Vacation thread: 3-5-14

By Dejan Kovacevic | Trib Total Media

On break until Sunday. Please feel free to use this post as a discussion thread, as always.

Comments

1. Stlrfanrtc (Ryan) says:

1st beaches….

-Seems as though while on my hiatus I haven’t missed much.

-Pirates FO still getting bashed for not picking up a 1b. Etc. Etc.

-Pens are awesome/Pens are terrible.

-Pitt basketball? Ha. I’ll leave it at that.

-Either way.

Hello all.

Can’t wait until the baseball season starts. Pirates will do OK.

-Really pulling for Lambo. All the fuss over a lack of 1B full-time starter could be old news if he can get some hits. I like his potential to surpass Garrett Jones, perhaps not right away. Jones’ swing had too many holes, Lambo’s didn’t, as I recall.

-Polanco will come up in June/July and be a force in the lineup. Not quite sure where I’d put him, depends heavily on Pedro. Probably around 6 to start though.

-Taillion another mid-year consideration that will be awesome to have.

2. JoeyBats says:

Hola Ryan…..WELCOME BACK!

1. Hopefully, Los Buccos aren’t too far behind the Los Cardinales by the time the traditional “wait until June – we’re too cheap & we can’t start let the clock ticking too early ” help arrives !! ;-) Polanco looks like the “real deal”…we really need some help in the lineup to protect Pedro.

2. Disappointed in the Pitt hoops recent meltdown. Team is not very deep this year.

3. Surprised you didn’t comment on the Steelers and recent Jason Worilds signing ??

BEAT ‘EM BUCS !

7 Rumbunter

Pirates Jeff Locke Will Skip Outing Against Blue Jays With Injury

Pirates Charlie Morton Continues Strong Spring

8 Green Weenie

Early Line on Spring Battles

9 SaberBucs

How Many Days Rest Should the Starting Pitchers Get?

10 Pirates 101

Pittsburgh Pirates Ride Three-run Third Inning to Victory Over Detroit Tigers

NEWSPAPERS and MAGAZINES and Other Media

11 Rant Sports

Pittsburgh Pirates: Charlie Morton Will Have Breakout 2014 Season

12 Detroit Free Press

Pittsburgh 5, Detroit Tigers 2: Rick Porcello touched up in Tigers’ loss

13 KDKA

Huntington Talks Draft Pick Compensation, Fan Criticism & Payroll

14 Pirates Site

Overlooked no more, McGuiness making case at first

15 Toronto Observer

Pirates have dark horse in reliever Ryan Beckman

16 City of Champions

Pittsburgh Pirates Spring Training: Charlie Morton Rounding Into Form

17 Cincinnati Enquirer

Reds will use defensive shifts more

18 St. Louis Post Gazette

Shelby Miller wants a different October

19 Fangraphs

The Cost of a Win in the 2014 Off-Season.

20 Baseball Prospectus

The Week in Quotes

Steelers Blogs

21 Behind the Steel Curtain

1979 Steelers hold unique draft distinction

Jason Worilds Signs Transition Tag

22 Steelers Depot

Exploring the NLTBE Incentive Route With Woodley

Soccer(football)

23 Bloomberg Stats Insight

Premier League Goals: Suarez, Aguero, Toure & Adebayor

24 BBC Football

Liverpool Football Club makes £50m annual loss

Last night’s game was stolen by the role players. Sure, Niskie had 2 goals, and I’m thrilled for him, but Glass and Borts stole the show. They provided the sacrifices to spark our team and keep us in this game. Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    It takes a brave man to stand in front of SEVERAL of Weber’s shots. Ain’t no “soff” player does that! Kudos to Tanner Glass!

7. scapper says:

Hell yeah on Glass. I’d be flinching on Weber’s shots if I had seats behind the glass. (Well, you did say “brave man,” and ain’t no one ever accused me of being THAT, but still…)

Truly one of the most memorable sequences of this entire season.

LOL on the “brave man accusation” scapper!

I was truly impressed, as was Dejan, since he popped in the blog to comment on it.

Glass has Cajones!

9. Sarah says:

I think last night was in the “well we tried Our Game against actual good teams and got pansted, so before anyone panics lets pull out the old 1-3-1 vs a bottom feeder and hope we appear decent” file folder…..

Do not mistake this team for competitive vs well coached deeper physical teams with some skill.

10. Pucknutz says:

LOL – Looked quickly at your post and just saw Glass Cajones……
    hmmm… that aint right… focus those early morning eyes.
    Yes he does!

LOL Puckers!

Sarah, do you ever give some credit when it’s due?

Man, you’re quite the Debbie Downer this morning :/

13. Sarah says:

Argh yes I am Jandy! Sorry!
    That game was just so damn boring……and the Preds suck, and we got like 4 shots in the second, and it’s 1-1 after 2.

We should blow that team away!!!

Yrs,
    D. Downer

14. Sarah says:

I thought Bullet proof Glass was pretty funny!

I have to admit I fell asleep in the third…but that also had something to do with me being overworked and having a full meal from Red Lobster.
    I choose to be a little teensy bit more upbeat…hang in there, Sarah

Yrs,
    Sleepy Nun

16. Sarah says:

Here’s some positives:
    Nisky is like a +33 which is ridiculous.
    Maatta got a ton of minutes.

Glass would block shots with his face if he had to.

And we probably do need to play a lot more of these boring games to have a chance to progress in the playoffs.

There!
    :-D

17. Wild Bill says:

Morning, All, Jandy’s assessment is on target, but let’s not forget Sid set up three goals and it should have been four.

Oh for sure, Wild One. Glass himself missed the empty net…sheesh!

Back in the saddle again.

20. DJ says:

Sid was looking over and seemed to be debating whether he should even pass it, knowing who was on the finishing end.

He was right to question himself.

21. DJ says:

Outside of that, Glass had a helluva game.

22. Wild Bill says:

I was expecting that the Olympic break was going to have a negative impact on the quality of hockey games when play resumed, and it has. The next effect will be injuries from trying to jam too many games into too short a time.

As a fan of Winter Olympics, I’d watch whether pros are in the hockey tournament or not. If I were a NHL season ticket holder, I’d be screaming at the Pens and the league to stay out of them. John Taveras is just the beginning of the negative consequences.

23. DJ says:

“Hmmm . . . let’s see, assist opportunity, maybe 10%. Chance of a goal for me — 50/50.”

LOL. true…Sid should have just shot…but he’s a class act, and Glass did sacrifice himself, so Sid wanted to give him the chance…Glass blew it. Oh well.

25. DJ says:

Now that Sid and Geno are under contract, a defining moment today for Ray and the face of this franchise moving forward. What are we going to look like and what kind of team are we going to be?

Let’s hope that Ray makes the right moves, which may include doing nothing or very little given the asking prices.

We’ll all see.

26. DJ says:

Glass was wide open and you can always count on Sid to make the “right” play. He made the right play.

That’s not to say he may not have second and third thoughts the next time around, though. Ha!

+++

28. DJ says:

PN: On your post last night and the face you were trying to recall, see if this is it:

Heath Ledger — The Joker.

29. Brandie says:

Finally a win for the grinders.

Niskanen, The Crosby Sweater, Glassman, The Sound and Fleury, they all stepped up.

Good Morning Puck Heads and Super Two Gurus!

30. Sarah says:

Yep….I am falling more and more into the Do Nothing camp….unless we can get someone like Stewart or Kulemin without selling the farm….but that is doubtful. My hopes for Kule are because he has played with Geno before so you hope he might want to come here…..

But mortgaging the future….No, Ray!

31. Sarah says:

Hey B!

32. DJ says:

Top of the mornin’, Brandie-lass.

33. Brandie says:

B! I like that makes me sound like a Rock Star!

34. Brandie says:

Hey Hey DJ Blogs N Stuff!

35. Brandie says:

BIG WILLY THRILLS!

36. DJ says:

I thought that was a one-timer, but it’s catchy. You’re the Shirley Ellis of this blog.

37. Dom says:

The computers at my office aren’t working so I did the only logical thing and make a mock draft for the Steelers:

Round 1: Justin Gilbert-CB- Oklahoma State
    Round 2: A Seferian-Jenkins-TE-Washington
    Round 3: Mike Davis-WR-Texas (Comp for losing Mike Wallace)
    Round 4: Ryan Carrethers-NT-Arkansas State
    Round 4: Chris Borland-ILB-Wisconson (Comp for losing Keenan Lewis)
    Round 5: Brent Urban-DE-Virginia
    Round 6: Marion Grice-RB-Arizona State
    Round 6: Nevin Lawson-CB-Utah State (Comp for losing Rashard Mendenhall)
    Round 7: Prince Shembo-OLB-Notre Dame
    Round 7: Justin Britt-OT-Missouri (Comp for losing Ryan Mundy)

Agreed 100% with you two!

