston had today to discuss not getting Iginla. I think his conference was longer than the one that Iginla had. Everyone was saying part of the decision was the reputation of the Boston owner. Wonder if this wasn’t an attempt to save face. But really bizarre. Would have been like Shero having an hour long conference to discuss not getting Parise.

42. TJ says:

Also find it hilarious in Rossi’s article that Shero mentioned that he called his kids and they didn’t believe him.

Also found it interesting that the initial offer sounds as though it did not include the first round pick as the article mentions that Feaster called to ask that the 1st be added and it would be a deal.

Can you imagine getting that call????

Lyle Overbay has made the Yankees. Woo hoo !

44. TK39 says:

Was the pick in the Bruins original offer conditional upon Iggy signing for next year? I read that but I also read that the B’s proposed Calgary’s preferred offer. Seems odd if they wanted the conditional pick over the guaranteed pick based solely on the prospects.

45. TK39 says:

Lets Go Pens!

46. TK39 says:

Is Clowe even on the block? I had read that he wasnt.

47. Eric Bowser says:

He’s an unrestricted free agent this summer, if Sharks are willing to move Murray, I’m thinking GM Doug Wilson will be open to trading Clowe.

Jeff Zatkoff will be the backup tonight.

49. Pucknutz says:

I think I already posted a Lets go Pens but just to be sure…
    Lets Go Pens!

Needing to post a LGP has unfortunely become another of my superstitions – by the playoffs if I keep adding them I will be a twitching bowl of jello!! lol

50. cosmo says:

is Cashman now into dumpster diving. Overbay is the best he could come up with?

51. That does my heart good!!!

Yankees are that weak!!

52. cosmo says:

Who is he?

25 years old, native of Detroit. Went to Miami of Ohio & sporting a 2.00 GAA at Wilkes Barre.

54. TK39 says:

I’m surprised they’ve been sellers. I looked at the standings earlier in the week and they didnt strike me as a team that was out of it.

55. cosmo says:

thanks

Aldo Montoya.

57. Dave G says:

It’s a shooting gallery for the Pens so far. They’ll find the net pretty soon. And often.

58. Dave G says:

Kunitz strikes first!

59. Dave G says:

Malkin follows up! 2-0

This one’s iffy.

61. Sarah says:

Looked like skate goalie back to skate and in….

62. Sarah says:

Actually great save…

My cause celeb. Kicking the puck in the net should be legal in all cases.

64. Dave G says:

Goal under review. Good goal!

65. Dave G says:

Between-periods interview: Malkin sure looks a lot like Kunitz…

Nice to see Eric Tangradi has brought the Claude Rains act to his new team.

67. Dave G says:

Dupuis makes it 3-0!

68. Eric Bowser says:

This is scary… 3-0 Penguins, took about 10 minutes for skaters to get their pace and now it has been all Penguins.

Vokoun is playing well, especially those first 10 minutes.

69. Eric Bowser says:

Dupuis’ speed and quick stick to get that shot is so underrated.

70. Dave G says:

And they’re not done scoring yet. Wave after wave.

Wave 1 has scored two goals, Wave 2 has one.

Verron Hainsey.

72. Dave G says:

Murray is gonna shoot a puck right thru the net one of these times.

True North just commissioned a forensic study on that penalty by Adams.

74. Dave G says:

Man. he’s got a wicked slapper.

75. Eric Bowser says:

I had to laugh when San Jose fans said Murray was toast, couldn’t pass, and couldn’t shoot. He’s proving those beliefs wrong.

76. Eric Bowser says:

that was a dirty hit, no need for a shot like that.

77. Dave G says:

Oops… looks like Shero finally failed on a deal attempt.

Shero just tried to trade Justin Bieber, Beyonce, and Lady Gaga for Elvis and Freddie Mercury.

God just laughed.

That’s the way I saw it.

Just realized that I really don’t miss Dustin Jeffrey or Deryk Engelland at all.

80. cosmo says:

sid on PK, early!

81. cosmo says:

Dupuis, shorthanded !!!

What a throw in acquisition.

82. Dave G says:

Dupuis shorthanded! 4-0

Milo with the shout out on Dejan’s twitter!

Well how about that. Thanks DK. And thanks for the heads up Oshkosh.

Now Let’s Go Buckeyes !

85. My name is Enigo Montoya, you keel my father. Prepare to die!

86. Eric Bowser says:

Dupuis has 17 goals this season.
    15 ES
    1 PP
    1 SH

What an outstanding turn around to his career after struggling with Wild, Rangers and Thrashers.

I’ve got Marquette on TV with Mike Lange on XM. Have driven the family upstairs (I don’t have a sweet man cave like Dejan).

Anybody know a good marriage counselor?

The next thing Shero needs to do is to get him signed ASAP.

89. cosmo says:

What, you don’t have a bobblehead collection?

I’ve become an expert at syncing up Mike Lange on the laptop with the TV broadcast. If I ever meet Bob Errey I’ll apologize profusely, but I just can’t take Steigy.

91. cosmo says:

I’m with you. Miss Lange on the TV side.

92. Jason81 says:

The interesting thing will be if he doesn’t sign and goes to another team and then under-performs based on what he signs for because he doesn’t have Crosby and Kunitz anymore.

93. Dave G says:

Funny, every time the Pens score while I’m watching TV, I still hear Mike Lange shouting “Heeeeeeeeeeeee shoots and scores!”

94. Dave G says:

OUTSTANDING penalty kill!

95. Eric Bowser says:

This is probably one and done for this group of players, I just don’t see how Shero could possibly sign them all but here’s how it “could” happen if many players take a pay cut.

* denotes already signed

Murray 2.000
    Bortuzzo 0.525
    Engelland 0.566*
    Fleury 5.000*
    Vokoun 2.000*
    62.972

This leaves Kennedy (RFA) to be unsigned/traded and Niskanen (2.3) to be traded and some really low cap value for guys like Morrow, Iginla, Murray, and Dupuis.

96. Eric Bowser says:

Just a world of difference when guys are communicating, more aggressive, better positioning.

It is unfathomable the way the Penguins have dominated this game they haven’t had one power play.

98. Dave G says:

Will we soon be finding ourselves comparing this version of the Penguins with the ’89-’90 or ’90-’91 Pens?

99. J Walter Weatherman says:

This is the best Pens team since the early 90′s. No weaknesses. Not guaranteed to win cup by any stretch, but you have to like their chances.

The x factor is Fleury. As is the case with all goalies, he’s the only player who can single-handedly derail their cup chances. Will be interesting to see how he’s playing going into the playoffs.

The Coyotes might score 20 goals tonight. They have 7 early in the 2nd.

100. cosmo says:

“Buy Sam a drink and get his dog one too”

101. Dave G says:

Pens could have scored 10 goals tonight with some better bounces.

Heck, they still might.

102. J Walter Weatherman says:

Good call. This is the best Pens team since the ’92-’93 version, which was probably the best Pens team ever, even though they didn’t win the cup.

This team is hitting on all cylinders. This is a division leader they are summarily dismissing.

104. Dave G says:

Murray hits like Ulf Samuelsson, shoots like Al Iafrate.

Impressive.

105. SJB says:

Orpik takes a bad penalty earlier on a PK to put them down 2 men and just recently goes on to leave his man to throw a hit on a Jet that is already tied up with Martin, leading to a Jets scoring chance.

Tired of people making excuses for this guy and tired of hearing him mentioned as a top 4 defenseman. He’s not. If anyone gets moved to the 7 spot, it’s Orpik, not Eaton.

106. Eric Bowser says:

Did Kane shoot that puck at the ref?

Sure looked like it to me… wow.

107. Eric Bowser says:

Yeah, they let some holding go.. almost sympathy non-calls.

108. SJB says:

Sorry I seem to mention a lot of negative things when everyone else on the team seems to be playing so well but someones got to. Can’t overlook this kinda crap.

I’d beef him up in no time ;)

110. SJB says:

Here’s a positive note: Flyers were leading the Isles 2-0 in the first…now down 3-2. :)

111. J Walter Weatherman says:

Orpik has been horrible this season. I’m still hoping he can turn things around before the playoffs because a good Orpik makes this defense much better. Still could use his physical presence, but I do agree that he’s not one of the Pens top 4 defensemen right now and maybe not top 6.

112. SJB says:

Won’t get any favorable calls in the future that way

113. SJB says:

I’ve been hoping he was going to turn things around for over two seasons now.

114. J Walter Weatherman says:

Crossing my fingers that the Pens draw the Jets in the 1st round

No Briere please, I can’t STAND that hobbit!

116. Dave G says:

They cant draw the Jets if both teams win their divisions… only if Winnipeg drops to 8th seed.

117. cosmo says:

14 in a row.

118. Eric Bowser says:

14 in a row, great performance, outstanding defense, superb goaltending.

119. SJB says:

damn…Pulled the goalie and tied it up 3-3. :(

120. Dave G says:

#14 folks!!!!

It was just last season fans were saying he had hands of stone

122. J Walter Weatherman says:

Exactly. Rather play the Jets than the Canes or Rangers.

123. SJB says:

…and one crappy Orpik. Oh well, I guess there is no such thing as perfection.

Bazinga!

125. Dave G says:

Wow. Can we give Montoya one of the 3 stars despite him giving up 4 goals?

Thanks, lost track.

AMEN!

128. Dave G says:

NHL GameCenter is a minute or so behind real broadcast time, so if my comments seem late to echo others, it’s because y’all saw it a minute before I did.

Doesn’t dampen my enthusiasm, though.

Dejan,

Thanks for having my back. What can I say, you just have a way with our friends to the north.

130. Eric Bowser says:

Pens owned faceoff dot… 37 wins, 19 losses.

DK: In perspective here, the Jets are a team sorely lacking at center. All wings.

I’ve been making a crack about forgetting how many after each win & then Bowser reminds me. You just beat me to it. :)

132. Eric Bowser says:

yeah, I think he played well all things considered as he gave up only 4 goals on 43 shots.

133. Eric Bowser says:

So much for ‘Fire Bylsma”

43 shots! Wow!

Joe Vitale played ;) I’m not certain but I bet he won quite a few

136. Eric Bowser says:

Unreal how scary good this team is, no weakness and after that clinic against the Jets.. teams who see the film from this game have to realize that was without Letang, Iginla, and Fleury.

Vitale was 7-1 on faceoffs. Nice call Jandy.

I like Vitale, wish he’d play more

139. Eric Bowser says:

He’s now 63% on draws this year.

I love this comment! lol. Good job Dave :)

142. Ermine says:

Oil City, Pa

143. TJ says:

Couple of things I’ve noticed

1. Murray might actually do well in this system. It was mentioned that the Jets were all worried about packing it in down low thus opening up a shot for Murray. I think he had more shots on the net than Letang has had in the past 2 months.

2. Morrow seems lost right now — perhaps its the idea of having to learn a new system and new linemates but he’s been almost non-existant thus far.

3. After the way Dupuis and Kunitz performed tonight and the way Morrow hasn’t; I’d say its a good bet that Iginla is on a wing with Malkin and Neal and Morrow sliding down to the 3rd line.

4. Think DK said it in his chat today but the best acquisition by Shero this year has been Vokoun. Or as I referred to him as GOALkun. He stepped up and chewed the boys out in Philly and he’s backed it up himself with his play recently.

5. I’m almost afraid to go to sleep tonight in case Shero decides to talk the Blackhawks into taking TK for Toews.

144. Karen22 says:

HAHAHA! Every time they said his name tonight I thought of that! GREAT movie!

145. Eric Bowser says:

Morrow is lost?

Wow, he was parked around the goaltender all night causing havoc and cycling well in the corners. No way did he look lost on that line with Malkin and Neal. He’s doing exactly what Shero acquired him to do, work the corners, drive the net.

146. JWE says: