If you’re going to tonight’s Central Valley at West Allegheny game (7 p.m. kickoff), get there an hour early. The U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team will perform a preview demonstration before the game. The Golden Knights are in town for the Wings Over Pittsburgh air show this weekend at the 911th Airlift Wing in Moon.
Five Games I Would Like To Watch:
5. Penn Hills at Gateway — Both teams lost badley to out-of-district opponents last week, so they’re certainly eager for a win. Neither wants to start the season 0-2.
4. Hopewell at Montour — The Class AAA Parkways Conference seems to be up for grabs following West Allegheny’s loss of star Mike Caputo. Hopewell’s Rushel Shell and Montour’s Julian Durden had multi-touchdown games Week 1.
3. North Hills at Woodland Hills — There aren’t many coaches better than NH’s Jack McCurry and WH’s George Novak.
2. Mt. Lebanon at Penn-Trafford — Can Manny Simpson keep this up? The Penn-Trafford junior running back rushed for 230 yards on 43 carries last week against Peters Township. As a sophomore, Simpson had 287 yards on 46 carries — all season.
1. Central Catholic at Bethel Park — Central Catholic leapt to the No. 1 spot in the Tribune-Review poll with a lopsided win over Akron Buchtel in the Rally at the Wolvarena. But a Bethel Park victory wouldn’t really be considered too much of an upset.
– Chris Harlan (email@example.com)