Final: Pirates 5, Cubs 4

Looking ahead to first pitch …

Game: Pirates (26-18) vs. Chicago Cubs (18-25)

Starters: LHP Wandy Rodriguez vs. RHP Matt Garza

Time: 7:05 p.m.

Site: PNC Park

TV, radio: Root Sports, 93.7 The Fan

Here’s the official live box score.

Here’s the Pirates’ lineup …

1. Jose Tabata, RF
  2. Neil Walker, 2B
  3. Andrew McCutchen, CF
  4. Garrett Jones, RF
  5. Russell Martin, C
  6. Pedro Alvarez, 3B
  7. Gaby Sanchez, 1B
  8. Clint Barmes, SS
  9. Rodriguez, LHP

Here’s TribLIVE’s Pirates page. Rob Biertempfel is covering.

Comments

Been waiting to post this all afternoon. A Pirate fans mind does not have to wander very far…

2. TK says:

Why are there two right fielders?

Tabby is starting in left.

4. Dom says:

Why is Jones’ nick name the legend?

Welcome back Pirates!

Because he started out on fire once he was called up, and he was older. A connection with ” The Natural. “

7. TK says:

It’s not the legend.

It’s “The Legend”.

He was a minor league free agent pickup when the team was really bad. Started hitting a lot of home runs.

Couldn’t name him “The Natural”, so they nicknamed him “The Legend”.

I’d curse you in French, but I don’t know French.

9. Playoffs by 2012 says:

TUESDAY GAME LINE

Max “wager” is 100 units on any single line.
    All “wagers” must be in multiples of 5 units.
    Play as few or as many lines as you’d like.
    As always, this is for fun and entertainment purposes.

Tonight’s Line
    Total RUNNERS LEFT ON BASE by the Pirates in tonight’s game
    Line is 9.5

Good Luck!!

10. Patrick says:

I was going to jump into the hockey string, till i saw this;

Uncategorized comments (387)

MMyyyaah…I’ll wait for the Pirates thread, thanks.

Was in attendance for the disappointing loss to the Astros over the weekend. Shame another AJ start was essentially wasted. But at least I got a free bobblehead.

Anyone got an over/under and Soriano’s combined errors and homeruns tonight? I’m thinking 2.5 is a good start…

11. Patrick says:

All the french I know is from Pepe’ LePew.

So if TC was a cat the best I could do is sexually harass him….

Thank you for that. All you have to do is change a couple names …

13. Maudissez-vous

I don’t know any language including English but:

Babylon.com

We need it on our desktop here.

I’m gonna go 100 on the UNDER. Thats a lot of LOB’S.

15. Karen22 says:

100 on the UNDER, merci!

Gaby Sanchez once again getting the start against a RHP he’s absolutely manhandled to the tune of 4 hits in 10 at-bats spread over the last three years.

Just in case anyone has been keeping track at home, Sanchez is now hitting .175/.333/.300 over 54 PAs against righties on the season.

Jose Tabata: .333/.418/.479 over 55 PAs
    Travis Snider: .283/.349/.404 over 109 PAs

54 at bats is too small a sample size. :)

18. Dom says:

100 on the under

19. Lad9 says:

100 on the under please Playoffs. Thank you. Go Buccos!

I had French bread this morning, if that counts……..

Why I thought you’d never ask!

For their careers against RHP…

Sanchez .245/.315/.395 1275 PA
    Snider .254/.319/.420 966 PA
    Tabata .278/.339/.375 958 PA

Poor KC fans.

I said before the year that the best thing NH could do is not trade away any assets before the next guy comes in.

Dayton couldn’t even manage to succeed at doing that.

I didn’t really.

Excellent.

The thought no Pirates fan dares think (and the fear of the front office):

What if Cole and Taillon get here and suck ?

26. Nate83 says:

That was kind of a nice gotcha set up but unfortunately the pay off is Snider having stats just slightly better then Sanchez. Not exactly indefensible for Hurdle to start Sanchez.

27. JRay3 says:

Good afternoon to the window…great day for some baseball after a productive off day which saw the Cardinals lose and the Bucs pick up a half a game.

As for today’s line…I’m going to have to side with the Pirates cashing in a bit on Garza’s first start back and plating some runs tonight.

100 on the UNDER

Thanks and Let’s Go Bucs!

28. Nate83 says:

50 on the over. Does’t Garza struggle with control a little bit. I’m too lazy to look it up.

29. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Excellent read. Thanks for sharing that.

30. Joey Mellons says:

100 on the under.

No gotcha involved, Nate. Milo had an excellent point.

And before getting all defensive, I never questioned Hurdle. We both know where each other stands.

All I’m doing is tracking the results. Aren’t you interested?

32. Patrick says:

Honest question: Does the platooning in RF/1b have much to do with keeping all players involved to determine who stays and who goes (if any) in July? I get the platooning, but usually its a rightie/leftie thing. Would it be a home/road more than rightie/leftie?

So basically I don’t get Sanchez starting tonight either…

33. TK says:

100 on the UNDER please.

Platoon specifically refers to a batter facing a pitcher of the opposing hand.

Seems fairly clear that Clint sees Gaby as more than a platoon player.

35. Nate83 says:

I don’t like Hurdle so maybe you don’t know where I stand.

+ 1

100 on the Under, I will follow AW’s lead and wisdom on this one

Welcome Lunatics, if you don’t see your current location below, please add a reply to this post

Dejan’s Lunatic Nation – at the Trib,
    Afghanistan – skeetermc*
    Arizona – Tucson, Chandler, Phoenix, Sunnyslope, Davis-Monthan AFB*
    Arkansas – Rogers
    Alaska – Anchorage
    Australia – Mackay
    Brazil – Vitoria
    California – Bakersfield, San Francisco, UNION CITY, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Hollywood, Huntington Beach, Yuba City, Solana Beach, Yorba Linda, Yuba City*, Edwards*, Long Beach, Modesto, Davis, Santa Monica, Solana Beach, Canyon Country
    Canada – Toronto, Winnipeg, Moncton – New Brunswick, Ontario – Muskoka
    China – Beijing
    Colorado – Ft Collins, Estes Park*, Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs
    Connecticut – Cos Cob, Bridgeport, Wallingford, Norwalk, NEWTOWN
    Costa Rica
    Czech Republic
    Delaware – Newark
    Denmark – Greenland – Thule*
    District of Columbia
    Florida – Palm Harbor, Orlando, Valrico, Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Oviedo, Tampa, Jacksonville, Sarasota, Palm Beach Gardens, Cape Coral, Coco Beach (Major Nelson and Mary Ann), Niceville (Red Neck Rivera), St Petersburg, Pembroke Pines, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach Gardens, Hallandale Beach
    Georgia – Marietta, Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Acworth
    Germany – Leverkusen/Cologne
    Hawaii – Honolulu
    Idaho – Mountain Home, Coer d’Aline, Mountain Home AFB*
    Indiana – Indianapolis, Burns Harbor, South Bend, Bicknell, Ft Wayne, Westfield
    Iowa – Bettendorf, Humboldt
    Illinois – La Salle, Peru, Payson, Chicago, Palatine (3 inmates there), Lincoln Park, Grayslake, Algonquin, Chicago, Naperville
    Japan – Tokyo
    Kentucky – Louisville, Bowling Green, Lexington, Georgetown
    Kuwait – Relyks76*
    Louisiana – Slidell
    Maine – Bangor
    Maryland – Arnold, Odenton, Severn, Baltimore, Waldorf, Hagerstown, Chevy Chase, Hampstead, Elkridge, Frederick
    Massachusetts – Boston, Tyngsboro, East Gloucester*, 617 Strong*
    Mecca – Slienmann*
    Michigan – Kalamazoo, Eaton Rapids, Lansing, Ann Arbor
    Minnesota – Yinzer
    Mississippi – Biloxi
    Missouri – St Peters***
    Montana
    Nebraska – Omaha
    New Hampshire – Barrington
    New Jersey – Chesterfield, Princeton, Roxbury, Lebanon, Lincoln Park, Berkeley Heights, Somerville, Hammock, Barrington, Delran, Pennsville, Hammonton, Mullica Hills
    New Mexico – Mike, Albequeque, blazer
    New York – New York, Smithtown, Manhattan, Long Island, Nyack, Brooklyn, Buffalo
    Nevada, Las Vegas
    North Carolina – Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Chapel Hill, High Point
    Ohio – Cincinnati, Columbiana, Westerville, Green, Hilliard, Toledo, Louisville, Columbus, Perrysburg, Pickerington, Youngstown, Cleveland, Olmsted Township, Liberty Township, Warren, Oregon, Wintersville, Austintown, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base*, New Philadelphia, Powell, Canton, Salem, New Albany, Bloomingdale, Powell, Howland, Grafton

Pennsylvania – Downtown, Hopewell, Indiana, North Wales, Franklin Park, Forest Hills, Lansdale, Philadelphia, Du Bois, Reading, Crafton, Arnold, Wexford, Mt Lebanon, Canonsburg, Lancaster, Huntington, York, Boiling Springs, Philly suburbs, Morningside, Harrisburg, Lawrenceville, Bradfordwoods, Norristown, Hanover, Clearfield, Sewickley, DuBois, Plum Boro, Slippery Rock, Wilkes-Barre, Sharpsville, Bessemer, Greensburg, Washington, Imperial, South Side, Duncansville, Newville, Sheppton, Grove City, Butler, Allentown, Ross Township, Blairsville, Flood City (Johnstown), Overbrook, Danny’s Hoagies, Baldwin, Economy, Sharpsville, Erie, North Huntington, Bellfonte, West Mifflin, Kennywood, Pleasant Hills, Beechview (Mad Turk, No 200), Macgunie, Mechanicsburg, Uptown, Cambria County, Mon Valley, Salisbury, Coraopolis, Emsworth, Cranberry Twp, Garrett, O’Hara Township, McCandless Township, 115 Federal Street, Bethel Park, Harrison City, Penn Hills, Kittanning, Dover, Lebanon, Upper St Clair, Rennerdale, Oakland, Scranton, Moon (RMU), State College, Erie, Penn Twp, Stowe, Elizabeth, Hermitage, Easton, Carlisle, Finleyville, Belle Vernon, Madison, Sellersville, Waynesburg, Warren, Beaver Falls, Chambersburg, Green Castle, East Freedom, Leechburg, Banksville City, Ellwood City (named after one of the Blues Brothers??), Hollidaysburg, Bethlehem, Mars, Verona, Phillipsburg, Phoenixville, Hippos Pond, Oil City, Verona, Hookstown
    The Philipines
    Rhode Island
    Singapore
    South Carolina – Duncan, Longs, Columbia, Bluffton, Greensville, Charleston
    South Korea – Seoul, Mike
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Tennessee – Smithville, Nashville
    Texas – Tyler, San Antonio, Belton, Houston, Katy, Plano, El Paso, Cedar Park
    Utah – Salt Lake City, Provo
    Vermont – North Bennington
    Virginia – JAL, Hampton, Rescue, Richmond, Front Royal, Woodbridge, Suffolk, Warrenton, Springfield*, Virginia Beach, Fairfax, Arlington, Yorktown, Henrico, Aldie, Manassas, Newport News, Clifton, Glen Allen
    Washington – Seattle, Nine Mile Falls, Spokane, Sammamish
    West Virginia – Martinsburg, Morgantown, Wheeling, Mt Olivet
    Wisconsin – Madison, Oshkosh, Hortonville
    Wyoming – Caspar, Lander
    Unknown – killa_cam7*

354 locations represented in the blog,
    Lunatic Nation Hall of Fame, people that have, in our opinion, made a difference, either thru talent or character or deeds.
    Nominations are always welcome
    Any Allegheny, Pirate, Crawford, Gray, Steeler or Penguin player in the League’s Hall of Fame, although if Jagr makes it some day, we gotta talk
    Stan “The Man”, from Donora
    Chuck Tanner
    Dick Groat, the best darn multi-athelete and announcer from Wilkinsburg
    Steve Blass
    Danny Murtaugh
    First Responders***
    18 countries
    45 states, plus the District of Columbia, missing 5 states, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alabama, Kansas and Oklahoma
    Two planets, at least confirmed, and the Space Station
    Honorable mention, England – London – Lisa
    “Terrorists will always lose in America, the sooner they figure out, the better”- truer words have never been spoken
    Asterisks denote confirmed hero’s, military, police officers or firemen/ladies
    5/21/2013 5:07 PM

39. cmat0829 says:

100 UNDER, por favor

How bout we add Oklahoma City?

