On location: Pitt 75, Fresno State 54

Looking ahead to tipoff …

Game: Pitt (1-0) vs. Fresno State (1-0)

Time: 7:02 p.m.

Site: Petersen Events Center

TV, radio: Root Sports, 93.7 The Fan, Pitt IMG Sports Network

Here is the official live summary.

Here is our Pitt page. John Harris and I are on the scene.

Comments

1. Vinqtin says:

So…they’re not tipping this one off tonight? lol

Fresno State put up 98 against UC-Irvine. Don’t care who the opponent is, 98 points in this day and age is noteworthy. I think back court play will be important here. Pitt’s guards need to take care of things tonight and disrupt Fresno’s playmaking.

The Mountain West Conference is nothing to scoff at. I usually fear these off the radar western schools. They don’t get a lot of attention east of the Mississippi. Lot of good basketball talent out West, and they don’t all go to Tucson, Westwood or Spokane.

3. tpbco says:

Agree John

Good experience for the yungins in the back court. Looking for Zanna to have a strong game after sitting the first one out.

H2P

Some of them go to BYU. I don’t know if you stayed up late to catch any of their game last night, Osh, but BYU can put points on the board. Stanford did not know how to stop their penetration at all. Very entertaining back and forth basketball, I thought.

Missed it, Jim.

I was in Madison to see BYU play Wisconsin in football last Saturday. I was impressed how well they traveled. Lots of BYU fans there.

6. Enjoyed the outcome of that one, John.

They do travel well, I have heard.

They have some guards who really push the ball and can create off the dribble. They seemed pretty long, too. It’s early, but they are an interesting team.

8. Sarah says:

testing!

9. All righty, then. That gear is bigger than you.

;)

Sarah got an avatar!!!!
    With Goliath’s hockey pads, I see. ;)

11. Lad 9 says:

Wow. Spend a day out of action and we get a new blog, a new Tuesday gig, and Mother Theresa gets the ax. Anyhow, lets go Pitt! Fresno is pretty good by the way.

And if this format stays much longer, I will go blind.
    But, such is blogball………. ;)

HA!

Hmmmm, what number is @ ?
    Lets try 2 out of 3.
    Sheesh.

Nice job on MLB Network, Dejan. Seemed much more at ease on television than Paul and Dylan.

Loved Clint. He said he often told his players that they needed to perform because “you know I’m going to get out-managed.” Good stuff.

Anyhoo, does anyone know if this Pitt IMG Sports Network is available online ? Game is not on here on any of my 3,000 sports channels.

Welcome to the avatar universe, Sarah!

Online, try ESPN3.com I get many, if not all Pitt football and basketball games there, as I dont live in the Pittsburgh market.

18. Lad 9 says:

Real nice adjustment by Jamie to go to the extended 2-3 zone. Out scored Fresno 27-5 since he switched. And very efficient offensively, finding the open man extremely well. Fun half if you are dressed in blue and gold…

I really, really like the new setup with the blog

I gotta get my wife a computer of her own though…

Thanks, Plan.

Roger

From this seat in the peanut gallery

This is a big improvement

But my smart phone is still beating me

I can see why folks do not like me posting our lunatic list

But this too shall pass

If the background, or actual comment colors were different, I wouldnt mind.
    I like the format, not the blinding glare.

And your Lunatic list stays, no matter if it is in Mandarin Chinese. :)

Nice half of ball by the Panthers. Lead 35-18.

Junior Cameron Wright asserting himself and dropping 10 first half points. Talib Zanna also with 20. Nobody with any foul issues.

Solid half and the Bulldogs have no answer to Pitt’s zone, as Laddie pointed out.

Zanna with 10. My bad.

What is the outlook for Bucky this year in Mens hoops?

We shall see tonight. Play a tough Florida team at the Kohl Center. Looked pretty good, I thought, against SJU the other night.

Interestingly, both Pitt and Bucky seem to be planning on playing more quick paced, transitional offenses this year than has been their MO’s in the past.

Next year will be interesting for Pitt.
    The recruiting class is already great, and they are in the mix for 2 other highly-regarded players.

Love me some college hoops. :)

I was wrong to be worried at all about Fresno. Pitt taking command with Wright leading. Only worry now is that Wright goes pro. :)

For which we are all thankful, I might add.

Fits in perfectly with following baseball. Starts up in November after the WS and crowns the champion, usually the same Monday that the baseball season begins. Love hockey and NBA but their playoffs conflict with each other and baseball. Just so many hours in the day!

Worry is a good thing

Its being a fanatic

Hence a lunatic

I worry too

Nice win for Pitt tonight. Never thought I would see a Pitt team play zone D so well.
    Next game is against Howard. Next week, they play Joe, and Frank. ;)

Everyone have a great night, and GO CUTCH !!!

Just got home from the game. Pitt wins by 21 & doesn’t make a three. Nice game by Zanna but they don’t have a scorer. Not a one. Thought Cam Wright was really active defensively. Had a couple of steals and at least 3 more deflected balls. Dare I say with all that length they looked like Syracuse in that zone.

All in all a nice win. And it was really, really cold walking back down Trees Hill.

Oh, has James Robinson grown ? Seriously. I seem to remember him being like 6-0 last year. He’s listed at 6-3 now.

35. Looked the same to me. Including inability to shoot consistently. Agree with you about pure scorer, Milo, but also agree about tall presence in zone and on defense. We’ll see. Fresno State wasn’t huge, but …

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle | Flow Back