Chat with Dejan Kovacevic

Live Blog Chat with Dejan Kovacevic

Comments

1. Rick says:

Does the view of the Penguins coaching search look as bad to outsiders as it does here in Pittsburgh? Is their image taking a hit?

I love the Silencers.

Nice jam with some good concert footage near the end. Filmed in the Strip District according to the comments. Maybe a young Thundercrack or Dejan is in the crowd ?!

Not according to the Boss

I don’t know if they were there, but I think I saw a pair of those glasses behind DK with the bobbleheads.

They were ‘big’ when I was in high school and college. ( I wasn’t in that video).

They came to my high school to play a concert. They showed up late and I remember how ticked-off our vice principal was. The fact that it looked like they had been ‘partying’ before they got there didn’t help.

For some reason they had to play on those big gym mats. I guess they didn’t want them to be on the gym floor.

Rock n Roll!!

7. BillyBaduka says:

Best Pittsburgh band – Don Caballero

Instrumental, started off with driving distorted power chords on ‘For Respect’.

Ended up with crazy overlayed single note melodies on ‘American Don’

All the while being driven by one of the best artists to hail from Pgh, Damon Che – The Octopus – because it seems like he has 8 limbs while playing.

If you get a chance check them out. Not original line up but still get money’s worth out of drummer’s sweat alone. The guy strings together so many rolls/fills/ themes that it’s as close as you can get to a melody on drums. Have a musician friend that always looked at me cockeyed when I said that it’s like melody on drums. “That’s impossible.”

Gave him a mixed CD. 2 weeks later I get a text. “This guys ridiculous, it’s like a melody on drums.”

Definitely not for everyone but I think Osh may like it. 3rd and 4th album the best. No album sounds like the one befor it.

Hurl was a great band too in the ’90s.

I really appreciate this, Billy.

Always been fascinated with “regional sound” in music. Having spent my formative years in the Upper Midwest, with its embarrassment of musical riches. Was really touched by the Minneapolis sound of the 80′s. But Georgia (eg REM, B-52′s), Philly (eg Dead Milkmen), DC (eg Minor Threat), California (too many!), all produced unique music visions during that era.

Never was that familiar with the Pittsburgh music scene so I really appreciate information about it. Unfortunately, all I hear about is Donnie Iris, who isn’t really something I would be into.

10. Tim says:

Only have 1 Silencers album – Rock And Roll Enforcers. Never got to see them live. I always liked the Iron City Houserockers and Donnie Iris as well, but the best for me was always Billy Price and the Keystone Rhythm Band. Awesome live.

DK,

If you think they’re thin at WR (I disagree a little about receiver) & DL take a look at running back. After Bell & Blount there is nobody. Archer will fill in some there I suppose but he’s not a 20 carry type of guy. I was never a Redman or Dwyer fan but they were still competent, serviceable backs. There’s no one fitting that description behind the top 2 guys.

12. BillyBaduka says:

Thanks Osh.

Hope you check them out and enjoy them if you do.

To start out, I’d recommend checking out these songs:
    If you only check one, go with “fire back about…”. It just hits you faster than “Peter Criss” or “June is”.

The Peter Criss Jazz – this is where the original line up ended up, beginning was much more testosterone driven.

Fire Back About Your New Babies Sex – American Don, same album Peter Criss Jazz. The picture on you tube is the original line up. Drummer in foreground.

June is a Finally Here – Don Caballero 3. Very pretty, always good to listen to but best on June 1st, especially if it’s a sunny day.

Delivering the Groceries at 138 bpm – Don Caballero 3 driving, crunchy riffs and a swing beat. Yes they do go together. Reminiscent of the early stuff, but with swing.

Slice Where You Live Like Pie – DC3

Wow. Much obliged, Billy.

14. Smitty55 says: