Final: Blackhawks 3, Bruins 1, Stanley Cup Final

Looking ahead to faceoff …

Game 5: Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks, Stanley Cup Final

Series: Tied, 2-2.

Time: 8:20 p.m.

Site: United Center, Chicago

TV, radio: NBC, CBC (Canada), RDS (Quebec), NHL on XM Radio

Here is the official live box score.

Here is TribLIVE’s NHL page.

Comments

Looking forward to this game. I have some buddies going.

This has been a tremendous series. One for the ages, really.

Coach Q and the Hawks made excellent adjustments to minimize the faceoff advantage Boston had established in the first three games. The Hawks stick work in Game 4 was outstanding. We’ll see if they can continue that tonight.

Go Hawks!

2. Sarah says:

Will Q keep Kane and Toews together or was that too successful? :-D

DK: Claude Julien would love it even more.

Hope so. Judging from Chicago sports radio, that is what the entire city wants!

4. Sarah says:

Y’know I’ve not followed JQ at all. But I am reading how he’s making poor decisions, and I don’t just mean on fan boards…..

John do you follow Hawks at all? Got an opinion on Q?

Very interesting the parallels w Bylsma I am seeing….

Sarah-I think your instincts are correct. Q and HCDB both seem stubborn, particulary when it comes to the lines and defensive pairings.

I will say this, though. I am a Wild fan so I pay attention to some of their blogs. There is always jawing about Yeo’s lineups. I think sometimes these coaches get entrenched in their ideas and the press and fans be damned. They want to show everybody that they are the smartest guy in the room. Like the old football saw, “Don’t let the fans pick your starting quarterback.”

I do think Q is very adept at reading game tapes. He obviously looked at the Pens/B’s series and has been getting a lot of motion and traffic in front of the net. Also, the Bruins were killing the Hawks on face offs and in game 4 he had the players off the dot play interference with the waiting Bruins to great effect. He knew it was pointless to try to beat the great Bergeron straight up off the draw.

The Hawks are similarly situated to the Pens in that the fan bases expect a Cup or the season is a failure. One thing I’ve noticed is the debate among the fan base is that there are “true” Hawks fans (the ones wearing Denis Savard sweaters) and bandwaggoners. The same argument flares up sometimes on the Pirates thread here.

Watching this series has made me a believer in the B’s. The Pens lost to a great team!

Sorry, this post was rather long.

DK: True Hawks fans are wearing Tom Lysiak sweaters.

Oh, I meant to conclude that all fan bases seem to like to conplain about the lines.

I expect, after that dizzyingly exciting game 4, that tonight”s game, I suspect, will be a battle of the goalies.

POTD, Dejan!

8. Sarah says:

Sorry what would he like? Them, together or apart?

9. Sarah says:

I don’t think Julien is loving much of this. 2-0 and TBK line.

10. Sarah says:

Toews-Kane line having a fair game.

DK: Funny how that can work.

David Krejci is hockey