+++

Top O’ the morning to ya Brandissima!

41. Brandie says:

Not a One Timer! I am the blog’s serial namer. Ask theplanisworking how many names he now has.

Also typos get pretty legendary here.

The Name Game. Cute man!

42. Anthony DeFilippis says:

Nice mock Dom. Though every time I see a WR from Texas I think of Sweed, and I was happy when we drafted him.

43. Brandie says:

Jandy-lion! Guess Bizrow got his win huh?

44. Brandie says:

Domino…interesting logic.

Indeed he did :)

Nice interview and video from RB this morning with Jim Leyland

47. Not sure i remember that many posts since boston series.

48. Despres needs to relax. He’s trying way too hard right now. Would like to see what he looks like without the fear of disco fever. But on puck retrievals, when he goes back and shields the puck with his body, takes a hit to make a play and gets it up the boards, you can see why trading him should be done only for the absolute right fit. 6’4 dmen who are willing to be physical, skate with speed and reach dont grow on trees.

Welcome back, Ryan.

I think when Polanco arrives, he will be batting close to the top of the order (1 or 2) due to his on base % skills and ability to put the ball in play.

50. Sarah says:

Agreed….but for the penalty I thought he was fine last night….though awful in CHi….but who wasn’t I guess.

Anyway, presume Engo sat so Borts and Despres could be showcased.

PS HM, DJ, what are your thoughts on Gaborik?….He wasn’t really on my list but not like I’m following too closely!….

For me, a great part of the game was Sid trying to reward Glass at the end with an empty netter. How many superstars that lead the league in points look only to get another guy a goal there? Sid could have scored easily. He knew the goal didn’t matter. Too bad Glass hit the post. At least, I think it was Glass. I was a little distracted with some conversation going on in the house. It was extremely unselfish of the captain there.

52. Sarah says:

I think Despres is traded almost regardless of fit. The organization just doesn’t like him.
    I think he could be very good, I’d be sad to see him go, but he did something to put himself in DB’s Permanent S-house. So that’s that I think.

53. defil21 says:

Heck I was surprised he even played after the 2 penalties against Chicago I figured that was the last of Depres. You are right though Monster he does need to relax when he’s out on the ice.

54. Sarah says:

Yes it was most certainly Glass! But I am already a DD this AM so I won’t go off on his inability to hit an EN from 5 ft away LOL!

I like him, but he has to eliminate all the “grabbing” mistakes.

I agree, though, it’s not easy to find that combo of size and talent.

56. buggee says:

It’s good to be home y’all. I missed all the cold. And all the DKloonies!

So I heard that Bulaklak (flightless bird number 29) went for a little skate last night?

Watching Pitt hoops this season is reminiscent of watching a Rob Zombie concert. Insert your own adjectives accordingly.

no caterwauling when there is a shuttlecock in the House! Etch it!

Maybe his name shouldn’t be Glass. It should be Net.

BTW, were they using the extra thick posts in Tennessee last night?

58. Sarah says:

And really, as awful as the b-6 are, Glass and maybe Vitale are guys I could live w on 4th line. They do what they have to do.

No idea why Vitale isn’t more on PK and taking way more FOs. They are crucial on PK and we lose too many while JV is on the bench. Mystifying…..

59. Dont think jarmo will send gaborik our way. He would be a rental and probably not worth the price IMO. Despres also almost got bortuzzo killed taking out his feet with weber winding up. There was a 2 second window where i was seriously worried for bortuzzo. Was that bullet proof glass who blocked that shot?

Brandie, good thing i wasn’t out there cuz i promise you i’m not getting in the way of those hollow point blasts.

60. Brandon says:

Absolutely agree – Depres is going to be a good D-man for a long time……they are having a difficult time trying to find pairings that mask the deficiency of Orpik right now – they probably have the best pairings with Niski-Scuds and Maatta-Orpik, but Disco always seems to sneak Engo back in at every chance he gets…..if Depres can stop looking over his shoulder and relax, he will be reliable within 4-5 games.

61. defil21 says:

It was Glass Jim, and as soon as he hit the post me and a few of my friends all texted each other Poor Glass, he can’t even get a goal with the goalie pulled. Heck of a game he had blocking those rockets from Weber.

62. Wild Bill says:

Hey, MMMM!

I have a feeling Trader Ray is going to be active today.

64. Sarah says:

I think the only reason Despres played last night was as a showcase for a trade.

If he’s still here tomorrow I will be (very happily) surprised…..

Even so, he’s glued to the press box for playoffs.

65. Brandie says:

Good Morning BugMinster Fuller!

66. Sarah says:

Man I really hope not…Kulemin my main exception.

Yep, that took guts. Not skill, of course. But, guts!

Very classy of Sid to try to reward him. The kind of thing that can easily go unnoticed, but just shows why Sid is more than just the best player in the world.

69. Wild Bill says:

No place like home, Buggee. Good to have ya back.

70. Brandie says:

Me too Jimmerz! I am curious to see if it is stand pat or move Despres, for example.

71. defil21 says:

You know Jim your right it’s very classy on Sid’s part, and I think if I’m not mistaken he’s done that a few times this year. I remember him trying to do the same with Adams, or another 4th line guy.

He’s the Master of NHL Tradeline Deals. It said so yesterday right in this paper. Now, he has to try to live up to it, I guess. Honestly, I think Shero is good at what he does, but they seem to be lacking more than a couple of players for what they have to give up.

73. Wild Bill says:

Just was considering the irony of the start of the season, and the expectation that the Pens would be getting rid of Niskanen any way they could. Now, four months later, where would the Pens be had they done so?

74. Blog question of the day:

How many Cap ‘N and Cokes does it take a blog mother to fall asleep sitting up on a couch during a decisive third period of a Pens’ game?

Answer when Jandelissima awakens.

:P

75. defil21 says:

I hope he’s still here after today as well Sarah. Though your last line bums me out. I’d rather see Engo on the wing especially after he had a Crosby/Geno like goal a few games ago. I didn’t know he had that in him.

76. Sarah says:

And you could make the case Shero is the reason their hands are so tied…..see Letang, Kris, 7.25M

buggeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see a cheerful face this morning :)

78. Sarah says:

They will offer Despres I think…..whether anyone takes him I guess we’ll see!

79. Sarah says:

I believe it just takes a Predators game, but I could be wrong LOL!

Thank GOD they didn’t do so!

:snicker:

I had a glass of red, red wine, Spunkster :P

Now Rossi is saying Kesler may not even be moved today. They may wait until June.

Also says the Pens are “open” to sweetening the offer. You have to love negotiations.

83. The ole Bug Eyes is back. Good to see a growling puck face.

;)

I love/hate trade deadline day.
    The wait, the thrill, the despair.

It’s worse than falling in love LOL.

OK, all drama aside, we’ve mulled over the kesler stuff, and other names have come up…Boyes, Goc, Kumulin, and more.

I am expecting Shero to pull a rabbit out of his hat. And the name will be one we never considered.

But, I am a Positive Polly, and my hope springs eternal

:D

85. How big a glass?

And do your fish have a bowl this morning?

Got to let you have it when to opportunity arises. I had a ‘roid shot yesterday, or I would have been asleep on the couch, too.

:D

86. or “the” opportunity

87. Sarah says:

Add on the 1-3-1 Trap and you’ve got a sleeping pill LOL!!

LOL..the glass was a 4 ounce glass…filled to nearly the brim.

Fish? You calling my hubby a fish????

:P

89. Sarah says:

So who do they try to keep, Orpik or Nisky???

90. :D

I like those 6-5 games better, too. Just so we have the 6.

LOL I woke up and it was almost the end of the game, and I was like…crap! I musta been tired! Hubby was snoring beside me, so I had company :D

+++

Niskie is my choice hands down. But I’m not Shero & Company

I think a TON of clubs would jump at Depres. I really don’t want to lose him.

95. Mercy, no. I call him a saint.

:D

My co-workers tell him God wouldn’t give him more than he could handle, that’s why God gave him me ;)

For me, just introduce the Devils into the equation and I to insert toothpicks under the eyelids.

+++

99. Sarah says:

Yeah. Doubtful they can afford both.
    With the year he’s having and his age, I’m worried they can no longer keep Niskie…..

Please keep Niskanen. I feel like this season is one big Lifetime Achievement Award for Orpik.

he’s in for a big payraise for sure. I’ve always liked Niskie…very under-the-radar kinda player.

102. I think you both did alright.

103. Sarah says:

Yep. Prefer Engo on W for sure. Glass JV, Engo as a 4th line and they can hold their own. Adams I’m afraid is no longer able to contribute.

And Borts/Despres playing every night so they’ll be more ready for playoffs.
    I would assume Letang is out for the year, at min.

Indeed we did. He’s my best friend.

I hope he doesn’t give away the farm.

106. Sarah says:

He did a great job getting closer to Weber.
    If you’re gonna block, get close. 5 feet is a lot better than 20 feet…..

I can’t see him doing that…seriously.

But, He has been known to give us every bit that we can handle, Jandy! ;-)

That is true, Jim. ;)

110. Damon says:

I just hope RS doesn’t put so much time into getting Kesler that he loses out on other options and winds up with nothing to help the bottom 6. I keep hearing Ray always gets his guy, but he didn’t get:
    Marian Hossa
    Zach Parise
    Ryan Suter
    Shane Doan
    Alex Semin
    Jaromir Jagr
    among others….so Kesler could easily wind up in Philly or staying with the Canucks.

I liked what I saw from the Despres-Bortuzzo pairing last night. Simon looked more comfortable and moved the puck well. As mentioned by someone earlier in this blog he did look stressed at times, but you would be too if you were bashed and benched for every mistake you make. Over the D looked better, but they still have a lot of work left.

I think God slipped on that one, Jandy-lion.

But hey, glad you were able to enjoy your 2 liter bottle of wine. :)

LOL Plandanimo! SHe didn’t slip up, She’s smarter than that :P

4 ounces is NOT 2 liters :P

Positive Polly?

I vote for Lucy Lush. ;)

Maybe you had 4 Russian ounces? ;)

The following is from last night’s Pens thread. It is quite a hoot.
    Wonder how much in royalties I am missing out on?

Jordan White
    March 4, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Somebody help me get this message to Plan.

I saw this and immediately thought of one person and one person only.

The piece is discussing merits of Kesler-to-Pens vs Kesler-to-Flyers. When discussing Pens personnel, the author, Jame O’Brien from Rotworld, offered this, “(Granted, the Penguins could use his right-handed shot, but there’s some square peg round hole going on there.)”

Where have I read that?

Has anybody ever seen Plan and James O’Brien in the same room before?
    Could they be one in the same?

Speak please Jandy. Cabernet? Merlot? Something else?

118. Ryan says:

I really hope Rossi is just fishing for clicks. Now he’s reporting Poliout is in play. So now we’re talking Sutter, Despres, Poliout and a 1st for Kesler? Does that do anything to make up for this team’s weaknesses?

Say he pulls it off….look at the defense after the season. You’re looking at Maata and Martin and a bunch of question marks. Suddenly our defense doesn’t look quite as deep and strong.

119. buggee says:

and we believe everything we read in the Trib?

How have y’all been, eh?

120. Brandie says:

Tipsy Tammy? Susy Schnockered? Plastered Penny?

The trade deadline in all sports is silly season.
    Just have to wait til 3PM to end the silliness.

122. defil21 says:

I didn’t know he even owned a farm. Weak attempt at humor but it was an attempt non the less.

it’s a baloney!

LOL I saw that :)

ALL of the above will work at some time or another ;)

merlot

:D

127. buggee says:

When I consider Depres…
    I harken back to a time several seasons ago when there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the oft glaring mistakes of a certain greasy-haired French-Canadian blueliner (referred to as “MyICandy” by Me Lil Wifelett).
    Disasterous turnovers in his own zone, errant passes, flashy play, smooth skater with outrageous bursts of speed; occassional physicality coupled with bone-headedness.

The flightless birds recognized phenomenal talent when they saw it, but still carved a rocky path for Letang back in the day. See any similarities to how Despres is being handled?

Just curious. Etch it beeeoooootttttches

128. buggee says:

“It’s worse than falling in love ” AWESOME LINE Jandy!

129. Ryan says:

Very true…just a slow morning at work and reading all of this speculation is driving me mad. Perhaps I should turn everything off until 3.

I am preparing to be underwhelmed

Ahhh! SLow? What’s that? LOL!

Love it! lol

The local Oak Spring Winery has a decent inexpensive bottle :)

Good!
    Glad to see you finally agree !!!!!!

135. Dom says:

I dont like that trade.

Is Justin Morneau still available? He’s the key to a cup run. And, he’s a Canadien.

