Thomas Jefferson’s copy of the Declaration Of Independence was on display at the New York Public Library this week. | Photo by Getty Images
Somebody at WhitePages decided to count how many people are walking around with the names of the Founding Fathers.
The White Pages database and public Social Security records were scoured for names that ring of Liberty.
John Adams, who beat Thomas Jefferson in 1800, beats him again with 9,893 people carrying the name of the second president and only 522 with the name of the anti-Federalist.
The top 14 names are …
- John Adams, 9,893
- Robert Morris, Revolutionary War financier, 7,367 (no, the survey did not count names of universities.)
- John Hancock, 1,616
- George Washington, 1,513
- Samuel Adams, who helped write the Articles of Confederation and brewed a little beer, 1,100
- Patrick “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death” Henry, 1,004
- James Madison, 753
- Thomas Jefferson, 522
- Benjamin Franklin, 401
- John Witherspoon, the father figure to the Founding Fathers: 309
- John Jay, first chief justice of the Supreme Court: 282
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist and duellist, 269
- Thomas “Government Even In Its Best State Is But a Necessary Evil” Paine, 179
- Betsy Ross, 163