Even though it seems we are adding too many places for things like that

41. Brandie says:

Thank you for the post. It is everything that I have felt as a Pirates fan for a long time. Then, to be so agonizingly close to relevance only to have it blown for 2 years in a row…This team does have a different feel to it though.

42. Jason81 says:

100 on the UNDER please!

It could happen. Then, we hope for Glasnow, and Heredia, and etc., I guess.

I feel really good about Polanco to make for a ridiculous OF – maybe the best in the MLB in a long time.

44. Brandie says:

Dear Mr. Fantasy,

Whoops…I meant Playoffs…May I please have 75 units on the under?

Thank you!

45. Brandie says:

It’s now over 500.

I’m not tracking this to judge Hurdle. He’s far from the first to manage like this.

I’m tracking to see if it is helping or hurting the Pirates.

47. Brandie says:

Please add…send prayers, vibes, love, anything…Town has a lot of healing to do.

48. Frankie says:

Give me 100 on the under…Thanks

Yes, I think Clint sees Gaby as more than just a 1/3 of the time starter and late inning replacement/PH. Righties don’t get as many starts in a platoon, and CH seems bent on getting Sanchez 300 ABs. If the hitting vs. righties does not improve, he would need to change his thought process. But, will he is the question?

50. Ghost says:

DK got accosted in French by a bum on the street today, if that counts.

BRANDIE !!!

52. OZ says:

100 on the under, thx

53. Ghost says:

Maybe add places like Oklahoma for a month at a time as honorary locales. Otherwise, we’ll be like folks holding onto a grudge over lost kin (“…Remember when they got our lads?… ) and the grudge being cited occurred back in 1826 or whatever.

This is the second time Moore, OK has been hit by a massive tornado.
    Think it happened in 1999 also.

Simply tragic.

I think we add OKC on its own.
    I humbly add the Jersey Shore due to Sandy.

I dont want to see Hippos Pond ever have any natural disasters!
    (But that really happened in 2011) ………. :(

55. Brandie says:

Hipposter!!!!! What’s going down?

Just swimming around.
    Good to see you.

I will be around, and be back on the thread here later. :)

57. Naje says:

They’re 26-18….is that working so far?

58. Naje says:

NMR and Nate83:
    A great pre-game interview today with Hurdle, re: matchups and several other things. Can’t post it here… maybe RB will have it up on this site.

59. Playoffs by 2012 says:

Mr. Fantasy!
    That’s a good one. Mrs. Playoffs begs to differ.

Good idea, you all can help me remember to do so

61. radio wave says:

Playoffs: I will take 50 on the under for tonight’s line.

Added, I like it, some places should stay indefinitely though, IMO

Like Newtown, that is something you will never forget, or want to leave your heart

+ a whole lot more than I can count……..

64. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

100 on the under

65. blazer says:

I wish to place 100 on the under please!

Mr. Playoffs……….

I would like the following……..

100 Hairy, Hopeless, Humble, Heretic Hippos on the UNDER.

(Notice the a,e,i,o,u). ;)

Thanks.

67. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Isn’t Snider a little banged up? Maybe just giving him an extra day. Strange to see Gabby in the 7 hole though.

Anyone want to see Iginla in the Bucs lineup tonight? ;)

69. Brandie says:

Yes. I would pay through the nose to see that, as long as he plays…wait for it…Right Field.

70. Jason81 says:

Only if Hurdle uses him properly. :D

Hahahahaha!!!!!

I am gonna burn for this thread, but since I am such a large Hippo, i will keep folks warm for a long time!

72. Brandie says:

You must have superior vision to see through the Internet to see me!

73. Brandie says:

We kid because we love…:-)

74. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

I was going the other way, thinking they won’t even get 9 hits/walks let alone be able to strand them.

Brandie, dont make me swim over there……

Awwwww thanks Brandie.

Maybe we can start an adopt-a-Hippo program?? ;)

77. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

May 3rd, 1999.

I was there. Not in Moore, but south of there where the tornado’s started. There were 3 that came together as one and destroyed Moore and surrounding towns.

78. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Depends on what his average is against a RHP

79. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

Please add. I have many friends in the area, also in Kansas where tornados touched down the day before. Its tough, I hate tornados.

And I dont know what his WAR is either………….. ;)

81. Brandie says:

Are you going to turn the Internet around if I don’t behave?

Worse…… I will sit on your Internet…….. ;)

83. JaxBuc says:

Please sir, may I have 50 Garzas on the UNDER?

84. Nor Cal Stlrfanrc (Ryan) says:

And I remember that day like it was yesterday….My son, who is now 14, was in the bath tub with his mother with a mattress over them, dog running around trying to get him in the tub also…

I was……in the back yard talking with a neighbor, watching the top of a tornado go around our base…..drinking a cold one, until the baseball size hail started dropping down. It was crazy.

85. JaxBuc says:

We’ve already got two guys listed in RF. Kind of like the Pens, eh?

My son and his family lived outside Orlando, Hurricanes were always a worry, now they live in Austin, TX

Crap, most usually only snow to worry about in the Burgh…

Another reason I will never leave here

Where does Sid want him to play?

Kidding, Sid wants to win, plain and simple

If I could spell irreverent, which I think means just being silly, I would post it

90. bman says:

@playoffs

100 on the UNDER please

Its a good thing to just be silly at times ;-)

92. Something to make us all happy.

93. cherokee23 says:

100 under

Indianapolis lost to Pawtucket 9-8 today. Tony Sanchez made 3 errors giving him 8 for the season.

95. Ready for the big show.

any idea if they were throwing errors, passed balls……

8 errors, that’s a lot for a month and a half.

Did he have a lot of errors last year?

One was an overthrow of 2nd on a steal attempt & the other two were errant pickoff throws. The good news is he was 2 for 2 and he’s hitting .310.

98. John Lease says:

Thank you for sharing that, I had to post it to Facebook.

99. John Lease says:

Because Greg Brown is a tremendously hacky, shouting cruddy broadcaster.

See-The Fort, GI Jones, Marte Parte, etc.

This may sound stupid (duh), but those kind of errors don’t worry me so much. If he’s being too aggressive, that can easily be fixed.

Agreed.

At least he is showing agressiveness by the pickoff throws.
    More of that is needed in the organization.

102. John Lease says:

Wandy isn’t wasting any time in crapping the bed. Garza probably has never had a 2 rbi game in his life.

I see a Sid-Cutch-Iginla OF. ;)

Fire Byls…………. ;)

104. Keith says:

100 on the under, I guess, even though the game has started and I’m already a little sad.

Oh well, at least there’s hockey & basketball on.

Double Yikes and Yoi!

107. Brandie says:

And Double Yoi! Kind of hard when you forget how to pitch. Hope he can recover.

108. Officer Mancuso says:

A relatively rare major early lapse by a 2013 Pirates starter not named Sanchez. That I can type that with a straight face tells you something about a medium-term change in this organization. That it comes against the Cubs is annoying. Plenty of time left for the Buc bats to answer in kind.

Me also.

110. Officer Mancuso says:

You can and did. This is an omen. Of what, I know not, but I’m dusting off my resume just in case it’s of my firing!

111. Let’s change the mojo here and state that Garza is pitching a NO-HITTER against the Bucs. If the baseball gods are listening and watching, they will correct this next inning. Go Bucs!

Matt Garza has more RBI’s than the entire Pirates pitching staff, and he did it with one at bat.

When they tally up the attendance, do they count the dogs ?

114. Reading says:

I wonder how dude’s 90 pitch limit will work out? Starting the trend from previous years where no hitters against the Pirates are lasting past the three inning point.

Hahahahahaha!

I have 3 friends there tonight with their dogs.

Pup night……….. does that mean they get free hot dogs?

Dancing with the Stars champion is crowned tonight.

The game’s a dog.

Funny, but if Garza was with the Pirates he’d be pitching this no hitter in Pawtucket.

119. Brandie says:

Sounds like it’s a rough time at the old ball yard.

Sounds like the game went to the dogs……….. ;)

121. Reading says:

About time.

122. Reading says:

A hit right now would work

Juan D should teach the other pitchers how to bunt. Perfect bunt.

124. Reading says:

A gap shot to plate two runs? Nooooooooooo! A grounder that scores nobody. A classic malaise game from years past.

125. His defense has never been in question, really. He was better in Low A than some on the ML level.

His head and his bat needed to catch up.

Already 7 LOB’s. Wow, was I wrong.

Didnt they have 18LOB’s last week?

128. Brandie says:

Need to get bit back from them. This isn’t fetch!

Dale Svuem has to lose that half assed pull over wind breaker he wears.

131. Brandie says:

Waiting for our boys to play responsible, offense based baseball. Don’t want to end this night with a loss, or the sentiment…Sometimes you’re filet mignon, sometimes you’re Hamburger Helper. Down,t be Hamburber Helper!

132. Brandie says:

Or Hamburger Helper!

The Terry Francona model.

…….or Hippo Helper! ;)

He looks like the equipment guy, not the manager.

136. Brandie says:

The Francona…Only from Sears.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the Holy Water!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand slam for the Lunch box :)

139. Lunch box does it 5-3 Buccos!!!!

Never doubt Hurdle.

Pushing all the right buttons.

“Travis Snider sucks.” (Several major league scouts)

142. J Walter Weatherman says:

I wonder if Barmes would’ve hit a GS there.

I was tellin hubby that…

Well, that cleared the bases!

145. Reading says:

The echoes have been awakened. My purpose has been served. You’re welcome. Enjoy the rest of the game.

Did you perform a miracle there?????? ;)

If Matt Garza was with the Pirates Indianapolis would have just fallen behind ! :)

WOOT!

4th outfielder hits a 4-bagger. ;)

150. Dripping with power.

wow, the SHORTSTOP just made an error ;)

He sure was for that one ;)

Do you mean “buffet line” ?? ;)

That homeless guy on Ottawa is looking for DK

are you sure its power??? ;) :)

156. Patrick(ri) says:

If they don’t cut this sort of thing out, Neal is gonna keep his day job.

Honestly, I did tell him thru the television to smack one out of there…

who cares if he’s smackin homers? :)

Mais oui .

160. Officer Mancuso says:

People whose dads played varsity high school football know to stick around till the game’s over, “Milo”.

lol is he spitting french epithets??

162. How about another Granny this inning!! Come on Cutch!!

beats smacking me with your :thwaps: anyday………. ;)

164. J Walter Weatherman says:

Cutch is dialed in

165. Brandie says:

We are filet mignon now! No more Hamburger Helper. We’re Movin’ on Up, just like The Jeffersons!

don’t be dissin the guy who gave us the lead :P

Thanks Weezie! ;)

169. J Walter Weatherman says:

but no luck tonight

170. Officer Mancuso says:

Would you like to revise and extend your remarks?

lol mere love taps ;)

10 LOB so far, still at least 2 more innings to go.
    Just imagine the score if we got some of those in !

high fallutin’ ;)

heck even half of them

Has anyone checked to see if Juan D. is smiling yet?

How you doin Brandie girl?

177. Officer Mancuso says:

Nice to see peeps whose entire persona is ”
    Mock the Pirates publicly shown to be fools.

178. Brandie says:

Dripping with sarcasm…

Really nice play by Pedro and Gaby.

Dorktards

To whom are you referring to, Officer?

182. J Walter Weatherman says:

I like the decision to put Wilson in the bullpen this year, but I’m still holding out hope that he’ll turn into a starter. He has electric stuff when he’s under control.

good to the last drip

and don’t be hatin’ on Barmes, he had a nice hit this evening

+ 1, thanks for sharing

Yes, I am a big drip……..
    what’s your point?

Are you here to entertain yourself or just bore the rest of us ? You’re succeeding in at least half of that equation.

Its good to see you here, Sir Ossifer

that’s Mr. Occifer to you, Hippo :P

Is it just me, or does it that when opponents do hit off Wilson, they hit it right up the middle?

Bucs don’t seem to ever give up so far

Chemistry? Minus McGehee? Or are they eating sushi?

I told you about points before, Hipposter my friend :P

I’m going to quit checking in on the game threads. Poster here who has taken shots at me in the past and now continues with others I like here on the blog.