I thought the Pens would get Carp.
    Penguins love fish………….

:D

Hey, Buggee!

I don’t believe everything I read…period ;)

I’m hanging in here, buggeeeeee we missed you!

Comments like that Thundercrack are why I consider you a friend and mentor.

Quiet so far. Morning everybody.

142. Stlrfanrtc (Ryan) says:

I was going to mention it, but I didn’t read the article.

I think it’s a good deal. Don’t extend him yet, see if the end of last year was a fluke or not.

143. Stlrfanrtc (Ryan) says:

It’s a new saddle. Learning to carry the reigns, so to speak.

Morning, Milo.
    Or, Meye-low.
    Or, My-lowe.
    Or, Mye-lo.

Or whatever of the 100 names Brandie gives you.

Less than 4 hours to silly season ending……. quiet so far.

145. Stlrfanrtc (Ryan) says:

That is a possibility, I guess I see him more of a run producer because ofhis size and possible power numbers.

Size can be deceiving, look at Kyle Blanks of the Padres. Monster.

146. Damon says:

Just heard Marty St. Louis for Ryan Callahan is just about a done deal. Gaborik to LA is close.

Apparently Steve Yzerman has wrangled Ryan Callahan, a 1st round pick & a 2nd round pick from the Rangers for Marty St. Louis. Two things. First, St. Louis needs to get over himself. And I really think senility has set in with Glen Sather.

As I said, silly season.

So the Rangers trade their captain AND picks?
    Man, if Shero would try anything like that here, well………..

149. Damon says:

I think the Rangers gave up two picks because Callahan is a free agent at the end of the season while St. Louis has one more year left on his contract.

But I think the Lightning won that trade easily….Rangers were the only team he would agree to go to.

Deal is official. The Rangers will get an additional pick if Callahan signs with Tampa.

151. Would it be a square peg in a round hole?

8-)

Why yes it would!

I see the Rarin’ Reverend is already in full form.
    Along with the Maniac Muppet, and Lucy Lush.

153. Andrew says:

I believe you are correct, I heard the other day that Callahan and the Rangers were haggling over 1/2 million difference in discussing an extension.

In all the deadline discussion has anyone seen anything about a possible Neal suspension? There seemed to be some, during the game, on the Twitter machine suggesting it was possible.

Sick of Martin St. Louis. How do you say “whiner” in French ?

pleurnichard

156. :D

Good monikers, all of them.

Thought it might be “de Gaulle”

158. Damon says:

Ales Hemsky to Ottawa for a couple picks.

DK put up a Trade Deadline thread.

=================================================== >

Is Marty St. Louis related to Carmen San Diego? BTW, where in the world is she?

I think you just say “French” and it is assumed, Osh. ;-)

Afternoon Milo :)

163. Looks like stewie only real option left for sid?

Victory will be mine! :)

He’s off our board now.

165. Damon says:

Just heard someone is reporting the Pens are in on Vanek now…..

166. buggee says:

“BugMinster Fuller”? That’s kind of odd. What’s it all mean Brandilicious?

167. buggee says:

I stuck my finger in my I-ball this morning so the cheerIness was lacking a bit

168. defil21 says:

Steelers extend Miller and Polamalu to 3 year extensions per the pg.

169. bpn8pitt says:

I am absolutely stunned at what the Steelers did today.

While I understand they needed the cap room, wow.

I guess its the Derek Jeter thing with the Yankees and the Woodson thing with Dan Rooney. They just dont want to see two beloved guys in different uniforms, even if they are not the player they used to be.

Amazing.

170. DJ says:

I’m with you and Jandhi, Jim.

171. buggee says:

Polly want a cracker?

Anybody seen the dead cap space can?

Oh, there it is. Colbert just kicked it down the road – again!

I love both of these guys, and they’ve had great careers. But, my eyes tell me Troy has lost several steps.

That blown out knee robbed Heath of the speed he had left. He was ok this year, but 3 more years?

I guess they don’t want to admit all good things come to an end.

115 Federal Street.

174. bpn8pitt says:

Yup.

What happens if both of these guys are hurt, early or into to midseason next year?

I dont remember the last time I totally disagreed with decision the Steelers made like this.

175. Brandie says:

Look up Buckminster Fuller. He was quite a guy. His nickname was Bucky. When I see Buggee I automatically think of Bucky and Buckminster Fuller. Please forgive my oddities. :)

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle