Chat with Dejan Kovacevic

Live Blog Chat with Dejan Kovacevic

Comments

1. Andy says:

Which USA player will have biggest impact on the outcome of today’s game? What do you think the outcome will be?

2. dave says:

I would consider resigning England if I were the Pens. Need a tougher D’man and shouldn’t cost much.

3. Garret says:

What the hell are the penguins gonna do with scuderi? Now we have 4 experienced d-men who are significantly better than him plus the whole pile of amazing prospects like Harrington, despres, pouliot, and on and on and on…

4. RPK says:

What the heck? The Penguins have depth at defense, but the team is in dire straits at forward. I do not see the targeted Kulemin as an upgrade or comparable to Neal. What say you?

5. dcpinpgh says:

heck, as a 4th line wing

6. Bull Shemmy says:

At one point is it fair to analyze signings? Obviously there’s a lot of time left on the clock, but when is it fair to assume guys like Scuedri and Engelland are somehow gone?

7. Nick says:

DK,

Have you lost all faith in Scuderi? A lot of people have and one could argue that it’s justified, but I’m not so sure that he really found his stride after the ankle injury. I think maybe an off season of conditioning and team practice might prove to be the difference for him.

8. Tim Kawana says:

Trading Martin saves cap space with Ehrhoff signing

9. KING says:

With the Christian D signing for Pens, the Pens D is solid. D Martin,Maatta will be great next year.

They should consider moving Letang to wing. He’s a real creative player. Pairing him with Sid would be interesting. Could be magic.

I was hoping Pens could grab Hemsky. Dont know if he was scooped up yet.

Jokinen to Florida 4 yrs 16 million. Great signing for Panthers. Orpik to Caps. Nice career with Pens.

All these D Men with high cap figures. Something must be in the works. Need another forward for Sid & Geno. KING

Quite literally, the only thing Ike Davis does NOT need to do better is get on base.

11. KING says:

Right RPK. The Penguins suddenly dont look dominant in the top lines. Trading Neal a mistake. This team really going to scrap to make playoffs.

Losing Crosby or Malkin for considerable time in 2014-2015 will be crippling. They just dont have the depth & talent to overcome injuries in years past.

Maybe, they will make some trades…I can see why Shero was fired. Developed no forwards & the Pens have been capped out leveled out for 3-5 seasons. No room to maneuver. KING

12. scott says:

Bennett will be on injured reserve. Now that’s funny.

+++

14. cobra39 says:

Pens going to scrap to make playoffs? Surely you jest.

15. cobra39 says:

Nick — I concur completely. A broken ankle screws up your whole leg, and they take a while to heal, especially if you’re over 30.

Something tells me Scuderi will be an improved player next year — and yes, I know, he couldn’t be much worse.

16. dennis g says:

DK: It seems to me I have read comments by you in the past in which you laud Andrew McCutchen for the example he sets as the team’s biggest star going all out on every play. I don’t see how that translates any better, other than the celebrity of the performer, than the way that JHay hustles for every minute he is in the game and the enthusiasm with which he plays. As you might guess I love the way he plays and have trumpeted his performance and lack of opportunity almost since his arrival. I realize that watching one player will not make another more talented but we all watched Jose Tabata loaf on occasion. Can’t Marte and Polanco, and other young players possibly perform better, using the talent that they have, simply by observing JHay’s preparedness and effort?

I feel confident that you have accurately described Grilli and the attitude of his teammates toward his departure, but a comment from an unidentified person who was “around” Grilli for a couple of months should not be the last word on his character.

17. scapper says:

I was going to post that exact comment! Man, did I get a good laugh out of that one.

News: This Just In | Trib List | ICycle | Flow Back