Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review
Here are three reasons why the Steelers will beat Tennessee Thursday night:
1. Ben Roethlisberger — Nobody has been better than Ben Roethlisberger. If he continues to play like he has, there will be nothing the Titans can do.
2. Offensive line – Yeah, I said it. The Steelers front five finally have a matchup where they will be able to dominate the Titans front seven.
3. Lawrence Timmons – Fresh off an 18-blitz performance against the Eagles in which Timmons showed he can be a difference maker, look for Dick LeBeau to send 94 after Matt Hasselbeck early and often.
Here are three reasons why the Steelers will lose to the Titans Thursday night
1. Matt Hasselbeck – I know Hasselbeck is ancient and not really playing well, but never underestimate a veteran quarterback. He could do just enough to keep the Titans in the game.
2. On the Road – The Steelers tend to play down to their opponents and especially on the road. Now, LP Field isn’t quite the Dawg Pound of old, but it could present problems for the Steelers.
3. Turnovers – It’s safe to say that turnovers can cost any team a game. But as bad as the Titans have been, turnovers might be the only way they win.