Final: Brewers 10, Pirates 4

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (15-10) vs. Milwaukee Brewers (12-11)

Starters: LHP Wandy Rodriguez vs. RHP Yovani Gallardo

Time: 8:10 p.m.

Site: Miller Park, Milwaukee

TV, radio: Root Sports, 93.7 The Fan

Here’s the official live box score.

Here’s the Pirates’ lineup …

1. Starling Marte, CF
  2. Russell Martin, C
  3. Andrew McCutchen, CF
  4. Garrett Jones, RF
  5. Gaby Sanchez, 1B
  6. Pedro Alvarez, 3B
  7. Brandon Inge, 2B
  8. Clint Barmes, SS
  9. Rodriguez, LHP

Here’s TribLIVE’s Pirates page. Rob Biertempfel will not share his bratwurst.

Comments

1. JHadar says:

When will Walker and Snider be back? I know they might be available for pinch hitting, but when should they be ready to start?

Martin batting second is interesting for lack of a better word.

Let’s hope Cutch breaks out.

I thought I read that Snider could have pinch hit yesterday, but those types of injuries can change day by day.

I read that Walker might be back during this season per a post on the PBC Website

Ditto with the Cutch request

3. JHadar says:

season or series?

4. Ghost says:

Yes, Martin at second will be different. Though in spring training it seems there was some mention (either here, or by Rob Biertempfel) that Hurdle was mulling doing this occasionally. Here’s hoping the role of batting 2nd doesn’t throw Martin off. He seems pretty sound between the ears, and he’s certainly seeing the ball well right now. I’m sure he’ll execute just fine.

5. Ghost says:

Re: Cutch breaks out
    Of slump or with zits?

God help me if Clint asks Martin to bunt….

This series, sorry, its been a bad day at work

Too much nonsense

8. Patrick(ri) says:

Bet on it!

I just tried starting an RBI-feud in the other thread relating to Cutch.

Crazy to think how well this offense would be clicking if he and Walker showed up for the first month of the season.

10. Ghost says:

No problemo. Martin has been studying Domingo Ayala’s knob bunts and back door bunts.

At least the nonsense is coming from work and not me for a change. :)

12. Nate83 says:

Inge has played well enough that nobody even notices he is starting. He has earned it with some clutch hitting and good defensive work. Early on he is proving me and many others wrong. I will gladly continue to be wrong. I hope he contributes all year. Lord knows we deserve something like that after the last few years of Hinske, Overbay, Diaz……etc. types that have failed miserably.

Yeah but does any team ever have everybody clicking at the same time? I mean I’m sure we could find a few teams here and there over the past decade that had some ridiculous streaks, but that’ll never be our Bucs, IMO. We just have to hope to get on base at a decent enough clip and get enough timely hitting.

14. Ghost says:

And though nobody asked…

My only worry is that this turns into a Clint Hurdle veteran man-crush.

I’m with you, love being wrong about Inge being worthless. But you have to believe that there is a limit and eventually he’ll turn back into Brandon Inge.

Bob Melvin was able to mine 11 home runs out of him last year before cutting the chord in August. Let’s all hope Clint knows when enough is enough.

16. Baltimore last season for a while.

17. Patrick(ri) says:

Amen.

And thus begins half an hour of watching hilarious youtube videos…

I dare say he’s the best bunter on the team.

If by cutting the cord you mean a season ending injury, then yes he did.

Since we were 1-5, we’re averaging 4.73 runs per game. I’d be shocked if we did better than that during any other 20 game stretch during the season even when Cutch breaks out. I hope they prove me way wrong.

Agreed, but how many of them can put up these kind of numbers WITHOUT help from their best two hitters?

Well, their best hitter and Neil Walker.

23. Nate83 says:

Agree, if he regresses to an occasional start against a tough lefty at third in place of Alverez I’m good with that. If he is being trotted out there 3 or 4 times a week like McClouth and Overbay then I just don’t get it.

You’ve helped me once again, Milo. Totally forgot about the shoulder.

