Final: Blackhawks 4, Bruins 3, 3 OTs, Game 1

Looking ahead to faceoff …

Game 1: Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks, Stanley Cup Final

Time: 8:20 p.m.

Site: United Center, Chicago

TV, radio: NBC, CBC (Canada), RDS (Quebec), NHL on XM Radio

Here is the official live box score.

Here is TribLIVE’s NHL page.

Comments

1. Dave G says:

I won’t be watching.

I’m a Penguins fan.

No Pens in the finals = I don’t care who wins.

2. Lad9 says:

+1 Let’s go Bucs!

3. tpbco says:

I will just watch the elimination game, so I can have the first look at the team who loses and has fans that IMMEDIATELY lites the torches and raises their pitchforks to fire the coach(es), GM, owners and players.

4. Ermine says:

Who cares?

5. Karen22 says:

Agree…not watching. Don’t care. It’s BASEBALL SEASON.

6. JD says:

What does this have to do with Pittsburgh?

7. Brandie says:

We will see who is left standing at the end.

8. Sarah says:

Honestly – I”m ont sure I’ll be watching the Pens next year!

9. Naterosboro says:

Anyone give any thought of trading James Neal? Granted he doesn’t make “a lot” (relative) of money, but I see him as a player who’s been incredibly small in the playoffs since being acquired. He has 9G in 25 career playoff games (18pts). 6 came in the 13 this year, but 3 in Game 5 against Ottawa, so 3 in the other 12 this year. No doubt he’s a regular season goal machine, but seems as if it dries up once post-season rolls around.

Just a thought.

10. Naterosboro says:

Also, a -7 in his playoff career in Pittsburgh.

I’ll be watching. I want to see how everything plays out

Yeah we can put Neal in a package deal with Sid and Geno

13. Sarah says:

I guess, Jandy.

I’m just sick at the thought that it will play out EXACTLY as it has the last four years…

Really it’s classic, isn’t it?
    We slay DB for trying the same thing over and over expecting different results, and Ray Shero does….

Exactly the same thing….Sigh…..

14. tpbco says:

Ya, I heard the Red Wings are thinking about trading Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall and firing Babcock…since they haven’t won the cup since 2008 and are doing the same damn thing year after year….

15. The problem is that Babcock won’t make any adjustments!
    He keeps playing his system!

Good one.

17. Eric Bowser says:

Phoenix Coyotes situation is up in the air, there’s a very real possibility NHL will be forced to make a decision about the franchise in Glendale that could involve moving the team to another city.

NHL won’t release the schedule until July because of that and around that time, the new division names will be released.

Once they can get the Olympics agreement done, NHLPA and NHL will discuss a World Cup of Hockey tournament.

Let’s Go Hawks !

19. Eric Bowser says:

I’ll be rooting for Chicago…

can’t root for a team owned by Jeremy Jacobs
    can’t root for a team involving Cam Neely
    can’t root for a team with Milan Lucic and Brad Marchand
    can’t root for a team that would give Jaromir Jagr a third Cup

20. tim says:

Chiarella calls you, offers Bergeron, Rask, and Chara for Sid and Flower, you make the deal?

Jonathan Toews is going to need a summer vacation after this series.

yeah I hear ya Sarah. But, in my heart I’m a Pens fan…and I can’t NOT watch, ya know? It’s disheartening, but we can always hope. I gotta support my boys.

Phoenix to Kansas City

me three!

heck no

haha, just so he doesn’t go anywhere with Patrick kane….double trouble ;)

27. Tim says:

Basebore season. Steelers training camp starts when?

So he’s not the second coming of Georges Vezina after all.

29. NastyNate82 says:

Are they naming the divisions after players? I thought I remember Bettman stating that casual fans wouldn’t know who Adams, Patrick, etc. were and wouldn’t be interested (which, if thats what he said, is just beyond moronic…lots of people who don’t know something will look it up). Anyway…Lemieux, Orr, Hull, Gretzky divisions? Would be great to see Phoenix go to Q-City to screw with the schedule for another year. And for a team in Q-City.

30. NastyNate82 says:

Can’t root for Neely? Pfffff.

One of the unfortunate consequences of the Penguins losing was the world was denied the opportunity to hear both Pat Foley and Mike Lange call the finals.

This is one heckuva opener, by the way.

I do.

33. DJ says:

Blackhawks in 3 OTs. Shot to net, two Hawks players in front of Rask (yes, two), deflections off both Hawks players, game winner.

Seeing this, I was disappointed that Shero did not answer your question about adjustments, specifically getting Pens in front of Rask in light of 3 shots off rebounds in the Bruins series.

Because Shero sounded/appeared uneasy with the question, I had the sense it had been internally discussed but he did not want to admit that was a major failing of this team. So he deftly side-stepped the question, mentioning something about wanting the players (presumably the new ones) giving feedback to the coaching staff about their experiences on other teams, blah blah.

How about the coaching staff directing the players to go to the front of the net, Ray, and them doing so?

It was not one of his better moments.

DK: DJ, you should put this up on the new thread. Topic is raised there.

34. DJ says: