Final: Panthers 25, Steelers 10

Looking ahead to kickoff …

Game: Steelers (0-3) vs. Carolina Panthers (2-1), preseason

Time: 7:30 p.m.

Site: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, N.C.

TV, radio: KDKA-TV, WDVE-FM, ESPN Radio 970

Here is the official live summary.

Here is our Steelers page. Alan Robinson is on the scene.

Comments

Well, I guess its up to me to start this, as everyone is out partying……..

I hope there are no injuries tonight.
    I hope every backup plays the game of their lives.
    I hope someone else comments in here tonight.

GO STILLERZ !!!!!!!!!!

2. Lad9 says:

Can’t leave you alone out there Hippo. Will be flipping between both. Go Steelers!. BTW, I bet Cutch would be an unbelievable cornerback.

A person !!!!

Thanks, Lad.

I dunno, Lad. I see him more as a WR.

4. Lad9 says:

I could see that too Plan. Just a wonderful athlete. I can’t see too many Steelers on the diamond though. Troy of course anywhere. Larry Foote catching…

Wonder how I got on this topic. :)

I dont know.
    Maybe the Bucs are doing well, and this game so far is a dog?

Woof Woof!

6. Brandie says:

Howdy Boyz!

All potential players…time to shine! Hope all knees remain intact, no heads are concussed, and those who are willing to bust a$$ will have their NFL dreams come true!

Thanks for showing up, Muppet!

8. Brandie says:

It’s the least I could do.

:D

Nice Goal line Stand by the reserves.

Too bad our Bucs arent standing. :(

Now, they call them safeties why again ?

12. Brandie says:

Beats me. Perhaps Chronic Sieves is more appropriate?

A fine performance head linesmaning by Tom Stabile tonight.

Thats his 4th preseason interception this preseason.
    Priceless.

15. Steelag70 says:

Don’t think Reggie Dunn will be making the cut…what a bonehead..

16. twentytwo22 says:

Mike Tomlin is going to congratulate his team on Colin Jones making the Panthers the way he did that Eagle LB a few years ago.

17. twentytwo22 says:

Giants LB*

18. BillyBaduka says:

I read that originally they were only worth 1 point and the offensive team remained in possesion, with the ball being spotted at their 25 yard line. Presumably with a new set of downs. That wasn’t mentioned explicitly.

The term Safety makes more sense if the rule is about a team close to its own goal line willingly giving up a point for better field position by entering the “Safety” of their own end zone.

A game in 1878 ended 1-0.

Football was much more defense oriented at the start. The game was about field position. Giving up a point and getting the ball back at 25 might be worth it if it prevents a touchdown (only worth 4 points at the time). And the plays were much different with multiple offensive and defensive players moving towards the line of scrimmage at the snap. A volatile situation at your own 3 yard line. 7 players on line of scrimmage not introduced until 1910.

In 1884 safety increased to 2 points. I didn’t see when the double penalty of 2 points and free kick were introduced.

At this time there was no 4th down, teams had 3 downs to make it 5 yards. 4 downs and 10 yards introduced in 1912 along with the forward pass rules that open up the game offensively. Forward pass originally introduced in 1906 but under many restrictions, tweaked in 1910 and 1912.

Most but not all found at http://www.footballencyclopedia.com/cfeintro.htm

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle