Richmond 76, Duquesne 64, A-10 Tournament

Looking ahead to tipoff …

Game: Duquesne (13-16, 5-11 Atlantic 10) vs. Richmond (18-13, 8-8), Atlantic 10 Tournament

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Site: Barclays Center, New York

TV, radio: NBC Sports Network (national), News Talk 104.7 FM

Here is the official live summary.

Here is TribLIVE’s Duquesne page. Chris Harlan is on the scene.

Comments

Awesomesauce, a Dukes thread!

2. Louisville is certainly the hottest team in tournament play right now since they’re beating up on Rutgers big time today 92-31. Hopefully, Duquense does better that with Richmond.

3. Kenny Bauer says:

Fan of the Dukes since 1955, would love to see them win….55 and 56 were great years….best team in sports in Pgh. at the time.

4. Kenny Bauer says:

Go Dukes, fan since 1955-56,glory years with SiHugo Green.

5. Kenny Bauer says:

Go Dukes .fan since 1955

6. Brandie says:

That is pretty cool.

GO DUQUESNE!!!!!

Very nice to have you on the blog, Mr Bauer.

1955 NIT Champs!

9. The Raiders have just signed LaMarr Woodley, while the Vikings are expected to sign James Harrison, who was cut today after one year with the Bengals. It’s not that the Steelers would want either of them now.

10. Good place for Woodley. The Black and Silver hole.

Al would be so proud…………

12. Brandie says:

I never knew that about the Dukes. Glad to have you aboard sir! :)

13. Brandie says:

Tell us what you really think of Al “The Legend” Davis. I wish I had stock in track suits when he was living.

Before 1985, Al was a very, very good football mind.
    After 1985, the fascination with his lawsuit against the NFL started a steep decline for him. He was just consumed by it, and sadly, he was never the same.

15. Lad 9 says:

Plan, just saw your post on the Pitt thread about the New Castle/BP game. There was a performance in that game that was absolutely remarkable and got no ink at all. Joey Mascaro for Bethel had 38 points, many on spectacular drives or long threes. He scored once on a drive that Hooker looked like he would swat back to Lawrence county and I can’t even describe how he twisted his body and left Hooker shaking his head. He is only 5’10 or he might have a shot at a D-I program. And if his name was McConnell or DiMichele, he might actually get the guy in the other paper to write about him.

I think I might have mentioned this after the last game, but I am extremely impressed with how the New Castle kids conduct themselves. They are never dirty, they don’t trash talk that I could tell, and they are respectful to their coach. Really rooting hard for them to go all the way. Go Canes!

Thanks, Lad……. I was told of the performance by Mascaro.

New Castle defeated North Allegheny for the 7th or 8th consecutive time last night to move on. And you are right, the New Castle kids are very respectful……… coach Blundo does not allow any bad behavior, or they dont play. No exceptions at all. He runs a clean program……….. since he is a vice-Principal, his rep is on the line also.

As an added bonus, 3 of the top teams in the brackets have lost, including #1 Roman Catholic. 3 more wins to a title. Here is hoping……………

17. Brandie says:

+++++

Posts about sportsmanship and hard work are good for the soul.

Thanks Lad and Hipponk-adonk!

Brandie, you are truly funny with all my names.
    You give me so many of them………

19. Lad 9 says:

Could be a Merion/Hurricane rematch Plan. One for the ages.

Brandie, you would loved this game. One great and one good team going at it hard and fair. BP was down by 19 but never quit, and the whole event was a joy to watch. Much like the wild card game last year, this game showed why sport can grab our hearts and souls.

Heading home. Might hop on later.

20. Brandie says:

Be safe Lad-Man!

You are correct…I would have enjoyed that one. Clash of The Titans!

21. Brandie says:

You and this place inspire me. It also serves as a reminder to us all to laugh…long, loud, and heartily!

Halftime at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn

Richmond 32
    Duquesne 26

Dominique McKoy leads the Dukes with 8 points.

Duquesne lost 76-64.

I do hope someday they return to greatness.

24. Not even sure greatness needs to be a goal. Being a contender in the A-10 would do, I think, for size of school, venue, etc. It would be a ton of fun in a different way than Pitt.

Jim Ferry has a ways to go. Disappointing exit for Duquesne, especially since their recent defeat of St. Louis.

So successful at Long Island.

He has NYC connections. Proven he can coach teams. Just needs a few more years I believe. Think he’ll be able to bring in decent PA and NY talent in the future.

The state of Duquesne basketball and their history, kinda reminds me of De Paul.

26. Dejan,

Just read your Lambo article. It sure is nice to have you back!

Wish I were as confident in Lambo are you are. The Cardinals got better; the Nationals got better; the Dodgers got better; the Giants got better. Even the Brewers got better AND they will have Ryan Braun back for whole season.

The Pirates have gotten worse in the rotation AND their big addition in the line-up is a guy with 1/2 season of AAA success. It appears a division title is far-fetched. Is a wild card run in the above crowded field even possible?

Give me more assurances, please.

Groat:

I’ve become quite a fan of your fellow alum, Jay Bilas. He brings it with both the analysis and his thoughts about the state of the game, without arrogance.

Nicely teamed with Sean McDonough, as well.

Agreed.
    It is just so sad seeing the wash, rinse, repeat on the Bluff.

Here is to hoping, Dejan.

Maybe in 2, Reverend……….

30. Oshkosh b’Gosh,

I agree. He loves the present game and lauds the play and players, while not ignoring the bigger picture.

And, I think you captured it perfectly: he makes suggestions without insisting he knows best, without arrogance.

Go Badgers.