He could lay down a knuckleball with a pool stick and I still could care less.

26. Ghost says:

I recommend the guerrilla videos Ayala made himself. The ones he later made with the MLB are lame and probably not written by himself.

I agree with you in most cases. Stinky guys & pitchers.

28. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

I got to see first hand what Inge did when he came over to the A’s. I had no problem with this signing at all, but can he do it over the course of the season? Eh, 2 different things I think.

29. Iceman says:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw Martin batting second. Couldn’t think of a better word than interesting.

30. radio wave says:

I like this lineup except Walker isn’t there. I have no problem with Martin bunting as long as it wasn’t AJ who taught him.

31. Brandie says:

Hoping for another decent start by Wandy. GO BUCCOS!

32. Patrick(ri) says:

Have you seen what McClouth has been doing since last half of last season? .351 this year and 8 stolen bases. His lasik must have finally taken effect.

Nice weather here but chance of T-storms so I’m thinking the roof will be closed.

Hopefully the local baseball team will play as well as their downtown NBA breathren did against the Heat.

34. Naterosboro says:

From the Pirates:

“Congrats to Pirates catcher Russell Martin who was named NL Player of the week for 4/22-28. In that time Martin batted .375 (9-24) with 2 doubles, 4 HRs, 6 RBIs & a .958 SLG. Martin led the NL in homers and slugging percentage & has reached base safely in 17 of his last 20 games and ranks second among NL catchers with a .891 OPS this season. On Sunday he became just the second Pirates catcher since 1963 to record 3 extra base hits including 2 HRs in a game (also Ryan Doumit 2008).”

Congrats to Russell.

35. WELCOME TO THE HOUSE OF HORRORS!!!

Let’s open The Window…What’ll ya have? What’ll ya have?
    As always this is just for fun and entertainment purposes.

Max “wager” is 100 units on each separate line.
    All “wagers” must be divisible by 5.
    Play as many lines or as few lines as you’d like.

Please put your replies in this dialogue box, makes it much easier for me to “book-keep” that way.

MULTI-LINE MONDAY

Line #1
    Total HITS + WALKS by Andrew McCutchen in tonight’s game
    Line is 1.5

Line #2
    Total STRIKEOUTS by Pirates Batters in tonight’s game
    Line is 8.5

Anyone can play, and everyone should try!

Thanks to all for playing and good luck!!

ONLY 2 GAMES LEFT THIS MONTH!!
    ***First Place at the end of APRIL will win:***

Third Place at the end of the season will win:
    (1) PITTSBURGH PIRATES LICENSE PLATE FRAME

Fourth Place at the end of the season will win:
    (1) PITTSBURGH STEELERS BUMPER STICKER

Fifth Place at the end of the season will win:
    (1) PITTSBURGH PENGUINS BUMPER STICKER

36. Ryota Igarashi would be shocked, too!

37. JD says:

Line 1 – 50 over.
    Line 2 – 50 under.

Thanks Playoffs.

38. Ghost says:

Cutch gets in on the fun.
    Fifty OVER on line #1, please.

Just read he has the highest OBP of any leadoff hitter in the AL.

Walking 6.6% MORE and striking out 11.5% LESS than last year.

Why. Just why.

Haha, never gets old.

41. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

42. Naterosboro says:

Dk

Unless my comp is messed up, the link at the top that is supposed to take you to Pirates coverage actually takes you to Duquesne coverage.

43. Ghost says:

Yes, congrats to Russell.
    My only issue (which perhaps is just me) is that I still associate the one-word moniker “Russell” with John Russell. :(

44. radio wave says:

At playoffs: I will take 75 on the over for line 1. I will take 50 on the under for lying too.

45. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Tough, tough line today Playoffs.

Let’s try this:

Line 1: 100 Under

Line 2: 100 Over

From the leader!!

46. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

whoa whoa….reverse those please.

Line 1: 100 Over

Line 2: 100 Under

47. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Duquesne has coverage?

48. Patrick(ri) says:

I think he broke through during run-up to playoffs and during them. Why,I can’t say, but I would place my money on sustained regular play.

49. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

DK,

thanks for the post (twitter) of the Plum High School video..very cool. My nephew goes there, didnt see him in there though….Freshman probably aren’t allowed to be seen.

50. stickyweb says:

100 over on each line please. Thanks Playoffs.

That link has always directed me to the Duquesne page.

52. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

That is hopefully just you…..

53. JRay3 says:

Good afternoon to the window a perfect day to start a new series against a division foe as the Bucs look to make it four series wins in a row, would help to get this one to start things off.

Multi-line Monday and I have some ground to make up. The first line is centered on Cutch who has struggled mightily to start the season. However, when you look at what he did in his fifteen games against the Brewers a year ago you will see he mashes them. He had six multi-hit games versus them a year ago including two games with three hits. In all he went over the number in 10 of 15 contests when you sprinkle walks in. I’ll side with the numbers and a highly motivated Cutch on this play.

Line 1 – 100 on the OVER

The next line focuses on Pirates K totals. The Pirates have fanned 207 times in 25 games an average of 8.28 a contest. Yovani Gallardo takes the hill tonight and although he struck out 14 Pirates in a game last season he has not fanned more than 6 in any of his five starts this year. Maybe his focus and attention have not been there as evidenced by his recent DUI. I will take the hot bats over the cold pitcher here.

Line 2 – 100 on the UNDER

Thanks Playoffs and Lets Go Bucs.

Speaking of Ryan Doumit, he just lost his DH spot in favor of a rookie. Times have been better for Ryan Doumit.

55. Pucknutz says:

Line 1 100 over
    Line 2 100 under

56. JRay3 says:

For all you local Pirates fans, seeing the announcement that the Pirates are getting bumped two times for hockey playoffs (although ROOT has committed to meeting its 150 televised games number which will be made up with previously non-televised games I’m sure), why do they not offer a ROOT 2 for nights like these?

Here in Arizona the Dbcaks/Suns/Coyotes have conflicts all the time with each other so when one is on FSArizona they move another game to FSArizona Plus/2/Alternate whatever you want to call it and place it on a channel that typically is dark.

Many cities have gone this route in the advent of the digital age and with all the capabilities out there.

At any rate just find it interesting at least all of you locals will get to see the Bucs this Saturday on the FOX Baseball game of the week that regionally I do not believe will make its way out to Phoenix.

57. John Lease says:

Despite evidence to the contrary. Although I’m glad he’s done something, it just tempts Hurdle to keep on playing him. We need a Lloyd McClendon moment from Inge screaming ‘don’t overexpose me!’

58. Pucknutz says:

Sorry Playoffs I posted down below even though I know better, brain fart I guess :)
    I will duplicate it here.

Line 1 100 over
    Line 2 100 under

59. John Lease says:

I also felt that twinge. Every time I see that jackass in the Orioles dugout, I want to drive to Baltimore to boo him personally.

60. Lad9 says:

In my apparently continuing quest to catch Bizrow, I will put 100 yen on both overs tonight. Cutch’s BABIP is way too low for him not to start breaking out, and Gallardo’s K/9 career against the Pirates is 10.3. Thanks Playoffs and lets go Buccos! It would be nice to see Grilli(d) cheese walk off the mound triumphant in the land of the cheeseheads!

61. radio wave says:

Who is this picture Reid Who has a four and zero record for Indianapolis?

62. KJX says:

100 over
    100 under

63. You got it. Good luck in the last 2 games!!

64. No worries. You got it!!

65. JRay3 says:

Middle reliever for Indy, in eight games has pitched 15 innings just 4 BB’s to go with 17 K’s and 0.60 ERA. Former 7th round pick of Rays struggled in 2011 in Durham, had an alright year last season and appears to have struggled with control, but certainly has put up some numbers this year.

Had 98 K’s in 77.2 IP in 2008, but up until last year his K/9 numbers dropped a bit.

100 OVER for both Lines 1 and 2

Thanks, Playoffs

67. Playoffs, I’m going to go OVER on BOTH lines tonight for 100 each. Thanks.

It’s almost as if those three weeks of Spring Training have erased Clint Hurdle’s memory of the three years that say Gaby Sanchez sucks at hitting right handed pitchers.

A righty is pitching, Travis Snider is hurt, Jose Tabata is healthy, and Garrett Jones is playing right field.

These are not difficult decisions to make.

69. JRay3 says:

It has been announced….Jeanmar Gomez to start on Wednesday in series finale against Brewers. Sanchez moved to the pen probably until Contreras is called up this weekend.

70. radio wave says:

Thank you.

There has to be a rule against DFA’ing a guy while suspended or something, right?

What purpose does Sanchez serve in the pen when Bryan Morris is still wasting away in Indy?

72. Ermine says:

Looking at the schedule closer, if it goes seven games, three of the four Mets games get bumped..Thurs, Sat, Sun., also. Does Root televise the 2nd round also?

73. absolute59 says:

Over 1.5 – 100

Over 8.5 -50

Also I didn’t see my name listed but I thought I had played one earlier this year, however can’t remember if I won or lost or what it was for….

74. Frankie says:

Please give me 50 over on 1 and 50 under on 2.
    As always thank you.

75. JRay3 says:

I wish I knew…everyday Sanchez is still with team is a day to long. Too many other deserving guys like Morris who should get roster spot.

76. Brandie says:

Oh Mighty Playoffs,

On line 1, I would like 50 on the over.
    On line 2, I would like 50 on the under.

Thank you very much.

77. JRay3 says:

Sunday is a national TV Broadcast on NBC, so no Root broadcast. I’m not sure if it is the second round or not when the games turn all National in terms of broadcasts. Odd that the NHL is only league where playoff games are not all national tv broadcasts like, NBA, MLB, and NFL and still can be aired by local market cable.

78. Brandie says:

He could not locate his spots even with GPS. Either send him to the minors or cut him.

79. Naje says:

Right… until you check Sanchez’ stats v. Gallardo:

6-16 (.375) with a double, HR and 4 RBIs… plus a BB.

17 attempts?

Seriously?

81. Naje says:

so says baseball reference…he’s been around.

82. Naje says:

Tabata is 4 for 10 with 1 double and 2 walks, 0 RBI.

Now I know why he’s the leader. He bets both ways. :-)

84. cherokee23 says:

100 over #1
    100 under#2

My point was that no manager who uses statistics to make a decision should even think about using a sample size of 17. Complete misunderstanding of the practice.

I’d rather him just say he’s going with his bulbous gut than with a sample size of 17.

86. Joey Mellons says:

Line 1, 75 over
    Line 2, 50 under
    Let’s go bucs.

87. Jason81 says:

Playoffs,

I would like 100 on the OVER for both lines this evening.

Thanks!

88. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

I actually think Cutch will be under, but I just can’t do that

89. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

He is appealling the suspension, so technically, he’s not suspended.

CUT HEM

Milo’s good like that, helping to remember shoulders.

Hey!

92. Naje says:

Cutch is 7 for 24 vs him. Coaches rely on this stuff all the time NMR… familiarity and comfort v. any pitcher is always preferred. Takes a long time to garner a lot of at bats v. a specific pitcher.

+ 1

94. Naje says:

And honestly, every manager has these hitter v. pitcher matchups at the click of a button and use them every day… no matter if there are 6 at bats or 60… they use them every game, every series.

95. pattonbb says:

Lets keep this going. I lose at the window and the Bucs win! My march towards last place continues.

Line 1 – 100 OVER
    Line 2 – 100 UNDER

Thanks Playoffs.

And, Clint’s probably using them in conjunction with his gut.

Mister Playoffs…………

rough weekend for this old Hippo.
    Bad news for all of the lunatics here…………… you guys will be seeing more of me, as I now have oodles of free time……….. today, this Hippo was sent out to pasture at work.

So now, between looking for a new job, I will be perusing this blog more.

Anyway, to the line at hand……………………..

Line 2 — Lets go UNDER.
    Line 1 — Lets go UNDER…………… and hope I am wrong. Cutch has been in a funk, and Milwaukee hasnt been kind to him.

Thank You Good Sir.
    Hippo Out.

Ryan………

are you a closet seamstress?

Cut “Hem” ? ;)

Not so fast, Buster. You have me to contend with.

I’m going with 100 OVER on both lines, please, Playoffs.

100. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Is that a fat joke on Clint?

101. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

HHHEEEEEMMMM

102. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

that “HEM” was with an accent. Kinda like Rob Schneider from WaterBoy, but I can’t use his choice of words.

103. Brandie says:

I am sorry to hear that. You have my best wishes and vibes for better days ahead.

I got the drift of the message though ;-)

105. If you did and I missed it, I apologize.
    For tonite’s game, YOU GOT IT!!

106. I’m sorry to hear that.
    Hope you’re back at work real soon.
    I’ve been there before, and it sucks, but something always comes along.
    I have a feeling the company I work for is going to be sold in the next few months and lord only knows where that will leave me as well.

BTW…how many units you “wagering” on the lines tonight?

See NMR’s post at 6:17 above. I left off the modifier. I actually was being serious. I think he puts all of it together. George Bush went with his gut, and he wasn’t fat.

Oh……… I am a forgetful Hippo tonight.

100 on each line, please. :0

Thank you for the good wishes.

Sometimes the best addition is truly by subtraction. :)

Thank You for the Good Vibes, MIss Brandie.

Any requests tonight?? ;)

I thought you were using an old, Italian “Godfather” type voice there………..

Louie, cut Hem , NOW! ;)

Line 1. 50 Under
    Line 2. 50 Over

Thanks, Sir.

112. blazer says:

Clutch just needed a day off and now ready to go.

I’ll take 100 on both for the over

113. stuart66 says:

100 nomopetals each on #1 for OVER and #2 for Under
    Stuart

114. Boise Bucco says:

Cutch is gettin off the Schneid tonight…

Line 1: 100 on the OVER

LIne 2: 100 on the UNDER

Thanks Playoffs!

115. Brandie says:

Killer Queen by Queen. I really like that song. If not that, then 7 Bridges Road by The Eagles or Highway Star by Deep Purple. Guess I am all over the place tonight.

116. bman says:

@playoffs:

Line 1: 50 on the UNDER
    Line 2: 100 on the UNDER

Thanks!!

Yeah, but you are keeping it in the same genre, at least.

Songs by Tony Bennett, Lady Gaga, Duran Duran and Metallica would have been all over the place. ;)

Oh, and my small problems are truly small compared to the poor folks of Fargo, North Dakota. That poor town is flooding again.

Seems like they have a major flood every year………

119. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

I was kidding

120. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

funny thing is, kinda the same……..eh, who knew?

:-)

122. Brandie says:

We will pray for Fargo. We will also plan our work, work our plan, and we will have better times ahead. :-) Go Plan and Go BUCCOS.

Brandie, I have to think positively.

When someone hires a Hippo, they get tax credits. ;)

124. tcb says:

1 over for 75
    2 under for 50

125. Brandie says:

Dang straight. :-)

126. Dadtackular says:

line one 100 under
    line two 100 over

Lets Go Bucs!

HIPPO HEY !!!

128. JaxBuc says:

Please sir, may I have 25 chords on the UNDER for line 1
    and 25 cords on the OVER for line 2.

I hope to be wrong, but the Miller Park curse has not yet been lifted.

If I’m not too late to the party, line 1 50 on the over
    line 2 50 on the under please

He didn’t bunt !

131. kr70 says:

happy for him, he is a good guy

Braun & Weeks have great career numbers against Juan D..

133. 1-0 lead! Let’s go Wandy.

The count was 3-0 to Aoki before he eventually walked, all three of those pitches were strikes according to both gameday & my eyes.

Man, we need an exorcism……….

136. Already with command issues, and a crushed shot leads to a 2-1 deficit.

137. JHadar says:

House of Horrors

Time to throw at this guy.

(Just kidding)

139. Walk, homer, double, hit the guy!

140. JRay3 says:

Boy I can’t wait til the day when MLB announces Brewers OF Ryan Braun has been suspended for 50 games.

Wandy needs to settle down here…not only do Pirates have fits at Miller so to does Rodriguez.

141. JRay3 says:

Thank you Russell Martin throwing behind Lucroy and Sanchez in position to swipe tag.

PlantheMan, sorry to hear about your Hippo woes. Hopefully, Fate will smile upon you and you will find new employment quickly. Mother Theresa will send up Ave Maria’s for you, my friend

143. Eight series (this being the ninth) and so far we have only won the first game twice. Still early in this one, but even in those two series where we won the first game we won the series. So far 5-2-1 in series played this year.

144. JRay3 says:

Four walks, just unreal…26 pitches / 17 balls.

Good thing Barmes plays such a great shortstop.

146. JRay3 says:

House of horrors…tailor made DP ball could have ended the inning lucky to get one.

147. Taylor made DP ball botched by Barmes, and now the inning still lives and we are now down 3-1. Wandy may have to take an AJ for this game and go until his arm falls off to save the bullpen.

Thanks Jandy.

I will take any Hippo help I can get! ;)

149. SJB says:

Indeed. That’s why we got him.

150. pattonbb says:

Why do we always look like the Bad News Bears up there? Just amazing….

151. Should have just walked him. Don’t care if the pitcher hits good. Rather take my chances with him. 5-1 now.

152. Every series we play in Milwaukee I always say DON’T GET SWEPT.
    Still 2 more games in this series.
    JUST DON’T GET SWEPT.

153. Strike zone appears to be the size of a gnat.

154. SJB says:

Thank god the 1st base official gave the Pirates that out they didn’t get or it might get ugly. ;)

155. They just flashed Wandy’s career numbers at Miller.
    Not Pretty.

Not turning that doubleplay costs them 3 runs.

157. Wandy’s not helping out the cause.

158. JRay3 says:

Well that was a disastrous 38 pitch inning, this team has battled back before I’m just afraid Milwaukee will keep piling on.

You’ll be surprised :)

160. I thought we got rid of Ian Snell? Wandy let things get under his skin way too quick that inning and it hurt him and the team. 1-0 lead turns into 4 run deficit and against a guy we generally don’t hit well. Pick up your pitcher offense!

Doesn’t ROOT have a darts tournament to switch to ?

162. Very true, but still.

163. JRay3 says:

3-7 with 5.88 ERA….and rising.

Isnt he the plus-plus fielder?

165. The Gunner says:

Barmes continues to impress

166. SJB says:

If darts got higher ratings than Pirates baseball I wouldn’t blame them.

167. The Gunner says:

I think Ian pitches for the Bucs tomorrow night.

Yikes!

As an aside, I do see a friend of mine in the crowd.

Look for the lady in the blue low-cut blouse right above the “com” in the Brewers.com sign behind home plate. She is the one with the scorecard.

169. The Gunner says:

Monday. NIght Raw or Dallas is an option.

170. Watch the late break on all Gallardo’s pitches.
    Everyone is getting on top and then rolling over on his pitches tonight.
    If he keeps the late drop action up all night, it’s gonna be along game.

171. How was Barmes’ bobble NOT and ERROR? Boggles the mind these scorekeepers these days.

172. SJB says:

What are the odds Barmes hits into a double play as well?

LOL My hubby noticed her immediately ;)

174. When scoring you never assume the double play. Had they not gotten the runner out at first, then it would have been an error.

175. SJB says:

Because he kept the ball from getting past him.

176. Or at least when I played in high school, that is what I was always told.

177. With Jay Bell on this staff, these guys should be expert at the bunt. He could lay down some good ones.

Her name is Amy, She is a huge Brewer fan. Keeps score every game.

Kinda hard to miss…………

179. Good night to have HD ;)

180. Sorry, forgot that he got at least one out. Blind rage of this game so far has lead me to think we didn’t get anyone out. Thanks for keeping me straight. I might need to start drinking tonight.

181. mlrgenuine says:

It isn’t an error because the got one out. You can’t assume the double play for purposes of scoring errors.

182. Thanks. see the comment from above. My bad.

Start drinking slow so you make it all the way thru the game ;)

In honor of Gallardo, I started the game $*&#faced.

From far away, HD is great.

Up close, you see all the pimples and stuff.

Be careful what you wish for………………….. as an example, Hippos dont translate to HD very well……..

186. It’s all good man. Just remember, it’s a long season. Even if we get swept here, we’re still gonna be over 500 on the year.

The whole 54-54-54 deal comes into play tonite.
    This is just one of those 54 you aren’t gonna win.

187. SJB says:

I’m watching the FOX feed from Milwaukee. There’s some drunk idiot close to Marte and right in the microphone yelling all kinds of crap at him so loud you can barely hear the announcers. Now I’m sure at PNC you’d be tossed for yelling anything at a player on either team repetitively like that. Gotta hate those fans and that team.

188. JD says:

She’s the only reason I’m still watching!

189. I have a saying…Good from far, but far from good.

191. JD says:

Good plan Jandy. I’m on my 2nd martini.

+ 1,000,000,000,000 8-)

I am on soft drinks tonight…iced tea for me…sorry lol

ehh..hubby keeps switching the channel to Texas Car Wars…ugh

ZING!

196. JRay3 says:

14 RBI’s in 43 AB’s for Sanchez, that is a pace of 160+ RBI’s in 500 AB’s.

197. Bob Hasis says:

Time after time CH proves he knows NOTHING about managing. Everyone conceded that MacDonald played very well yesterday – and his reward is a seat on the bench in favor of Barmes, who just lost any momentum we may have gained by an inning ending DP.

She is from Oshkosh. Local legend. Used to pay my rent to her when I was a renter. Always made sure I personally delivered the check.

She has over 10k followers on twitter. Front Row Amy she is called.

That’s what I’m thinking, too. It’s CH’s fault we’re down 5-1.

Look out Hack Wilson!

Imagine that, a drunk at Miller Park.

202. JD says:

Way to go OshKosh! I wouldn’t mind renting something from her either.

The irony of DUI boy pitching in a stadium named after a brewing company for a team called Brewers.

First offense DUI in Wisconsin is not a criminal charge. Merely a citation..like speeding. Behold the power of the Wisconsin Tavern League.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Pirates have been on the road the whole season?

205. Where have you gone Donny Robinson? Why can’t we get pitchers to hit HRs instead of watching three pitches to K? 6-2 now.

Man, this is bad.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day, I guess.

207. Great HR #3 crushed and now 7-2.

208. JRay3 says:

You know it’s bad when Jonathan Sanchez is warming in the pen.

209. JRay3 says:

+1….my favorite Pirate pitcher as a kid.

Jonathan Sanchez getting loose. What happens if you bean someone while you’re appealing a suspension ? I mean, let’s face it, he has no idea where it’s going. Could happen. Might be the only reason to keep watching.

211. The Gunner says:

oh boy, here comes J. Sanchez. Clint must be waving the white flag

212. Good night all. Can’t take this one tonight. Hope the Bucs make me wish I stayed by going ballistic on Gallardo.

213. pattonbb says:

LOL…things should get interesting now.

Good thing he appealed that suspension. Otherwise, Clint would not have a sacrificial lamb to throw out there.

215. radio wave says:

+100

216. radio wave says:

I was wondering if you had gone to the game tonight.

Most important thing for the rest of this game is to get McCutchen going.

Hoping to go tomorrow night, Radio Wave.

219. Eric Bowser says:

Until they beat the Brewers, none of the other games really matter to me.

Get over it already….

220. Bob Hasis says:

How can you think if you can’t read?

If he gets thrown out tonight…does he have to make a second appeal???