PS, I’m starting a Snider Bus trip/wagon

That kid is OK in my book, easy to pull for

OshKosh…why leave what you enjoy because some dorktard is being an a$$?
    Doing that allows them to “win”. Just do as i do…
    :yawn:

ok, who is Top Cat?????? ;)

I’ll get on that wagon

^^^^^ What Jandy said.

Dont leave because someone is trolling for trouble.
    Thats what people like that specialize in.

Stick around, enjoy the fun, ignore the as^

Earlier tonight I was scrolling up & down the TV channels searching for the Penguins game. Wanted to see what the score was.

True story

from what I’m seein, the Ossifer isn’t the top cat…unless you call alley cats top cats

If it is a VW Bus, I am in! ;)

203. Brandie says:

Old Hanna Barber a Cartoon. Top Cat was the leader of a gang of cats that liked to pull done on people. Nemesis was Officer Dibble.

204. Officer Mancuso says:

Likewise!

LOL!!!!

Too many fleas! ;)

Butt out Ossifer. We like friends in here. quit rockin the blog

Loved that cartoon!

Pull my finger.

209. Officer Mancuso says:

Where’s Milo?

Winning should make us happy. And get along

211. Brandie says:

Happy to be here, Jandy. What’ s going down?

well then I be Dibble

ewwwwwww

I answered you before. Get with the program.

never mind where Milo is.

217. Brandie says:

Don’t let the pot stirrers do you in. Besides, I like coming here and enjoy reading your posts.

LOL TC, an extra day off and you’re all messed up :P

Biz
    You do know who doesn’t think much of Travis Snider, right ?

:-)

But make sure your wagon picks up that homeless guy on Ottawa

Jandy, you are funny!

Precisely. And if Ossifer doesn’t cut the crap well, Mother Theresa is gonna put a hex on him.

well, Hipposter my friend I am seriously getting sick and tired of immature posters being a$$munches and ruining it for people who enjoy the blog. So enough is enough. grow up dorktards or get out…door is over there ~~~~~~~>

223. Nice to see Soriano being himself and dropping the ball there on Martin’s flyball. Get him in Gaby!

Milo is staying here, despite your best efforts to attack him and chase him away.
    Pirates are winning………… cant you enjoy that?
    Its ok to poke fun at things, but you are going over the line with your constant attacks.

DK has even said, dont attack other posters, attack him (DK).

Hippo out.

happy to see my good friends here :)

Agreed TC.

Its not easy to get along with a Hippo, but I try. ;)

227. Brandie says:

Like…We must remember…this is not high school. Reading the posts has made me a more informed fan. I appreciate everyone’s efforts. If we have a few who revel in drama, that’s unfortunate.

Mr. Milo, I know you dont need me to stick up for you, but dont let anyone chase you away.

Stay here, get a popcorn, and enjoy! :D

Hippo…you git yer Hippo butt back here

Bon Jour !!!!!!! ;)

Only thing I revel in is the Pond! ;)

233. Man seems to have a problem of some kind.

But Jandy, I cant fit thru the door. I am a Hippo! ;)

Unfortunate? maybe…immature and ill – advised…for darn sure.

The grounds crew head honcho keeps meeting with the umpire between innings. There’s a storm approaching.

Yes’m. :)

Man? Not unless he acts like one….needs to grow the fack up

239. Thank you, Rodney King.

:D

lol

you’re not being an a$$ Hipposter lol

I’m usually more like Rodney Dangerfield

Ba-Da-Bing !!!!!!

No, that would be Drew…”Take my wife…PLeASE!”

yikes

Yes, but I DO have a big one !!! ;)

250. Brandie says:

Don’t make me get out the black woman voodoo.

No, I don’t know, once again clueless

I didn’t like the timing of the pickup

But I like the kid

When he hit the plate, he looked like he had done it several times before

Also liked the story in the other paper about what he’s all about

Did not mean to ruffle any feathers

Or take the poodles, please

The guy, Drew, has a heart made of gold, IMO

253. Brandie says:

All Aboard The Silver Snider Express. He, so far, is not who we thought he was.

that’s fine, as long as you’re not causing trouble or pulling fingers ;P

if any feathers are ruffled over that…they need plucked ;)

256. Brandie says:

Or are they love :thwaps: ?

amen…as do most of the posters here…but Drew is indeed special :)

as many are special.

Man, these Cubbies are defensively challenged tonight

260. Brandie says:

If suck means producing great offense, then, by all means, I hope he sucks the Pirates into the playoffs.

I think the lightning gave it away.

loved the story in the other paper

Or, as in my case, spatial…….. ;)

264. Brandie says:

Great! I hope they stay that way. Somebody has to contribute to the blooper reels.

nah….you’re just big ol’ sweetie, Hipposter

better the Cubbies than the Buccos

Have you ever seen a bear play ball?
    Of course they are defensively challenged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

lol

269. Brandie says:

Full of surprises. May he have a long, prosperous life. Besides, he can be another face of the franchise.

270. Brandie says:

Stop…Grilli time.

Thank You MC Brandie !!!!

272. Brandie says:

Dang straight. Getting tired of being the butt end of the baseball world for so long will get you to tighten up your game.

yup!

274. Brandie says:

I was thinking of combining Grilli and Melancon into one super pitcher called Grillancon. All hail and fear the Mighty Grillancon!

we can hope

perfect!

Like a George Foreman Grillancon?

And Grilli helps himself out :)

lol you two kill me

Love it. Like our old centerfielder, Duffy McLouth.

C’mon, now more now…

Good stuff lol

that BB didn’t help :/

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

Nate hit a walkoff homer against the Yankees tonight.

woah

Oh man…

288. Brandie says:

Mmm. Butterfinger BB’s….What were we talking about again?

Filet Mignon >>>>>>>>. Butterfinger BB’s.

you got the cravin eh?

Grilli is going to reach Garza’s pitch count.

I can cook my Filet Mignon on my George Foreman Grillancon. :)

Cheese does it!!!

Raise the Jolly Hippo !!!!!!!!!!!

295. Ermine says:

Just got here..Raise IT !!!!!!

296. Brandie says:

Every 8th and 9th innings, the Might Grillancon rises from the pitchet’s mound (home games it’s the Confluence of our three rivers) to strike terror into the hearts of opposing batters.

Heh heh…Has kinfpd of a Linus / Great Pumpkin kind of feel. Where’s Ghost when you need him?

297. Hoist the Colors!! 27-18 with more to come!!

just in time :)

299. Lad9 says:

Raise it! Great battle by cheese without his good stuff!

300. Elevez Jolly Roger!

It is French day on the blog.

301. Brandie says:

Removable grill tray for easy clean up.

Down Girl!

lol

We used to lose these types of games.
    Alot of them.

Frequently.

Removable steak for easy eating! ;)

USED to

Lunch Box….man of the hour :)

It can rain now.

French Bread Pizza for everyone !!!!!!!! ;)

yeah…maybe it will wash away the trash too ;)

See ya tomorrow Milo :)

Travis Snider………… A Man Who Likes To Eat.

Just cant make that one up.
    Thanks Robbie Lamancowskioops……….

Flashing lightning here too, Mother Theresa is off to bed :)

Night Jandy.
    Night Milo.

Night TC…sweet Bucco dreams

317. Eric Bowser says:

Pirates are 27-18

31% of the way to 86 wins….
    27% of the season completed…

318. Brandie says:

All the cool kids carried lunch boxes…consider Travis Snider an official cool kid.

NIght Hipposter and Brandie and SPunky and Biz

320. Brandie says:

Good night all.

Eric…Bon Jovi rocks!

322. Patrick(ri) says:

Glad to hear it. He is another feel good story. I think he got jerked around a bit, but he was lucky Buck saw enough to give him some steady PT.

323. Ermine says:

As long as he keeps eatting those hanging change-ups for HR’s

Night Brandie.

325. Eric Bowser says:

Oh man… you ladies won’t let me forget that one…. ha ha ha

326. Ermine says:

Nite All

18 LOB’s. ‘Nuff said.

328. Night John Boy. Night Mary Ellen.

LOL !!!

330. Don’t look now, but Stetson van Benschoten Allie is up to 12 HR’s and 38 RBI and a .329 average in Low A.

331. John Lease says:

SHHHHH. We are DUE. No need to examine a gift from the baseball gods, accept it! :)