Final: Rangers 2, Kings 1, Stanley Cup final, Game 4

Looking ahead to faceoff …

Game 4: Los Angeles Kings vs. New York Rangers, Stanley Cup final

Series: Kings, 3-0

Time: 8:10 p.m.

Site: Madison Square Garden, New York

TV, radio: NBC Sports (national), SiriusXM

Here’s the official live summary.

Here are TribLIVE’s Penguins page and our Chipped Ice blog.

Comments

Sad, this is likely the last meaningful hockey game to be played until the chilled October winds are in the air heralding imminent winter and the return of Polar Vortex.

2. Eric Bowser says:

Well crap John, when you put it that way…. quick, someone find me cryonics lab used for Ted Williams. I won’t last the summer.

Ha!, Eric.

Kids’ school finishes tomorrow. We’re all going to Toronto in a few weeks. Think I’ll visit the HOF. I’m going to enjoy every last blessed moment of this summer!

Thanks for all your input this season. Really enjoy your posts. So many people here know so much about pucks. Hardly anyone in my world pays the least amount of attention to it. So grateful, I am, for this forum.

4. Tonight’s baseball game’s rain delayed which is Just as well. And so, about all there is right now is the hockey game which is likely the last one until next season unless the Rangers win one. And so, that’s about it unless the weather clears up at PNC Park. Be seeing you all later.

5. Also, I’ve just heard that Pimentel’s been called up to replace Liriano.

6. radio wave says:

I am disappointed my team is in this position. I don’t mind not winning the cup because they were the underdog to start with. I mind a four game sweep. Same as I felt with the 2005 Astros in the WS against the White Sox. Good thing is hockey has shortest off season,3 months they’re in camp. Bad thing, 3 months summer is over. Looks like all my mlb teams are in for long seasons. NBA will be over soon, no rooting interest in either team, but amazed what Spurs did last night. So I’m looking at NCAA football schedules, depressing on June 11.

7. radio wave says:

We have seen this before, but I’m glad Rangers took the lead.

8. radio wave says:

OK, another 2-0 lead. Will it be enough this time?

I think s. Hank has bee sharp.

Make that:

I think so. Hank has been sharp.

lol

11. radio wave says:

John you just jinxed my guy. Breakaway goal, that didn’t take long.

12. radio wave says:

Finally got one. Now back to LA. What day??

13. radio wave says:

Game 5 Friday, if necessary Game 6 Monday. Rangers have won last eight elimination games at home, a new NHL record.