Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: May 20, 2014

Comments

1. hockeymonster says:

DK:

What are your thoughts on the Pens and Millhouse looking for their next “Yesman”?

2. Brian N says:

Hello Sir,

Do you think Bylsma knows he is being strung along by the team till the new GM fires him? And do you think he would tender his resignation if he believed he would be hired immediately after?

3. Harrisburg Hal says:

That’s not how you spell “Yzerman” :)

4. Chris Markle says:

What starting pitchers might the Bucs trade for if the starting pitching does not turn around soon?

5. Daniel Bigley says:

Dejan: I am a huge fan. I love the Trib as well. I am writing to you from Ft. Benning. For what things are worth, you have a huge following amongst Pittsburgh/SWPA natives in the Army.

While I am a much bigger fan of the Pens, Bucs and Pitt, I am writing about the “Stees.” I have a great deal of admiration for the success which Mr. Tomlin achieved in his first 4 years of coaching. Indeed, I grow despondant when againsters opine that Mr. Tomlin inherited the SB teams which he coached; and, I am reticent to criticize Mr. Tomlin’s recent pecadillos regarding game-time decisions and the draft. **

Given that Mr. Tomlin’s active-engagement in the NFL Draft have resulted in so many bad drafts (cue in the writings about 48 of 59 picks not on prof rosters), is he on a hot seat?

Respectfully, DanB

6. Daniel Bigley says:

Dejan: Sorry. I refer to game-time decisions which include: (1) the “Ravens kickoff” debacle; and, (2) amongst many other departures from great game-time decision, having Mr. Suisham kick a 56-year field goal (hit the crossbar) in Tennessee, giving the Titans a short field and losing the game on a last-second field goal (instead of punting and going to overtime). Ugh. I love Mr. Tomlin’s involvement with the community –namely Pitt — but I wonder if the modern game forces fans to force the ownership to make a change. Ugh…hate to see a great guy get victimized by modern market and “ticket-price anger.” Always your Banksville Soldier, DanB PS: you can just respond on email and not on Trib. **You are doing a great job!!!!**

7. Thank you ABOVE ALL for your service, Daniel!