222. Eric Bowser says:

I mean, seriously. Can someone throw inside, high & tight.

Brewers are just feeling comfortable, no fear, and boom.

223. Frankie says:

Sanchez’s last game as a Pirate….

Bernie Brewer just asked for time.

225. JD says:

Can Sanchez suspension be bumped to 6 months?

226. Bob Hasis says:

Oh that’s right – Wandy made out the lineup card!

No, he gets a decoder ring. ;)

228. JRay3 says:

This is a colossal epic failure by management to continue to keep Sanchez around, he is an embarrassment. When do they admit their mistake and recall Morris or any other pitcher down in Indy.

And now on a night when someone needs to go down, this guy’s afraid to come anywhere near anyone.

231. JRay3 says:

Hysterical

Off to bed…4am comes much too quickly…night!

ZING!

Night, Miss Jandy.

The epic fail is if he’s still here tomorrow. I don’t think he will be. Contreras will be ready tomorrow. They should seriously have him pitch the rest of the game & then tell him goodbye. It’s just like a complete game.

I wonder if the Brewers would trade the chorizo sausage from the race for Sanchez. Or maybe the sausages could get revenge for Randall Simon on him.

237. twentytwo22 says:

This Brewers phobia needs to end with this series. They have already clinched a .500 roadtrip. They have to overcome they’re timidity against the Brewers and the Brewers arrogance against them. Pitching, defense, hitting leaves them. They play a better brand of baseball against better teams with more traditon than the Milwaukee F—— Brewers. They have 2 free games to flip the script. This is embarrassing.

238. JRay3 says:

Since 2007 the Pirates are 7-44 at Miller Park how is that feasible? you are correct the team just forgets how to pitch, play defense and hit. At this point the Brewers just have a psychological choke hold on the Bucs.

If there is anyone on this blog who would like to see them turn it around in Milwaukee, it is me. Only time I get to personally see the Pirates is in that horror house!

2 ways Milwaukee tortures us………….

1) Brewers own Pirates.
    2) Selig gave us Coonelly.

Cant decide which is worse…………… ;)

241. Chuck H says:

Once again, Clint Hurdle doesn’t get it that a pitcher, even a reliable one like Wandy,
    has a bad outing now and then. He should have pulled him out in the first inning, when the score was 5 to 1. When we still had a chance to win another game. Clint has to learn when a pitcher doesn’t have his composure. I know we can’t win them all, but we really need a smarter manager.

242. Yes, because using the bullpen for 8+ innings for the second time in 4 games is what a “smart” manager would do.

243. Meh, at least it won’t be a 20-0 loss.
    Still got 2 more to go.
    Still 4 games over .500
    Still only need to win 67 more to have a winning season.
    Not looking to find a bridge tonite.

244. It’s just one game in April.
    I’m not gonna have a hernia over it.

245. Lad9 says:

Plan
    Been where you are and it is no fun. Now with a company that reorgs every damn year so I never know what is coming. But I do know that if they tell me my services are no longer required that I will come out of it better somehow. As I am certain you will; after all Hippos rule! Stay positive!

Thank You so much.

I will be ok…………… after all, I wouldnt trade being a Hippo for anything! ;)

247. JRay3 says:

Very true, going to finish the month of April above .500 which is best start in many years and will be at or near top of division with one month down. Just not our night, hope to get a gem out of JMac tomorrow.

248. Ghost says:

Peee~yuuuuuu (any suggestions on a better way to spell that?)

Just flush this one down the commode and focus on tomorrow. Still can add one more victory to April’s impressive win total. Who throws for us tomorrow? McDonald? If so it could be a season-defining outing for him.
    Make it happen, James.

249. Bob Hasis says:

AW, do you turn on the light en route to the bathroom in the middle of the night, or do you just grope along in the darkness, as with everything else you do?

250. UNDER / UNDER once again is a WINNER / WINNER

One game left in the month!

Congrats to theplanisworking – the new Clubhouse Leader!

CURRENT PARTICIPANT TOTALS